Did you know... ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2014
Read 2 reviews
I would like to start a fun thread where we spread table tennis "did you know...?" facts :D

So i will start: Did you know that Ma Long have lost 0-3 to a non chinese player?
Video:

He have lost 0-4 to a european player but that was in 2003, when he was 14 or 15 years old, so i don't count it :p
Video:

Reactions: Donow
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
Read 3 reviews
I would like to start a fun thread where we spread table tennis "did you know...?" facts :D

So i will start: Did you know that Ma Long have lost 0-3 to a non chinese player?
Video:

He have lost 0-4 to a european player but that was in 2003, when he was 14 or 15 years old, so i don't count it :p
Video:

Kazuhiro Chan is a chinese immigrant to Japan, his chinese name is Zhang Yibo and was born, raised and trained in China, I wouldn't count that as ML losing to a non chinese player :)

says I like tabletennis a lot, I do it already 5,5 years.
Dec 2014
nice idea I like ''did you know'' things, but I don't know one, sorry

Dec 2014
Did you know that Timo Boll is playing tabletennis since he was only 4, now he is 33.

This user has no status.
did you know that Jean-Michel Saive won the Belgian championship a record 25 times, losing only 5 times in his 30 appearances (whereof twice to his younger brother). He was only 15 years old when he won his first titel and by that time he was already part of the national team for 2 years. Talk about dominance!
to end this, here's a quote from wikipedia:
His father was the tenth ranking Belgian player and his mother won the Belgian ladies' doubles championships when she was pregnant with him.
You could say he was destined to play table tennis :p

Reactions: jeycop
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Did you know that Waldner actually developed and practiced a lot his "feeling" of the ball and it was not purely a "god given talent". He used to experiment in training and try different shots all the time. If you watch older videos of him before 1987 you could see that his feeling was nothing special back then.

Did you know that Gionis untill he was 21 didnt use his FH for looping/smashig attacking unless the ball was really really high. He was trained as a classical defender in Greece and started to develop FH attacks only for the past 10-12 years! In the last two maybe three years he is training to implement a BH block (twiddling his racket) with his FH rubber (pips in) whenever possible to get the opponent off guard

says Aging is a killer
And a dentist too

Did you know that Waldner actually developed and practiced a lot his "feeling" of the ball and it was not purely a "god given talent". He used to experiment in training and try different shots all the time. If you watch older videos of him before 1987 you could see that his feeling was nothing special back then.

Did you know that Gionis untill he was 21 didnt use his FH for looping/smashig attacking unless the ball was really really high. He was trained as a classical defender in Greece and started to develop FH attacks only for the past 10-12 years! In the last two maybe three years he is training to implement a BH block (twiddling his racket) with his FH rubber (pips in) whenever possible to get the opponent off guard

The most amazing fact is that he is also a qualified dentist. He must be very well organised.