Best backhand in the world?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2014
Hi guys just wanted to get some talk going on the top players backhands. I still to this day see players just using it to block/punch around. However I don't see anything ovtcharov cannot do very well. What you think?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Part of the reason he has 2 WTTC titles and an Olympic Gold in singles is that ZJK has a pretty darn good backhand. He can control a point and keep an opponent on his backhand because of how good his is. If there is a backhand to backhand rally and the player tries to turn to the forehand, they are in trouble against ZJK. I would say ZJK has the best and there are a few close behind him. Fan Zhendong, at some point will probably have the best backhand. But it is true, Dima's backhand is awesome. Pretty close.

Back in the day Schlager's backhand was pretty darn solid. And there is no need to mention Kreanga's. His is still pretty darn amazing. When he was in his prime, that was, perhaps, the most powerful backhand ever.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2014
Great discussion guys. i see the phrase "controlling backhand" a lot. This is kind of my point/argument/discussion, control it until they get a chance to switch? Dimas wrist seems the key watching his execution. BH counter loop is impressive.

This user has no status.
Zhang Jike. He can use his backhand close or away from the table and has the best Banana flick receive in the world. His backhand is aggressive and he can use it to control the point as well.
Well to be fair it was him that first popularised that technique in the first place hahaha.
I think Kreanga had a fantastic backhand back in his day. Not control wise, but more of a "i am gonna kill you with it" type of play :D
But if we're talking about overall, yea ZJK does have the most complete BH in the world...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
It's absolutely the coolest looking backhand but I don't know if it's the best... :)

The best it depends on what everyone see as the best... For me kreanga ( i'm from Greece, this mean a lot for my choose ) is the player that put something NEW at the meaning of BH.. After Kreanga, BH has take a progressive way..
(Sorry for my English)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk