Rasant PowerGrip problem......

This user has no status.
YES! I purchased a sheet the day it came out, I usually hit up around 3 times a week and play club matches once a week and I noticed after about only 4 weeks the top-sheet had deteriorated and lost maybe 35-40 percent of its original tackiness.... I am going to stay away from Andro products for a while until they get a better quality control team. Having said that I have an OLD sheet of rasant that I ordered in Feb 2014 that is practically as tacky as a new sheet. Who knows....

This user has no status.
Used Rasant Grip for 3/2 months before selling it to my friend(great rubber but somehow pretty poor match with my blade). Was still in great shape by the time of selling but I'm not an aggressive-looping-player.
On the other hand my friend used many pieces of Andro Hexer+(not for poly ball) and never had any quality issues.

This user has no status.
Used Rasant Grip for 3/2 months before selling it to my friend(great rubber but somehow pretty poor match with my blade). Was still in great shape by the time of selling but I'm not an aggressive-looping-player.
On the other hand my friend used many pieces of Andro Hexer+(not for poly ball) and never had any quality issues.
Going to stay away from Andro products like I said, hope Butterfly release a Tenergy specifically designed for the poly ball... The TT world would go mental...

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Hey Pricy, looks like you are getting around 100 hours of use. That is a very normal useful life for a TT rubber. When I used T05, I could get 4-6 weeks out of it MAX, which was 100-150 hours. You cant really expect much more form a lot of the modern rubbers.

I could get 3x that from Aurus, like 300-400 hours, then my Korean friend would take my used rubber and slap it on hi Jun Mizutani and get another 1000 hours from it beofre it disintegrated.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Hey Pricy, looks like you are getting around 100 hours of use. That is a very normal useful life for a TT rubber.

I agree that this is not so bad, especially for such a high-tech kind of rubber. If you speedglue an old-school Coppa or Sriver to achieve a similar performance they will not last any longer.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Read 14 reviews
For all those Andro users is it just me or does the Powergrips grip wears out very very fast, I've had my rubber for about 10-12 weeks and it's lost about 65-75%, I train 3 times a week and play in the league once a week. Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks

I noticed the same thing thats why I changed rubbers, I have never played with any rubber that last as short time as Rasant Powergrip..

Thanks guys for the feedback I'm most definetly changing my rubber probably to the Yasaka Rakza 9 (heard good things) and take it from there.

just to let you all know aswell if you like in the UK have a look at decathlon.co.uk they have got really good sales on rubbers I picked up Joola octopus for £10 per sheet and Yasaka rakza 9 for £17.99 instead of £40.00+, they have Stiga calibra tour S and Tour M for £17.99 and much more.

cheers

James

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Coppa or Sriver topsheets are so slippery that no matter how u much speedglue it it's not gonna get anywhere close to Powergrip, in terms of spin at least :p
Besides speedglue is banned in official matches these days so it might not be the most sensible option for Pricey.

Wasn´t meant as an option, more a sidenote for the quite inevitably upcoming post that back in the day, every rubber lasted soooo much longer than today and how modern rubbers are a total rip-off etc. ;-)

JHB

says Aged and infirm of purpose
Thanks guys for the feedback I'm most definetly changing my rubber probably to the Yasaka Rakza 9 (heard good things) and take it from there.

just to let you all know aswell if you like in the UK have a look at decathlon.co.uk they have got really good sales on rubbers I picked up Joola octopus for £10 per sheet and Yasaka rakza 9 for £17.99 instead of £40.00+, they have Stiga calibra tour S and Tour M for £17.99 and much more.

cheers

James

Thanks for pointing that out, they sure do have some swingeing reductions on Rakza 9 ( and Rakza 7. ) Makes Tees Sport's prices look sick - but then what doesn't. :cool:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews

cheers

James

That is damn cheap!