Unbelievable Diving Backhand Around The Net!

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
What a way to kick start 2015 with this unbelievable around the net shot with the backhand! Thanks to @Steven for posting this shot in our latest topic gathering all the best shots of 2015 so we can keep track of these mind blowing moments in table tennis!

Just watch and see for yourself!

We see a lot of forehand's around the net, however from the backhand side is rare! Even Jan Ove Waldner would be pleased with this one! :)

This video is also viral with over 100,000 views on youtube in the last 24 hours of upload!

Diving backhand around the net shot by Johan Hagberg

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hey guys It's me on the video, glad you guys liked my shot. Thanks for liking and sharing, if you have any further questions or whatever, bring'em in, I'm out, deuces! /johan hagberg.

Such an amazing shot! It is totally viral on youtube now! You might get interviewed on Sky Sports News :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 4 reviews
to mr da da

Such an amazing shot! It is totally viral on youtube now! You might get interviewed on Sky Sports News :)
Geez Daniel, I won't be able to go outside without the paparazzi showing up at my doorstep.
I don't know if I can handle the life of fame anymore , I'm so famous atm that Oprah is gonna make a comeback just to make an interview with me, can't wait.

Reactions: Dan
says Aging is a killer
Ignore the trolls

Geez Daniel, I won't be able to go outside without the paparazzi showing up at my doorstep.
I don't know if I can handle the life of fame anymore , I'm so famous atm that Oprah is gonna make a comeback just to make an interview with me, can't wait.

Great stuff, Jay.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hey guys It's me on the video, glad you guys liked my shot. Thanks for liking and sharing, if you have any further questions or whatever, bring'em in, I'm out, deuces! /johan hagberg.

That is as good as it gets, shades of Michael Maze's backhand. :)

This user has no status.
We see a lot of forehand's around the net, however from the backhand side is rare! Even Jan Ove Waldner would be pleased with this one! :)

This video is also viral with over 100,000 views on youtube in the last 24 hours of upload!

Diving backhand around the net shot by Johan Hagberg

Well Dan, here I have another one for you;

The point at 3:23

some highlights of the Eredivision Final 2011

I think this is the best one Ive ever seen.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Well Dan, here I have another one for you;

The point at 3:23

some highlights of the Eredivision Final 2011

I think this is the best one Ive ever seen.

Wow great find! That is very rare to see! a forehand around the net from the backhand side :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2012
Fortunately the video was captured at a nice angle xD

Thanks Dan for the slow mo, it shows more clearly how he executes the backhand!

Last edited: