anybody has this problem?

This user has no status.
sometimes I feel like if I play a long time, say 2 months with the same equipment, I get bored and lose motivation to play.
I only feel motivated to play again when I change equipment.
anybody else has this?
should I go to psychotherapy?
You need cold turkey from being a Junkie. Equipment Junkie that is. Check yourself into rehab asap. It destroys life faster than you'll notice.
Equipment. Not even once.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Aug 2012
I mean even if I don't buy more blades, let's say you have 5 blades.
why would you play all the time with the same if you can play once with each one and rotate them?
it's more fun that way.

I mean, let's say you were a kid and had all these toys.
would you play every single day with the same toy or would you play sometimes with one toy, sometimes with the other ones?
makes perfect sense...

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I mean even if I don't buy more blades, let's say you have 5 blades.
why would you play all the time with the same if you can play once with each one and rotate them?
it's more fun that way.

I mean, let's say you were a kid and had all these toys.
would you play every single day with the same toy or would you play sometimes with one toy, sometimes with the other ones?
makes perfect sense...
*facepalm* the joke flew right over you head.....

On a serious note, it makes lots of sense since i do it alot myself too. Trying out different blade/rubber combinations to find the best for my game.
I think I found it in my current setup though.....

This user has no status.
I have 5 modified blades in my Nexy bag at all times it seems, so 5 is a minimum magic number, but I am always true to use main blade in tourneys.

A bit curious about that way of thinking. Do you ever change your main blade to be another one of those 5? And doesn't it hurt your game if you alter equipment to often? I have one single setup at all times as I'm worried that I would get confused otherwise.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Read 14 reviews
It really depends on why you play, of course if you have the money for it and thinks it's fun why stop? I would never change the equipment just for fun because I play on a pretty high level and can't afford to lose my game because I constantly change equipment. For me it's very important to trust my racket and feel conformable with it, I put my focus on the training so I can develop as much as I possible can, thats what I think is the most fun with Table Tennis, but of course we are all different.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Aug 2012
I've been told many times it's not good to change equipment a lot.
but now I used the same equipment for quite a while and I noticed nothing changed.
I still beat the same guys, lose with the same guys, make the same mistakes as if I was using current equipment for the first time.
maybe even worse cause I don't pay attention to the equipment so I'm more careless.
when I changed equipment more I would pay attention to how it felt, change the angles of the bat accordingly, be careful about the strokes... so it was a continuous learning process.

now I'm more like a machine, always do the same again and again.

for example the other day I was playing this guy who plays short pips in the bh.
he gave me his paddle, I tried to hit it exactly the same way I hit with my paddle.
ball went to net every time and after some attempts I said "I can't use it".
in the past I would have immediately corrected my technique to try to mold to the new equipment.
now I'm like a robot :(

Last edited:
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
A bit curious about that way of thinking. Do you ever change your main blade to be another one of those 5? And doesn't it hurt your game if you alter equipment to often? I have one single setup at all times as I'm worried that I would get confused otherwise.

I am often forced to play using my other bats as my main bats simply do not last long for me. Often, it is the "special" and it helps my game to play with this setup for a spell, then when I return to the same class, I have more options in my game.