Help choosing a custom racket

This user has no status.
my advice-dont buy fake.its not worth it.the quality is poor.

The question is: How would i know it is fake until i buy it? and even if i buy it i can't tell if it is fake until i have the original one too, but if i will buy the original then no need to buy the very cheap fake one if it is fake.

Then it is like i have no choice but to buy the original one from authorized/trustworthy sites.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
Dont be in a hurry.. you will be overwhelm with diffrent blades of bty, you may visit some topics regarding blade compositions in our forum.. that would give you more info as to what blade might fit your need and then ask again on this thread, we have Tony Carl William and others that would help enlighten you with wood layers and comparissons etc.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
The is one problem, from another site, someone gave me a link to an online store that sell a lot of items including TT equipment, but to my surprise, they sell those rackets either custom or ready assembled at very very low prices even for those big brands or high quality and expensive ones, so is that mean they are all fake? some sellers stated they are not genuine, but others didn't mention that, so should i go with that or maybe the quality of those rackets/blades/rubbers are not any match/close to the original ones?

Really, the prices i've seen can allow me to buy 3-4 Butterfly rackets even i am not sure about the quality, some customers compared to the originals and they said it is either slower than original or worse quality or not much different than the original, so i can't decide yet, i can risk and buy 1 or 2 as long they already at very low prices nearly prices of those Chinese rackets of cheaper ones.

Here is my understanding. I have a friend who used to have a TT Club. He refused to sell Butterfly because his profit after selling a very expensive racket was small. If he ordered wholesale from them as a distributor, and sold at the retail price, he would not be making that much money, as far as he was concerned. Where, with other brands, he could give discounts and still make more than with Butterfly.

So if you see Butterfly Equipment for more than say, 40% off (he never specified numbers and I never asked but I am making a guess), it is almost definitely a fake or the seller is losing money or stole the products.

Why don't you post the link here and some people will know if it is fake or not.

But if you were going to buy fake Butterfly at a discount you are better off buy real equipment from any other manufacturer.

And because Butterfly has the most expensive prices and the lowest markdown for sellers, there is more counterfeit Butterfly equipment out there than most of the other companies.

Buying counterfeit Butterfly equipment would be worse than buying inexpensive equipment from a legit Chinese company.

Reactions: Der_Echte and BeGo
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Ok, here is the site i am referring to:

http://www.aliexpress.com/

$5.00 Tenergy. Hahaha. Of course it is fake.

$49.00 Zhang Jike ZLC Super Carbon with Tenergy. First off there is no such thing as that racket even though it is obviously a fake Super ZLC but they can't even get the name right.

But even if you look at the racket cases, I can tell they are fake.

Good luck if you buy from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
$5.00 Tenergy. Hahaha. Of course it is fake.

$49.00 Zhang Jike ZLC Super Carbon with Tenergy. First off there is no such thing as that racket even though it is obviously a fake Super ZLC but they can't even get the name right.

But even if you look at the racket cases, I can tell they are fake.

Good luck if you buy from there.

Yes i know, so they are fake just because of the prices?

Anyway, i also very precaution about from where to buy, it is really very unbelievable o be true with those prices for big names or high quality.

So, i have left with the authorised or trusty sites.

Ok, what about the Chinese blades from this site, are they fake too even they are cheap with original? Now can we say that everything there is fake or there many many fake items and there are some genuine and already cheap everywhere? Yin He for example

This user has no status.
Also, there are many sellers, are they all having fake items? few stated that they sell not genuine ones, good from them, but others don't and still have that cheap prices, and there are few have little expensive around $100-200, so are those fake too with higher prices?

The problem is, when you feel or think that this site or the items are fake then you can't trust other items at higher prices either, so it is better to avoid it at all.

Thanks!

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Okay, did you understand what I said in the post where I told about my friend who sold TT equipment and would not sell Butterfly because his profit margin was too small. That on a $100.00 racket if he gave a 20% discount he made very little.

If you see a new Butterfly product being sold a 40% discount or more on line, it is likely to be fake. But that place doesn't even know the actual name of the product.

There is no such thing as a Zhang Jike ZLC Super Carbon. They got the name wrong!!!!!

If you want a trusted brand like Butterfly you should buy from a known, legit distributor and you will not really get a discount.

This user has no status.
Okay, did you understand what I said in the post where I told about my friend who sold TT equipment and would not sell Butterfly because his profit margin was too small. That on a $100.00 racket if he gave a 20% discount he made very little.

If you see a new Butterfly product being sold a 40% discount or more on line, it is likely to be fake. But that place doesn't even know the actual name of the product.

There is no such thing as a Zhang Jike ZLC Super Carbon. They got the name wrong!!!!!

If you want a trusted brand like Butterfly you should buy from a known, legit distributor and you will not really get a discount.

Yes, i understand that, and the person who gave me that link told me that this site is almost like eBay, lots and lots of sellers. Some reputable, some not, as he said, and this is the continuation of what he said also: "Eacheng is great, there are others who are less so. By the way, the fake Korbel is an OK blade, though probably not like the real item. If you want one, do a search to find the best price - I got mine for $7 IIRC including shipping. The fake Primorac is too heavy for me but is otherwise OK, I paid $9 for mine."

There is a difference between it is not as original but it is ok or not bad, or it is poor and not good at all, so i am no sure if i may get a good or bad one if i chose one of those fake, and according to his point, it is like he didn't lose much buying a fake and it wasn't as perfect as he look for, will you pay say $10-20 for fake or you save and buy let's say $150 original one?

