Best backhand in the world?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
Absoultely FZD has the best backhand skills. When you watch any videos about his play then you can find that the opponent can't receive his backhand ball so many times..because his backhand drive goes so instantly and fast that other player don't expect well to the balls way..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Zhang Jike and Ovtcharov. The most versatile backhands in the world - no weaknesses. The most powerful element of their backhands is that they can increase pressure at the table if you are looping to them. This is what puts them in a different class from the others that look similar but aren't like Ma Long, who can break down blocking certain spins, or Timo, who is just passive against pressure.

This user has no status.
In terms of the best backhand I think Adrien Mattenet is also worth mentioning.
He may not be that good at blocking the ball near table like ZJK but at half-distance he has in my opinion the best backhand.
But all-around ZJK like I already mentioned in an earlier comment has the best backhand.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Dima may have as much power as any of the best BH-ers, but his techniques are quite incomplete when compared to FZD

ZJK and FZD are technically superior than everyoneelse, I would say FZD's technique has the highest potential, he blocks even better than zjk, he just needs 1-2 more years to develop muscle and perhaps more fingering like zjk has.

if zjk and fzd both have the same achievment, currently I would say fzd has better consistency than zjk and far-from-table looping technique, but zjk has better fingering technique (zjk's 2nd ball receives at crucial points may still be better)

lets see in wttc 2015.