Long Pimples and Chopper teacher in Korea wanted

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Hi Everyone, I will visit Seoul from 22/12 to 30/12. I would like to learn more about defense style, using Long Pimples. Do anyone know where can I find good chopper coach in Seoul ? I can speak and listen little bit Korean but cannot read.

My equipment information is

Racket : Butterfly Defense Blade, handshake type
Forehand : Tenergy 05
Backhand : TSP P1R

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I believe you already found our Korea Foreign TT FB page, I responded with two suggestions.

My former club in Uijeongbu is an hour subway ride from central Seoul, but the coach is a former Pro K-league defender. There is an English teacher who shows up every day at my old club Lee Seung Sook TTC.

Here is the 9jang.com writeup with pics of my old club and what it looks like outside and inside. In Korea, you show a landline phone number, they can punch it into their navigation and it will take them there.

http://9jang.com/front/php/product.php?product_no=303&main_cate_no=32&display_group=1

Yong-In TTC is prolly 45 min subway ride and some walking to get to, but the coach there is about as renown famous LP coach you are going to run into. Coaches name is Yoo, Doo Joon and this is the Daum website of his club. Coach Yoo doesn't speak English, but he is a sure-fire good bet for a coach, so is my former coach in Uijeungbu. Both my old club and Coach Yoo's club open up before lunchtime for lessons.

http://cafe.daum.net/youngintt

This one has pics from his website http://cafe.daum.net/youngintt/LPOV/10

Coach's Cell # 010-3759-2641 Landline # 031-281-0632

Copy and paste this into google maps 용인탁구클럽 and you will see where his club is at, it is in the middle of a huge apt complex kinda uphill.

Brice's club (Sang-Am TTC) is near major college are east of Seoul station a few KMs. Here is the daum website for his club, since there are always female LP punchblockers, coach has to train them, so pretty much any Korean coach knows defense.

PM Brice on how to get there.

http://cafe.daum.net/sangampingpong

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
One more place you can visit is Lee Jae Il TTC in Yeung Deung Po area. On Saturdays around 1400 or so, a Div 1 Korean Chopper shows up to play. He is a big time producer for KBS Television. he speaks great English and maybe also can show you some stuff or tell you where he trained as a defender.

Here is the club writeup from 9jang.com

http://9jang.com/front/php/product.php?product_no=159&main_cate_no=&display_group=

The club has more room than the ave Korean club for defending. Not as much as you would want, but at least a meter more than ave club.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Type in 이재일탁구 into google maps once you get it centered on Seoul and it will show you where it is.

The club is on the side of a NW huge Korean supermarket store LOTTE MART. Take subay to Yeongdeungpo Market, go up the stairs of exit 1 and keep following the sidewalk going north. the club is around 1 km north of this station. You will cross a few intersections with lights. When you see the huge Lotte Mart on your left, go just past it and take a left on the side street. Go maybe 20-30 meters and you will see a newly constructed building. the club is on the second floor and you should be able to see the adverts for the club on the windows up there. Either take elevator or walk up stairs.

Just like any Korean club, when you are a visiting TT club player, you pay a flat rate anywhere from 5000 won to 10,000 won. You should not have to pay the higher general fees. lessons there cost the Korean average.

Check out that club, it shouldn't be too far from center of Seoul.

You could also get off at exit 9 of Dangsan station and walk east 100-200 past the big apartments on the right and turn right on the intersection and walk south maybe 500 meters and when you see Lotte mart on your left, cut left on the small street just before it and look on your left for the club on 2nd floor.

Reactions: anchorschmidt
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Hi Der_Echte,

Thank you so much for those invaluable information. Even though my Korean friend is local who can speak fluence Korean, however, he even cannot search so much information for me in daum.

I will try even club you mention. Actually my daughter would like to be a defence player and start practice LP 6 month ago.

Shall anyone of you visiting Hong Kong, please let me a message. I would like to buy a beer, play a game and go around HK

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Hi Der_Echte,

Do you have any contact of the Div 1 Korean Chopper usually play on Sat at Lee Jae Il TTC ?

Because my daughter only has ten days school holiday, we only stay in Seoul from 22/12- 30/12, I afraid that even we go to LJI TTC on Sat, we may not meet that player. Also, if we can ask him more information before coming to Seoul, we can better make our plan.

Thank you !

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Hmmm, I used to have his business card in my wallet, now I am in USA, I don't carry around an encyclopedia with me.
There are a lot of KBS who play at Lee Jae Il, just go there on a weekday early evening, like 5 PM or 6PM and he might be there, If not then coach Lee will be there and you can ask (in Korean) (Very few athletes speak good English)

or when you get there, FB message me and tell me what you want to say to him and I will type it in Korean, then he can reply in Korean, then I tell you what he says.

Reactions: felixsum
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
The Div 1 Chopper dude is a big producer for the action shows at KBS, forget his name. Just go to the club and ask about the "KBS 1부 수비선수" there is only one dude from KBS who plays at that level as a defender. He rarely misses Saturday. I went to that club 4 times on Sat early afternoon like 1500 and he was always there.

Reactions: felixsum
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Any of the clubs I mentioned... especially my former club in Uijeungbu... they will all tell you who can coach LP sponge defensive style of play in and around Seoul.

Another former national player has a club you ought to check out. Lee Jae Chul (in Korean 이재철) his club is on the edge of Mapo area very close to Gongdeok Station. Club is only 400 meters away, if that.

Get off exit 5, go up the stairs and follow the sidewalk kinda to the left and stay on sidewalk. After 50 meters or so, you will be on a crosswalk, cross it and stay on the same direction. It will be 20 meters wide to cross. The sidewalk will now be wide and there will be a very tall building on the left. The only English sign you will see on this building is Deli Beans (if they are still in business) and a couple green signs with a white cross saying pharmacy in Korean. Keep this building on your left and stay on sidewalk. Keep going, you will on the sidewalk on the left see plastic extensions of Korean fried ready batter foods for sale. You see this, you are REAL close. Go past these and just past them, there will be a stairwell going up. Look careful, it is easy to go past it. The sign is yellow. Club is on 3rd floor. Go up the stairs to 2nd floor, there will be a billiards club. Walk past the billiards club to another stairwell, take it to 3rd floor and club is on the right, you will see and hear it.

Lee Jae Chul was a national player in the 70s and knows the TT scene. He is still a contributor in the Korean system and has connections.

This is the man in this pic with me and a few of my friends. TTD Members Brice and Firdaus are in this.
Lee Jae Chul 1.jpg

Here is a pic from a league they run at the club.
ljc12.jpg

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Another guy you might ask is one of my friends from Facebook who is in Korea. He speaks great English. His name is Hong Keun Yoon. He sometimes goes to Lee Jae Chul's club.

https://www.facebook.com/hongkeun.yoon

Message him and tell him William recommended him for asking a few coaches where to train LP. Koreans call it 이젤 러버