TableTennisDaily visit China STIGA Team 2015!

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Hey everyone,

STIGA have invited TableTennisDaily to the STIGA office in Beijing and to the visit the new Chinese National Training Centre. This is such a fantastic opportunity STIGA have given me, I will have exclusive behind the scene access to take photos and videos of the Chinese National Team in the training hall to share to you.

STIGA and TableTennisDaily will record a documentary of around 8 episodes to really capture and understand how the Chinese Team go about their day to day practices. We will also visit the STIGA Beijing Office which will be brilliant!

On the trip I will be interviewing some of the STIGA players such as Xu Xin, Fan Zhendong and Zhu Yuling.

xuxindan.jpg

I will keep you updated with all the behind the scenes action that I manage to take! This will be awesome!

This user has no status.
I'm really looking forward to this. To be able to see behind the curtains of the Chines team training is something else for sure.

Things I would love to see in this documentary. :)

*Filming of drills and physical workout.
*Interview the coaches about their view how to train the perfect TT player.

*Interview players about how they got started with TT.
*What it was like growing up with TT in China and what it was like to go full TT (move away from their parents at a young age most likely).
*What kind of hurdles they have had to overcome in their careers.
*What have been their defining moment in TT so far?
*What they think other countries should do to be more competitive against China.
*Who do they consider to be their biggest rival outside of china.

*This may be a tall order considering contracts with Stiga and so on but what rubbers and blades are each player actually using and why.

and the most important thing, don't forget to include the female players. :)

I will edit this if I come up with more stuff.

Last edited:

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Thanks for all the amazing comments guys! I will do my absolute best in bringing you all awesome videos and photos!

Awesome news Dan! This is why i love TableTennisDaily! Looking forward to it :D

Thank you Razzz!

I'm really looking forward to this. To be able to see behind the curtains of the Chines team training is something else for sure.

Things I would love to see in this documentary. :)

*Filming of drills and physical workout.
*Interview the coaches about their view how to train the perfect TT player.

*Interview players about how they got started with TT.
*What it was like growing up with TT in China and what it was like to go full TT (move away from their parents at a young age most likely).
*What kind of hurdles they have had to overcome in their careers.
*What have been their defining moment in TT so far?
*What they think other countries should do to be more competitive against China.
*Who do they consider to be their biggest rival outside of china.

*This may be a tall order considering contracts with Stiga and so on but what rubbers and blades are each player actually using and why.

and the most important thing, don't forget to include the female players. :)

I will edit this if I come up with more stuff.

Thanks for adding all this stuff! It helps great, the more ideas the better!

I will post in here all updates so we can keep in contact here. If anyone has some time it would be great if you can add more questions you would like us to interview the players about.

What questions would you like us to interview to:

- Xu Xin
- Fan Zhendong
- Zhu Yuling

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
What questions would you like us to interview to:

- Xu Xin
- What activities besides eating with chopsticks do you do righthanded?
- Do you prefer to play against lefties or righties?
- Have you ever tried playing with a K-Pen bat? If yes, how did you like it?
- Do you think that other contries with traditional penhold style will pick up the rbp any time soon? Is China trying to promote that technique to their neighbours by often sending their top Penholders to big tournaments in Korea and Japan?
- Do you still train the traditional backhand push? Is it still being taught to beginners or has it been completely replaced with rbp?

Will edit in more question as they come up in my mind.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
I have some questions.. for Xu Xin:
- What tournaments are really important for you? I mean - in what tournament would you pull out your A-game against Zhang Jike or Ma Long or Fan Zhendong?
And question for all 3 - have you ever used a stiga blade or stiga rubber in some kind of tournament?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
What an amazing opportunity, I have really enjoyed the tabletennisdaily/stiga productions and am really looking forward to this documentary!

question for Xu Xin:
-Why did you decide to play penhold, and would you encourage more players to make the switch?

To all three:
-Do you enjoy any other recreational sports or activities?
-Do you and if so, how often do you do cross training such as weight lifting, running, swimming etc...?
-What is your biggest goal that you hope to accomplish in table tennis?
-Do you think that China's relatively large amateur table tennis scene has helped them to dominate at the professional level?

I will edit this as more ideas come up!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2014
I have some questions.. for Xu Xin:
- What tournaments are really important for you? I mean - in what tournament would you pull out your A-game against Zhang Jike or Ma Long or Fan Zhendong?
And question for all 3 - have you ever used a stiga blade or stiga rubber in some kind of tournament?

And why would Zhang Jike and Ma Long use another blade then the one from their sponsor? FZD used Infinity, so yes he have used STIGA blade in a lot of tournaments.

Reactions: trim