Carbon vs Wood

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2014
Hi guys

Im an improving player who hopefully will be playing local league premier in less than a years time (he says). Im using a balsa tsp off blade which i love due to the weight, softness of the wood and the huge sweet spot. Im using t05 and t05-fx. However, as a looper i realise that i may have to change my blade as i improve. Im just wondering what would be useful to try. I like soft feel blades. Thanks in advance.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Stiga wood all around blade ��

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

... is a piece of flaming hot garbage (OK< it is a good blade, but it isn't near as nice after a good mod) until you make the hollow parts solid, then it is Beast Mode City with rubbers you like. You get the impact feel, more solid, better balance, and 1-1.5 levels higher bump in top end.

says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
Aug 2013
Read 3 reviews
I was using a carbon blade (Donic Blade) for 7 years. I felt that this one had the best wood feeling, very good dwell time etc. But for the sake of experimenting, I tried Tibhar Stratus Powerwood, I was left amazed. Now, whenever I try to play with a carbon blade, I just find it too stiff for my taste. If you really like to loop the ball you can try Tibhar Stratus Powerwood, I bought it after reading the review by yogi_bear, and I can swear by it. Another option, which I can recommend is Hinoki wood blades from Darker or Tibhar H-3-9, however, they will be very expensive and it all depends on your budget. Cheers and have loads of success and fun in 2015.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
You can't go wrong with a butterfly ALC - Timo Boll ALC, Spirit, and Viscaria are three of the best blades ever made.