what mean "cho chole"?

I also think it's weird when an European is shouting cho, I mean why don't say something on you own language that you understand. I really hate cho morons who have to say it after every point, I mean come on focus on your game instead..

Like Paul Drinkhall? ha ha ha

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Read 14 reviews
IF this "CHO" helps them to play better next point (playing with better focus or more adrenaline), you can't really blame or judge them. Unless they're choing just to troll opponent

Yeah I know that some people can't really control it when the adrenaline is pumping, but I mean the players who just do it to disturb the opponent, and of course it's good when people are pushing themselves and shows some emotions but sometimes it's just to much.. And maybe choose a word on your own language and not only imitate the Chinese pros.

JHB

says Aged and infirm of purpose
Like Paul Drinkhall? ha ha ha

Lol !! Well yes, Paul Drinkhall is one of the worst for constant cho-ing. He also seems to have copied Andrew Baggaley's incessant fist-pumping after every point won, so we get the worst of both worlds. On the whole I prefer Gavin Rumgay's approach, at least he seems to appreciate the ludicrousness of the whole thing and deliberately play it up for all he's worth !

Lol !! Well yes, Paul Drinkhall is one of the worst for constant cho-ing. He also seems to have copied Andrew Baggaley's incessant fist-pumping after every point won, so we get the worst of both worlds. On the whole I prefer Gavin Rumgay's approach, at least he seems to appreciate the ludicrousness of the whole thing and deliberately play it up for all he's worth !

Yup! When I saw his match against Koki Niwa in the Russian Open, I was like OMG... :O. Those "Chos". ha ha ha

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2012
I find choing from non chineese pathetic .... i mean .. come on ...use your own language .... but on the contrary have nothing against players cheering even after every point ... table tennis is a game of minds in the first place ... and if i know that opponent is mentaly weak and will get more nervous ... i'll use it in a league match .. .

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Nov 2010
Hao cho means good ball. In an earlier thread I mentioned that in China friendly play the player complement each other's good balls and say hao cho to compliment the other player.

The people that cho their own wins are rude.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Read 1 reviews
I have no problem with someone cheering themselves on but tonight I really wanted to hit this person! We're doing a drill not even a match and she starts going cho on every time she hit the winner or I mucked up (you were meant to hit a winner so that's fine) and then she stands there having a chat with her mate leaving me to just stand there!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Nov 2010
I have no problem with someone cheering themselves on but tonight I really wanted to hit this person! We're doing a drill not even a match and she starts going cho on every time she hit the winner or I mucked up (you were meant to hit a winner so that's fine) and then she stands there having a chat with her mate leaving me to just stand there!
Like I said, these person are rude or jerks if you prefer.
In China hao cho is a compliment to the opponents ball. When they say it is sounds almost like a sneeze.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
Like I said, these person are rude or jerks if you prefer.
In China hao cho is a compliment to the opponents ball. When they say it is sounds almost like a sneeze.
It is not hao qiu

Actually it is not rude at all if during match. Every sport many player will do similar way to gain confidence and put pressure on opponents.

You can often see some kind of taunting in basketball, badminton even in tennis after some good rally. This is more about gain the mentality advantage