TableTennisDaily visit China STIGA Team 2015!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
who is this player?
not fzd, the other one.
and what equipment does he use?
thanks.

21chinatrip2015day1.jpg

He is Cheng Jingqi.

Reactions: Dan

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
I saw on some pictures that they had a lot of video recordings in the Training centre. Did they video tape all of their practices?

Good question raazzz. The picture with all the video cameras is from the National B training centre during competition matches. I think a lot of players were recording their games. Perhaps the National B squad record a lot of practice and match sessions to have an advantage over the A squad to catch up to them?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Read 14 reviews
Good question raazzz. The picture with all the video cameras is from the National B training centre during competition matches. I think a lot of players were recording their games. Perhaps the National B squad record a lot of practice and match sessions to have an advantage over the A squad to catch up to them?

Ok, yeah that sounds likely. I wonder how much time the national team is putting on analyzing their previous matches or if it's most the coaches who puts the most time in it, did you see if Fan Zhendong and Xu Xin videotaped their practices?

Last edited:

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Ok, yeah that sounds likely. I wonder how much time the national team is putting on analyzing their previous matches or if it's most the coaches who puts the most time in it, did you see if Fan Zhendong and Xu Xin videotaped their practices?

Yeah good question again haha :) I think a specific coach will do notational analysis for the players. I know they have this in Japan as I spoke to the guy who does it for the Japanese team when I was at the Swedish Open.

None of the players in the National A squad training used any cameras, only the National B squad which was interesting. Not sure if you have seen this video before, but the Chinese National team use quite a lot of video analysis as part of their preparation.

Watch from 2.45 :)

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Great news everyone! The STIGA documentary for our trip to China will be released next Wednesday on the 22nd April 2015.

'The Journey Through Chinese Table Tennis!'

The episodes will be released one each day at a time until the start of the World Table Tennis Championships in Suzhou, China.

Stay tuned!

documentarystigattd.jpg

foz

This user has no status.
Hey everyone,

STIGA have invited TableTennisDaily to the STIGA office in Beijing and to the visit the new Chinese National Training Centre. This is such a fantastic opportunity STIGA have given me, I will have exclusive behind the scene access to take photos and videos of the Chinese National Team in the training hall to share to you.

STIGA and TableTennisDaily will record a documentary of around 8 episodes to really capture and understand how the Chinese Team go about their day to day practices. We will also visit the STIGA Beijing Office which will be brilliant!

On the trip I will be interviewing some of the STIGA players such as Xu Xin, Fan Zhendong and Zhu Yuling.

xuxindan.jpg

I will keep you updated with all the behind the scenes action that I manage to take! This will be awesome!

Brilliant !!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Great news everyone! The STIGA documentary for our trip to China will be released next Wednesday on the 22nd April 2015.

'The Journey Through Chinese Table Tennis!'

The episodes will be released one each day at a time until the start of the World Table Tennis Championships in Suzhou, China.

Stay tuned!

documentarystigattd.jpg

what took you so long? :p

Reactions: Dan