A-Gold's new Spielzeug

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I was thinking of putting this one on teh back of Abe's uniform, but it would not have been seen clearly from a distance...

cookie 11.jpg

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I was thinking of putting this one on teh back of Abe's uniform, but it would not have been seen clearly from a distance...

attachment.php

Now that is something. I want that on the back of my jersey. That is awesome.

"I think it's befitting that I go out of boxing the way I came in, by beating up a big, bad, ugly monster that nobody can beat!" Muhammad Ali after beating George Forman in 1974.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Abe (agold here on TTD) just won a Championship at his level in the NYC area Westchester TTC March Open !!! He won the U1750 event.

If anyone doesn't understand the USA system, they classify players by ratings points, more points means you are higher level player. If there was only jsut the Open event, only a few would have any chance to be competitive, so they break it down by ratings points cutoffs to create many events. These are similar to a division system used worldwide, but you can always play in a "Higher" "division" in a USA sanctioned tourney.

If your rating is lower than the cutoff for the event, then you are eligible to compete in that event.

A typical tourney would have the...

Open
U2400
U2200
U2000
U1800
U1600
U1400
U1200
U1000

So if your rating is 1523, than you could NOT compete in the U1400 (your rating would be too high to compete at that level) but you could play in the U1600 and all the higher events. (Although you would likely only be competitive in the U1600 and maybe a little in the U1800) Players enter higher events to get a chance to play vs better players in a match to gain experience or hijack ratings points.

IMG_2459.jpg

IMG_2458.jpg

IMG_2457.jpg

Maye we ought to have agold iron on that cookie monster pic to the back of his uniform... before Trouble Maker Carl does it first.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hall of fame photos of Abe the "Gator Wrestler" and Trouble Maker Carl "The Grinch who TRIED to steal Spartacus" (and nearly got his azz-whoop'd.)

Nearly? How did he pry that racket out of my hands if Abe didn't use some serious game skillz like around the net rollers and third ball attacks that were unstoppable on me. He gave me the same treatment he gave to all the opposition in the U-1750 at Westchester last weekend.

And you should have seen how he handled the goon squad when they came after him once he got the Spartacus away from me. Some of the moves he used have never been seen before or since. I think he could even teach Der_Echte a thing or two about handling those clowns.

Sent from my GoonSquadPhone using AroundTheNetTalk

Last edited:
Reactions: agold
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
If the good squad would show up at the club, I would show Abe a move he never saw before. I would be there at the door right before they make their sudden rush and stop them in their tracks by looking all deranged, disheveled, and with my shorts around my ankles. I would shout real loud and crazy and demand that they pay $23 IMMEDIATELY for overdue parking before I pee all over them! (and I would have hand on target at the ready)

No good squad would want to get peed on, so they would stop, fumble for & cough up the money, and then go about their business (or get peed on, which would be the ultimate disgrace for them) That would give plenty of time for Carl and Abe to give 'em the slip. Me, I would look so crazy they wouldn't think it would be me. I would take their money and mosey on down to the veggie juice bar and enjoy a juice at the rendezvous while the Goon squad searches in futility.

3 minutes later, we would all be laughing our azz off at the juice bar over the inept goon squad, but it was a close call, more than the other ones.

Last edited: