What is your profession outside of TT

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I am 30 year Vet of the Army. Soon my career will be over and it looks like the only occupation remaining to me is to scare children for a living. ;)

Actually, once I am done with military, I will work in Korea and I am currently a President of a TT equipemnt distributor ATM.

Reactions: Giangt
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
We do a lot of stuff different from our assigned occupations in the military. my last 12 months in Iraq, I did your job... I had to build, service, and administer the computer network and laptops for the Army and State Department on the camp. Average troubleshooting call would go something like this: (Hope your future workplace won't drive you so zany)

State Department Executive: Seargent Der_Echte... I need your help urgently !!! The computer screen turned suddenly black a few minutes ago and I gotta get it back working within the next few minutes for a video confernce or else the Secretary of State is gunna fire me !!! HELP !!!

Der_Echte: OK. (Pants from running all hte way to the guy's office area) I need you to relax and close your eyes. Think Positive.

State Department Executive: OK. I'll try. Hurry.

Der_Echte: Move your fingers forward and and act like you are massaging the laptop keyboard... it is stressed and needs a massage from you.

State Department Executive: Like this ???!!! (Keeps eyes closed and moves his massage slowly upwards on the keyboard.

Der_Echte: That's good, just a little more, keep moving up and massage it there. (Der_Echte reaches over and hits the power button to bring the laptop out of sleep mode) OK, I think you did it !!!

State Department Executive: Oh My God !!! That was outstanding !!! How can I thank you ???!!!

Der_Echte: I'll figure that out later. You ought to get on video phone before you become busted by the Secratary of State !! (Der_Echte runs out of office while he can still maintain a straight face and laughs all the way back to his workplace and makes the rest of the camp think he ate something really good they didn't.)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
We do a lot of stuff different from our assigned occupations in the military. my last 12 months in Iraq, I did your job... I had to build, service, and administer the computer network and laptops for the Army and State Department on the camp. Average troubleshooting call would go something like this: (Hope your future workplace won't drive you so zany)

State Department Executive: Seargent Der_Echte... I need your help urgently !!! The computer screen turned suddenly black a few minutes ago and I gotta get it back working within the next few minutes for a video confernce or else the Secretary of State is gunna fire me !!! HELP !!!

Der_Echte: OK. (Pants from running all hte way to the guy's office area) I need you to relax and close your eyes. Think Positive.

Der_Echte: Move your fingers forward and and act like you are massaging the laptop keyboard... it is stressed and needs a massage from you.

State Department Executive: Like this ???!!! (Keeps eyes closed and moves his massage slowly upwards on the keyboard.

Der_Echte: That's good, just a little more, keep moving up and massage it there. (Der_Echte reaches over and hits the power button to bring the laptop out of sleep mode) OK, I think you did it !!!

State Department Executive: Oh My God !!! That was outstanding !!! How can I thank you ???!!!

Der_Echte: I'll figure that out later. You ought to get on video phone before you become busted by the Secratary of State !! (Der_Echte runs out of office while he can still maintain a straight face and laughs all the way back to his workplace and makes the rest of the camp think he ate something really good they didn't.)
haha that's awesome. A few of my mates are in the forces over here in Australia. One of them is artillery something or rather and the other is Military police, he has been over to Iraq a few times and has to go over again shortly :)

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I'm a scientist and a professor at a university (physiology and biophysics). I do work on drug discovery. I also sometimes coach table tennis.

Last edited:
Reactions: RIPPER
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Other than playing/social TT, my career is also TT (hehehehe)
Outside that, I have been in the corporate environment, with experiences in managing a business unit which focus on imports and distribution, and at that time a USD80million turnover annually unit. That job took me away from TT, so I ended that for TT :p
Now I am in health care when I am not doing TT stuff, and also taken up some consulting work, in the lines with my corporate experiences.

Prefect dream would be the work or own a full time centre and coach a few hours a day and to have fun/social TT for the other few hours

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I forgot to include it in my first post, since we list our higher positions, but my FB page says I am a Janitor and Professional Babysitter. Those are not exactly the awe inspiring profesional qualifications of a President, but it is what it is. At least we are gunna have one damn clean and orderly run outfit. That's gotta count for something.

If Carl and I continue our ways on the forum, then you can include Professional Thread Hijacker to the pile.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

That is pretty good. Totally funny.

I have a friend who works for the Secret Service. He is a photographer. Most of what he does is take photos of counterfeit bills so the government of the USA can figure out how to make it harder to counterfeit. But, he also trains the regular service officers to use their cameras for stakeouts. He told me, it makes him laugh that he has to explain to them that if the stakeout is at night or in bad light that they have to make sure their flash is off so that the suspect isn't alerted to the stakeout. :)

Now, me, I have a simple job. I teach yoga. But you may need the skills of a secret serviceman on a stakeout to stay safe and not get divorced in my line of business. One time a friend from table tennis came to one of my yoga classes. After class there was this line of about 10 women who were all pretty darn good looking wanting to ask me questions. And my friend, said, "Carl, I want your job!" He said it pretty loud. But I am not sure any of them noticed what he said. They were all to focused on listening to me. :)

But, with my job, for real, I have to be careful because I actually have had stalkers and I am actually married and do want to stay that way. So I always have to figure out how to redirect their attention without being mean. In regular life these same women would probably never even notice me. But, because they see me while I am doing what I do best, and as a yoga teacher I am about 2600-2800, even if I am only 1700-1800 at best as a table tennis player (probably 1500-1600 is more accurate haha). So, when you see someone who is really good at what they do, and you want to be good at that, it has its allure. There is not other explanation I can think of that a short little gnome like me would be stalked by some totally hot and famous fashion model. And that DID happen. hahaha.

Before that, I performed in Ringling Brothers and Barnum and Bailey Circus for 2 years.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Mute Invert.jpg
    Mute Invert.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 626
  • dog.jpg
    dog.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 686
  • IMG_1175.jpg
    IMG_1175.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 670
Reactions: RIPPER
My career is an Engineer structural designer , i had a blast playing semi professional american football for a while after finished college. Being very athletic looking for something to keep me in great shape so i picking up table tennis exactly 20 months now :) just got my 1800 trophy. I train about 2.5 hrs to 3 hrs a day 7 days a week after my work :)

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I forgot to include it in my first post, since we list our higher positions, but my FB page says I am a Janitor and Professional Babysitter. Those are not exactly the awe inspiring profesional qualifications of a President, but it is what it is. At least we are gunna have one damn clean and orderly run outfit. That's gotta count for something.

If Carl and I continue our ways on the forum, then you can include Professional Thread Hijacker to the pile.

Table Tennis forum thread hijacker crew. Hahaha.

Reactions: Der_Echte
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Table Tennis forum thread hijacker crew. Hahaha.

Yeah, and as a Janitor with 30 yrs military experience, I get assigned the task of cleaning up after some of Carl's Hijacks... what a thankless job. :(

Sometimes, it is simply too impossible to put the toothpaste back into the tube and you gotta roll with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
I'm a university student, studying Cognitive Science. (Basically Psychology with a few twists added!)