Who Will Be CNT's 5th Male Player in Upcoming 2015 Team World Cup?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2013
2015 Team World Cup will be held from January 8-11, 2015 in Dubai.

CNT men's team announced on December 15 that it will have a trial on December 17 to choose one player from the following four second tier players to be the fifth player of its squad for the upcoming team World Cup:

Fang Bo
Shang Kun
Cui Qinglei
Liu Yi

The four players will play in single knock out system, and the ultimate winner will complete the five member squad for the Team World Cup, thus having a life time opportunity to become a world champion. CNT did not specify who are the other four members of its squad for the Team World Cup. It is speculated that they are Zhang Jike, Ma Long, Xu Xin, and Fan Zhendong.

The draw was out and the match-up will be:

Fang Bo vs Liu Yi
Shang Kun vs Cui Qinglei

The match will begin at 19:00.

So, who do you think will win?

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2013
The four candidates for this life time opportunity were voted by coach staff and players.

Don't know what happened to Zhou Yu and Yan An. It is also speculated that maybe two of CNT's Big Four (Zhang Jike, Ma Long, Xu Xin, and Fan Zhendong) will not be going, and Zhou Yu and Yan An are the other two players that were already chosen to go.

Japan already announced its line up for the Team World Cup, and Jun, Kenta, Koki are not going.

Last year, Timo and Dima did not go to the Team World Cup in Guangzhou.

It seems people are not taking the Team World Cup seriously as they do for Team World Championships.

So, it's possible that China will not send all of its Big Four to the event.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2014
Read 2 reviews
i think atleast china will send fan zhendong and xu xin since both of them is nominated in the starawards for the best male player and im sure that they will put focus on this tournament and see it as a test for the upcoming world championships and china always want to win. i think its a pitty that other teams dont take this oppertunity, like japan that will leave some good players at home.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2013
Fang Bo won! He would be the 109th world champion of the CNT.

Yes! I'm so happy for him! I have been rooting for him!

Fang Bo 3-0 Liu Yi (7,2,5)
Cui Qinglei 3-2 Shang Kun (-8,10,-8,7,9)

Fang Bo 3-0 Cui Qinglei (11,6,4)

Xiao Zhan was Fang Bo's coach and Qin Zhijian was Cui Qinglei's Coach for the final.

Last edited:
Reactions: chinguyen
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2013
Photos from PingPong Magazine

wz

wz

wz

wz

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2013
After Fang Bo winning CNT's fifth spot for the Team World Cup, Liu Guoliang said that Zhang Jike, Ma Long, Xu Xin, and Fan Zhendong are undisputed frontrunner for 2016 Rio Olympics, and therefore they are going to the Team World Cup without question. Because of his age, Wang Hao's importance in the team is diminishing, and the team wants to give his spot to some promising young players. Liu was satisfied with Fang Bo's performance, and said this year Fang Bo has been doing well both in national and international competitions. Liu hopes that Fang Bo could put some pressure on Xu Xin and Fan Zhedong.

89cc0f47jw1end4pdbq6tj20hs0c5myq.jpg

89cc0f47jw1end4pe8nhkj20i60bmabg.jpg

89cc0f47jw1end4ox1ldrj20hs0c13zs.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan and chinguyen

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
After Fang Bo winning CNT's fifth spot for the Team World Cup, Liu Guoliang said that Zhang Jike, Ma Long, Xu Xin, and Fan Zhendong are undisputed frontrunner for 2016 Rio Olympics, and therefore they are going to the Team World Cup without question. Because of his age, Wang Hao's importance in the team is diminishing, and the team wants to give his spot to some promising young players. Liu was satisfied with Fang Bo's performance, and said this year Fang Bo has been doing well both in national and international competitions. Liu hopes that Fang Bo could put some pressure on Xu Xin and Fan Zhedong.

Liu is so commanding hes awesome! This World Cup will be exceptional, congrats to Fang Bo! Thanks for the great updates @zjkfanforever

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Liu is so commanding hes awesome! This World Cup will be exceptional, congrats to Fang Bo! Thanks for the great updates @zjkfanforever

I doubt it .. this World Cup will be boring as hell..
All 3:0 for China, I dont call that exceptional..
No other team seems to be sending their top players, except Portugal I expect .. They are crazy and hungry for titles, they will do all they can .. And now after beating Germany in European team event, they will also want this tournament - at least the second place..
I dont expect anything exciting from this tournament, at least, concerning China..

Reactions: bachikho