STIGA Carbonado 145 Blade Review with Fan Zhendong!

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
STIGA Carbonado 145 Blade Review with Fan Zhendong!

TableTennisDaily had the fantastic opportunity to review STIGA's latest blade the Carbonado 145 with world no.3 Fan Zhendong!

Both @Dan and Fan Zhendong used the STIGA Carbonado 145 blade in the review. The video looks at various techniques and a range of shots used in today's modern game of table tennis and also which types of players this carbon blade is suited to.

Thanks to STIGA, Daniel Ives and Fan Zhendong in the making of this review.

We hope you have enjoyed this review, let us know what you think by posting below guys. The Chinese National Team have worked alongside STIGA China and STIGA Sweden to produce this blade. Players of the CNT are currently using and testing the blade in practice.

In January we will release the Carbonado 190 review with Xu Xin and Kristian Karlsson! Stay tuned.

Check out more TableTennisDaily Equipment Reviews here.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
Read 2 reviews
This is awesome ! What I like the most in this video is when Dan does the first banana flick and FZD nods like "yeah man, that's a good flick"
smiley-laughing002.gif
It's really great to see CNT players in others situations than tournaments !

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 7 reviews
Wow, I'm not that interested in the blades as of now but it must have been incredible to play with the world no.1 and 2 at the time. I wish FZD said something in the review but it was great to see his backhand flick close up. Did you get to talk with them?

You were 11-5 against FZD versus 11-5 against Waldner (bonus points to Waldner as he was wearing pants) :) Conclusion, let's send him to the next WTTC and watch him beat the chinese :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
I am only wondering, after this great review, if TTD will announce some Christmas competition with a chance of winning these two blades.. ? :)
Would be nice..
Not sure if that would be anything for me as I never won a competition here at this site :D

And guys, like this post if you agree with the competition :p

Last edited:
Reactions: ZED and huri

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
This is awesome ! What I like the most in this video is when Dan does the first banana flick and FZD nods like "yeah man, that's a good flick"
smiley-laughing002.gif
It's really great to see CNT players in others situations than tournaments !

Haha John! You are right! He was kind of showing me how to do it! It was awesome, he makes it look so dam easy!

Nice review as usual. When are these bad boys coming to the market? Did Stiga announce that? And more importantly what would be the price? I think Stiga understands it market and we don't want another Super ZLC kinda in the market.

Thanks Rajd! They are coming out in January, but I am not to sure of the exact date in Jan. I am unsure of price to and interested to see how much they will be to.

Wow, I'm not that interested in the blades as of now but it must have been incredible to play with the world no.1 and 2 at the time. I wish FZD said something in the review but it was great to see his backhand flick close up. Did you get to talk with them?

You were 11-5 against FZD versus 11-5 against Waldner (bonus points to Waldner as he was wearing pants) :) Conclusion, let's send him to the next WTTC and watch him beat the chinese :D

Yeah it was such an amazing, surreal experience. I spoke with Fan for around 5 minutes after. He had little English but seemed to understand stuff, we used a lot of body language to communicate :)

My friend (Yi Ming) who lives in England use to live with Fan Zhendong when he was younger (around 2 years ago) so I showed Fan Zhendong some pictures of him on my phone and he was surprised I new him. I said, Yi Ming says hi :)

Was cool! Aha! Waldner for WTTC! Living legend!

I am only wondering, after this great review, if TTD will announce some Christmas competition with a chance of winning these two blades.. ? :)
Would be nice..
Not sure if that would be anything for me as I never won a competition here at this site :D

And guys, like this post if you agree with the competition :p

Hehe that is a very nice idea Michal, we will see :)

thanks dan for a great review. it will be very interesting to hear from you if you feel the difference between the 145 and 190. what a fantastic oppertunity for you to play with these guys, im very envious and would almost do anything just to play a few balls with these superstars.

No worries Flash Gordan! I will be aiming to release the review in 1/2 weeks time. The review is also with Sweden's Kristian Karlsson which is cool!

Great review as always, can't wait to get my hands on these blades. So incredible with Fan Zhendong in the review and that the pros helps Stiga to make these blades!

Thanks Raz! I am looking forward to your review of the blades, I think you will be happy :)

Nice as always Dan! You are getting the hang of it ;) Fan Zhendong is having a great time beating the cr.p out of you ;) Good times!

Lol! He had a great time, he had me running all over the place :D

Reactions: anchorschmidt
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Read 14 reviews
rumors says that not only stiga players testing these blades at the moment and that also other top players from other brands testing it. anyone that can confirm it. would be interesting to know what players?

I can't verify or deny that rumor but I would not be surprised to see a lot of top players from different brands changing to new Carbonado blades. I think to see Fan Zhendong play with it in this review and Dan's comment about it being good tells us that this blade is something else! Can't wait to try it out myself.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Iven never been hyped before about new equipment coming out but DAMN I wanna try this blade soooooo baaddd. Hopefully its not too expensive but I expect it to be 100 euros atleast.

I was very excited to, as it is something new and different. I was very pleased with the result :) In terms of price I have no idea how much the blade will be.

Is it limba or koto outer?

When you say it rivals the best carbon blades, which common ones would you compare it to ? TB ALC?

I'm really interested in a comparison of throw / dwell / speed with Maze, Tbs or alc, Viscaria.

Thanks for the review. You must have enjoyed this!

Hi Olio, I am not to sure if the outer ply is limba or koto. In terms of comparing the blades I would say the Carbonado 145 acts more like a Viscaria blade in terms of throw and dwell. The speed is similar to the TBS however not as direct it seemed. The Carbonado 190 was more of the direct blade due to the lower trajectory similar to the Zhang Jike Super ZLC. I havent tried the Maze blade so not entirely sure.

Thanks for your comment, it was an incredible experience, it was really different to the norm :)

Nice review! Recently I've been looking at Carbon blades just to help with my game just as a switchup to my Balsa Carbo X5. Would you say this blade would be a good blade for off the table play?

Thanks Skully! Yeah I would say this is a good blade away from the table as the throw is pretty high and gives good margin for error on the shots. That's what I felt :) Let me know if you try it out, I would be interested in your comments :)

Good review. Do you think it will work good with Tenergy 05 and Airoc M?

Thanks! And definitely yeah! I used it with the Airoc M in this review and it will work with T05 to.

rumors says that not only stiga players testing these blades at the moment and that also other top players from other brands testing it. anyone that can confirm it. would be interesting to know what players?

I cannot confirm this, as I am unsure but I can imagine this to be true. I know Fan Zhendong and Xu Xin were keen to try the final product so I am sure other players will be to.

This user has no status.
Thanks Skully! Yeah I would say this is a good blade away from the table as the throw is pretty high and gives good margin for error on the shots. That's what I felt :) Let me know if you try it out, I would be interested in your comments :)

Thanks for that, it looks like something that could be something for me in the future, probably wont be until the end of the season though. Not a huge fan of changing a setup that's working for me right now, but Im considering using this blade when our leagues finally move to the poly ball