I went to one nearby store that sell sports items, and they have all cheap low quality rackets no custom at all, what i saw they have are: Stiga one model and Donic 1 model but in 3 levels, the lowest level [on the backside cover they have some kind of numbers range, the bottom was 100-300, and in the front of those blades it was only 150, 200 and 300 available, so the lowest ones], i checked the handle and they are all wooden, no carbon or other materials, and also the all have very thin sponge almost one is like without sponge, so i think those are nothing better than any Chinese custom then.

This user has no status.
At the end, i really waiting a budget to buy something from legit seller or dealer, sure i will not risk that site even for $5, so i better go with original one even it will cost more, and to be honest, you may laugh at me, i see $300 as cheap, i know it is too much for a racket or a blade, but my cheapest lens i use are nearly $200-300, and my most expensive is nearly $5000, and i have plenty of expensive photography gear, so to me to buy a $200-500 racket is not a big deal once i have the budget, and sure i will not buy the most expensive and not the cheapest too, anything in $100-200 is so reasonable for me anyway.

Now you talked about the blades are fake under those prices, what about rubbers? check this Tenergy rubber:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free...-T05-T05-table-tennis-rubber/32269647419.html

They sell at almost same price of other known, legit distributor as well, so, is this one also fake even at the price of original one?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
That is a normal price but because they sell things that are fake I would not buy from them. That is what I would do.

I also am not worried about prices. If a racket (blade and rubbers included) costs $100.00, $150.00, $200.00, $300.00. It is okay. Anything much more than that is not usually noticeably better than rackets in the $200.00-$300.00 price range though. And there are a few setups that are between $30.00-$70.00 that are as good as most that around $150.00.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
I have 2 real ZJK SZLC but sold one away recently. I had the chance to play with a fake ZJK SZLC, it was really 2 different blade. Maybe, it was a lousy fake!
The main issue is that you do not mind using a fake blade, the point in discussing which blade to use becomes irrelevant. There is no bench mark.

This user has no status.
That is a normal price but because they sell things that are fake I would not buy from them. That is what I would do.

I also am not worried about prices. If a racket (blade and rubbers included) costs $100.00, $150.00, $200.00, $300.00. It is okay. Anything much more than that is not usually noticeably better than rackets in the $200.00-$300.00 price range though. And there are a few setups that are between $30.00-$70.00 that are as good as most that around $150.00.

Very true, even that normal price didn't convince me to buy it when other stuff are very low and fake, who knows if that normal price item is also fake regardless of the price, so you just gave me a big warning to go away at all, thanks!

This user has no status.
I have 2 real ZJK SZLC but sold one away recently. I had the chance to play with a fake ZJK SZLC, it was really 2 different blade. Maybe, it was a lousy fake!
The main issue is that you do not mind using a fake blade, the point in discussing which blade to use becomes irrelevant. There is no bench mark.

Sorry, i do mind using a fake blade, but i am not in a situation to tell the fake from original unless i saw and tested the originals one, so if i never test any of those fake or genuine original then to me it will be like i believe the fake is real one, until i buy the real one then i will see that i made a mistake.

I discussed about this store or link so i can have more cautions or knowledge about it, i didn't buy from it yet and sounds i won't at all, but i just wanted to be corrected with prices as well, why someone gave me this link if he knows that it sells fake and i am not looking for fake?

And i am happy to know about that link so then i will know when i buy something how to see the prices and feedback and the sellers ratings or the site overall ratings too, i was having very very negative thinking about ebay in the past, once i bought 1 or 2 items from them i never stopped to buy hundreds since then.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
I am not saying the fake blade is not playable. Some are pretty good by it own. For most fake blade, it does not have the same characteristic as the original. As such, it is not possible to recommend the brand/model of blade to use since you do not mind using fake blade.

For me, there is no good or bad blade unless the blade does not behave consistently.

This user has no status.
True, fake blades may not be very bad, but it will not serve or do the job consistently as you said, then i may not getting better or even play good or have good points even against beginners, so thanks, i just won't buy from this link and let's not talk much about fake anymore.

At the end, there is 2 things i am very sure about i want to do or to go with, getting a Butterfly blade, and using Tenergy 05 for BH [red one], anything else is just bonus or not a big deal for me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I came into this thread 3 times so far, got tons of notifications mails because I commented very early on. Did read some of the emails
Surprised that this thread is now 57 replies long.

I noticed 2 things

1) Mostly recommend wood/controlable equipment, but then OP wants ALC (super expensive Butterfly blades - designed for high skilled players)
2) Aliexpress and OP is willing to try out fake blades.

I hope OP isn't a troll....there is just so much things wrong with this thread and so many forum members that is wanting to assist, but seems like are begging OP not to make the same mistake by many ignorant members in the past.

My advice - more then enough is said already, let OP decide, and he if wants to go and buy for aliexpress or ebay or what ever other 3rd party sellers.
Even go for Super ZLC blades with top of the ranking rubbers.
He will know if it was a good choice - after he tested it.
The best way to learn is to walk the path (thrown in the deep end they say)

My 2nd advice, there are few word class reputable resellers - go find 5 and compare pricing.
TT is not a ripoff business from the shops (but rather from brands like Butterfly)
If any pricing is too good to be true, then avoid it. Ie QC failed equipment put into assembled bats at reduced price

Last edited: