Help choosing a custom racket

This user has no status.
Cool. That should be a good racket. What rubbers do you have on it?

It is, from the first time i use it i managed to control a bit, much much better than the last time when i used 2 used rackets both are Timo Boll Spirit with Rakza7/9 on one blade and Tibhar 1Q both sides on another blade, no control at all.

I have Tenergy 05FX on FH[black] and Tenergy 64 [red], sounds both are doing great, just i need to do more control and improve my arms position and footwork and timing, if i play with this player more i can practice on him more.

In fact, the rubber is great for spin, somehow faster in some hits, but should i keep using it or going for something that is slower or give more control rubber? i am not sure which part did give me the possible control, the blade itself or the rubbers i use?

The best thing is, the racket is lightweight, i thought the blade is heavy and the rubber will make it overweight, but to my surprise, it wasn't, nicely fit my hand and immediately i could do most of my chop and smashing hits without problems.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Cool. Jun Mizutani with T05FX on FH and T64 on BH should be a pretty good setup.

When you play higher rated players you may have some trouble handling their spin but you will get used to it. Have fun and play a lot.

Now you will have to start telling us about your adventures playing. And perhaps you can even get some decent video footage of yourself since you are a photographer. Would be fun to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
1. Cool. Jun Mizutani with T05FX on FH and T64 on BH should be a pretty good setup.

2. When you play higher rated players you may have some trouble handling their spin but you will get used to it. Have fun and play a lot.

3. Now you will have to start telling us about your adventures playing. And perhaps you can even get some decent video footage of yourself since you are a photographer. Would be fun to see.

1. It is, and i saw or felt it from the first time i use it, i know it will be in my hand for long time.

2. Not necessary, when i played those top rated or higher level players from last tournament i managed to block or return some of their spins with a not good racket, was hardly but i managed somehow, but with this racket i have now it will not be that big problem, the opponent i played against today and enjoyed did serve in many ways, fast, spinny, loopy, and i managed to return almost most of his serves even spinnier, so it is just a matter of time until i know how to return spin serves, and it is not necessary i have to return their all spin serve 100%, even themselves do mistakes in returning.

3. I am looking for that, but this will open another discussion about thousands of advises/suggestions watching me playing, i play in fun way so my technique is no way of high level so then i know what many will tell me to do, but if you want only to watch how i do with the racket or play without directing me to the coaching necessity then i can do that.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
No need for online coaching in my opinion. Use your friend at the university for that in person if you want. Just like NextLevel and Der_Echte posted videos for fun and for watching. Seeing someone having fun playing table tennis is always enjoyable to me.

This user has no status.
No need for online coaching in my opinion. Use your friend at the university for that in person if you want. Just like NextLevel and Der_Echte posted videos for fun and for watching. Seeing someone having fun playing table tennis is always enjoyable to me.

Oh i forgot about the university coach, sure he will be a big help if i asked him to play against me, he may not teach me as he may get busy or not interested in to give long or extensive lessons, but sure if i play with him i will ask him how to do this and that, and he will never mind to teach or guide, also the students are almost back to study so i will have more chance to play more there if i go.

Meanwhile, i will just go and play in the club as long i paid for membership, i had one friend already and i enjoyed playing with him, so maybe next time i play with him or may have another friend, just no rush, the more i enjoy it, the more i can play relaxed or without tensions, thus, i can do things better even not great correct tekniqs.

Now, i am starting to look at another accessories, i almost chose the case, double rackets one as i am going to have another Chinese racket coming soon by post, also i want to know what cleaner i should use to keep my rubber clean or more durable if possible.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Water on a sponge is what I find is best. Only a very small amount of water and a very simple sponge so the sponge is damp but not very wet. The chemicals in a lot of the cleaners are not really so good for the rubber.

A racket case that holds two rackets is nice.

This user has no status.
Water on a sponge is what I find is best. Only a very small amount of water and a very simple sponge so the sponge is damp but not very wet. The chemicals in a lot of the cleaners are not really so good for the rubber.

A racket case that holds two rackets is nice.

Oh really?!!! I thought water is like the last option there, and thought those chemical cleaners or sprays have better way to clean, but i am also thinking about that touch on the new rubber, something like sticky or wax or whatever you call it, if i wash by water will this layer be removed? and how can return or apply that sticky or whatever material to the rubber after a while to give it the look as it is new?

Sure i will go with that double rackets case as it will be waste if i buy 2 for single racket each, and Joola has something very nice that can accommodate balls too, so this will be a big save or best investment in the case.

One day, when i will move to my own house and have a good job then i will buy the table too, i had 1 but it is almost damaged, one wheel is broken and the surface of the table with corrosion, i don't like it because it is not a smooth surface and green, maybe that time in the past it was like my dream table, but not anymore when i saw blue and better or smooth table surface, but i will not think about it until i move to my own house as i said.

