New rubbers for plastic ball

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2014
So many new rubbers because of the new ball and professionals do not change anything, it is quite doubtful this type of marketing....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Nov 2010
I am not going to change my setups because of plastic balls.
I can assure all of you that there is no force or impulse, and resulting trajectory, these new rubbers can produce that an older rubber can't. It may take a slightly different stroke but people are very good at adapting.

I agree with the above comment above that marketing will say you need new rubber when you really don't.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Well, I know I switched from Tenergy to Victas V>01 (Stiff on FH and Limber on BH).

I was planning to get Xiom Omega V Pro and Europe for the Virtuoso blade I bought in October. The reason, because it was designed for the new plastic ball. So was Victas.

A friend recommended I try Victas. So I tried them side by side, Tenergy was on my blade. Victas V>01 Stiff and Omega V Pro were on my friend's blade. I tried with a celluloid ball; I tried with the plastic ball. Tenergy is good. Omega V is good. I personally felt that Victas is crazy good.

The sponge on both the Tenergy and the Omega V is actually a bit better than the sponge on Victas. But the topsheet on Victas is so much better than anything else I have tried that it is worth it. Somehow the topsheet grabs the plastic ball better than anything else I have felt. Also, even though it generates a lot of spin, more than Tenergy, it is very easy for me to control. It did not take any time for me to get used to it.

The plastic protective sheets I use to protect my rubbers, they did not really stick to my Tenergy. The Victas topsheet is smooth non-tacky; but it sticks to the plastic covers as though it was tacky. I am not sure how they did it, but this stuff really grabs the Poly ball. I was having a lot of trouble doing those touch loop shots with the Poly ball using Tenergy. The ball would fall off if you didn't drive directly through it when looping. With Victas I can do those touch loops.

So I know that Victas is different than other stuff I have tried. I have also heard good things about Rhyzm-P but I have not tried that one. And I am happy with Victas rubbers. They are made by TSP in Germany.

I don't think anyone needs to change equipment for the plastic ball. I was fine with Tenergy. But I am really happy with this rubber that costs less and works better for me.

Last edited: