TableTennisDaily visit China STIGA Team 2015!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2014
Hi Dan can you put many vidéos of fan zhendong or zhang jike at the training ?

Thanks

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Get as much video of the top chinese men practicing as possible! The more such video we have the better!

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Thanks guys! This sure is table tennis heaven and I am so fortunate really! Wish you could all see it, I hope all the content from the documentary we are producing will allow you to relive all these incredible moments. It really will be great.

I will do my best to upload more footage from the training hall.

Thank you for the photos! Are there any photos of Waldner lying around? :)

I haven't actually seen any that I can recall. But one thing I do know is that Waldner is extremely famous in China. He is known by everyone I am told.

Reactions: RIPPER
says TTD Team vs Pongfinity drops tomorrow!
says TTD Team vs Pongfinity drops tomorrow!
Administrator
Oct 2010
Day 3 Pictures

Today we visited the table tennis shops and the best table tennis school in China which is located in Beijing. This school has produced some of the worlds greatest players including Ma Long. The upcoming documentary with STIGA will reveal everything.

stigacar.JPG

A table tennis billboard outside the shopping centre which had the table tennis shops.

malongposterbeijing.JPG

DSC_1280.JPG

DSC_1281.JPG

DSC_1333.JPG

This blade is only sold in China, it is a STIGA Rosewood mixed with a clipper. Pretty cool right!

stigarosewoodclipper.JPG

A table from the London 2012 Olympics in one of the TT shops.

DSC_1395.JPG

The entrance to the table tennis school in Beijing.

DSC_1454.JPG

DSC_1599.JPG

says Where will table tennis be in the future? And what ideas...
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
I forgot to mention, I gave Fan Zhendong a TableTennisDaily t-shirt after he chose the winner for the STIGA Carbonado 190 blade competition on TTD. I wonder if he will wear it :)

Yes awesome stuff dan, be awesome if you gave one to each top Chinese player and who knows one day you might see them all training in it. I hope some of my advice for china comes in handy.

And interestingly enough that dhs tt shop I believe is the same one I was in 7 years ago! Before we even met in Bristol! Crazy.

Last edited:
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Hey Dan, maybe you could ask some slightly offbeat questions to pluck out something of the players personalities...

What three adjectives would you use to describe yourself ?
What is the best thing you ever bought ?
What do you do when you don't play TT ?
What does Chinese scrabble look like ?
A good book, or a good party ?
The empire state building, or the London eye ?
Integrity or wealth ?
Can you do the Rumgay ?
Who is your favourite actor ?
Point at/tell me the most arrogant player in the team ?
Point at/tell me the most attractive player in the team ?
Point at/tell me the hardest working player in the team ?
What would you do if you arrived at a training session without your training shoes and nobody could lend you any ? (private :) )
etc.

suck the marrow Dan.

haha great questions spinquark loving the originaity, good idea to try and see the personality of some of these players

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Day 1 pictures:
Dan, Joana (STIGA China representive), and Felix Wirstrom outside the China National Team Training Centre.

9chinatrip2015day1.jpg
Hey Dan, she is pretty ;)
If you two fall in love, you may have even more stiga benefits ;) :D

Day 2 pictures

This is one of the two training halls. This hall belongs to the A squad of the Chinese National Team. There are 24 tables. I will upload a video of me touring this floor soon.

17chinatripp2015day2.jpg

OMG, this is so beautiful, so cool!!! I would take sleeping bag and sleep in there! wait a minute.. were are toilettes? :D

This is a local club in Beijing, I had an awesome time in there. The atmosphere was amazing. I recommend all players to cisit if your ever in Beijing.

26chinatripp2015day2.jpg
Definitelly will do!
And if I will win a lotto or something, I will build one like this at my place.. Excellent!
China seems to be a place of dreams come true, yayy!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2014
Read 6 reviews
Fan Zhendong Forehand Topspin against backspin in the NEW Chinese National Team Training Centre!

Obviously excellent form, and it is something I will watch again. It's incredible how he seems to put so little speed into his arm but the ball goes so quickly. But what I am really wondering is where you can get the thing that the man in the background was using to pick up the balls (0:45-0:55)? That seems like a big time saver!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Obviously excellent form, and it is something I will watch again. It's incredible how he seems to put so little speed into his arm but the ball goes so quickly. But what I am really wondering is where you can get the thing that the man in the background was using to pick up the balls (0:45-0:55)? That seems like a big time saver!

waist rotation gives the ball most of the speed!

Reactions: agold