This user has no status.
The pics of the racket both sides:

FH:
attachment.php

BH:
attachment.php

What a beauty!!! maybe i should buy more to make a gallery and use my photography skill too ;) :D

Attachments

• BTY-JM_FH.jpg
    BTY-JM_FH.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 184
  • BTY-JM_BH.jpg
    BTY-JM_BH.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 181
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
The pics of the racket both sides:

FH:
attachment.php

BH:
attachment.php

What a beauty!!! maybe i should buy more to make a gallery and use my photography skill too ;) :D

Looks good.

You can clean how you want. I have found that simple method I mentioned is the best one. I know people who just wipe the rubber on the sweat on their shirt. I know others who put water on their hand and wipe the rubber. You can see the pros steam the rubber with their breath and then wipe it with their hand. I do that during a match and it is good enough. But I don't really know anybody who knows what they are doing who uses cleaners from the table tennis companies.

This user has no status.
Looks good.

You can clean how you want. I have found that simple method I mentioned is the best one. I know people who just wipe the rubber on the sweat on their shirt. I know others who put water on their hand and wipe the rubber. You can see the pros steam the rubber with their breath and then wipe it with their hand. I do that during a match and it is good enough. But I don't really know anybody who knows what they are doing who uses cleaners from the table tennis companies.

I do use my hand for sure, but i would like to clean it better way, i will buy a soft sponge or use any brush i have for my photography gear that is made of good material or even a micro-fiber cloth to wipe on optics, in all cases i have to be careful how i wash or clean my rubbers without much damage or effect to the rubbers or the glue or the blade itself.

That's a fine racket. I wouldn't let water touch that thing unless I was using distilled water. :p

Yes it is, happy with it, i didn't expect it, i thought it will be very fast and heavy, but to my surprise it wasn't, and you were warning me to go with fast top name blade as starter.

If i can find or get a distilled water then i will use it for my film photography processing, unfortunately i couldn't find easily, if so it will be pricey and i don't think i will keep paying for jut Dist. water for clean/wash.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I do use my hand for sure, but i would like to clean it better way, i will buy a soft sponge or use any brush i have for my photography gear that is made of good material or even a micro-fiber cloth to wipe on optics, in all cases i have to be careful how i wash or clean my rubbers without much damage or effect to the rubbers or the glue or the blade itself.

Yes it is, happy with it, i didn't expect it, i thought it will be very fast and heavy, but to my surprise it wasn't, and you were warning me to go with fast top name blade as starter.

If i can find or get a distilled water then i will use it for my film photography processing, unfortunately i couldn't find easily, if so it will be pricey and i don't think i will keep paying for jut Dist. water for clean/wash.

At this point, will warning you make any difference? It's time to just enjoy the blade and play. The game is fun no matter what you use to play it.

However, playing to win against better players, if one ever aspires to it, requires a different level of focus and meticulousness from playing for fun. Right now you are clearly playing for fun. So you can use whatever you want. When and if you decide you want to get better, maybe some of what has been written will make more sense to you.

This user has no status.
At this point, will warning you make any difference? It's time to just enjoy the blade and play. The game is fun no matter what you use to play it.

However, playing to win against better players, if one ever aspires to it, requires a different level of focus and meticulousness from playing for fun. Right now you are clearly playing for fun. So you can use whatever you want. When and if you decide you want to get better, maybe some of what has been written will make more sense to you.

Indeed, once i think seriously to get better and play top players or play in tournaments or championships or whatever then i have to change my thinking, but i don't think i really want to yet, and i do understand your points about getting better and having coaching or use a blade for consistency, it is still early to think about it for rankings and competitions.

I went to the club today and played against 2 players separately, but i got so tired and exhausted so i lost to the second player a lot, i won 3-1 first and 3-2 second then i didn't win any of best of 3 rather than best of 5, i was dead, but i enjoyed a lot and slightly some of my old skill came back to me.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
That's a fine racket. I wouldn't let water touch that thing unless I was using distilled water. :p

Let's hope OP dude isn't like me and sweats like crazy. My bats... even 2 layers of grip tape doesn't stop the blade from getting wet with my sweat.

In Korea, coach HATED giving me lessons, because on shots that required a big swing and max effort, my sweat would fly from 6 ft behind the table to all the way across the table and some would land on her arms and face. She would have to duck under the table to avoid the collateral damage.

If OP sweats even a fraction like I do, there is nothing that will stop it from getting contaminated except to keep it in the bat case an admire it before playing and use something else.

Reactions: BeGo
This user has no status.
Thank God i can handle sweating unless i am in high or very hot temp, my opponents got sweat before and faster than me and i don't swat like crazy at all unless in very very high humid temperature.

No problem for cleaning, even the coach told me to use water few drops and it will be fine, so i shouldn't think too much about it, and as long i will change the rubber after a while later then i shouldn't worry too much how clean the rubbers are if they will be wear out sooner or later depending on how often i will play.