btfy alc: limba or koto?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Is that so ?
Zjk blue dragon has a soft - medium feel how is it MUCH harder than Viscaria which has the same composition ?

I have tried innerforce alc ,similar to bo 2 I guess and I agree it has a softer feeling but it's worse in blocks than zjk and a little slower also
Zjk have a much harder feeling in comparison to Bo 2, but it's just a little bit harder than viscaria. Maybe the rubber influenced that too because zjk was paired with t05 and viscaria was with mx-p.

I agree that alc koto is faster.

I loved viscaria since the first day I tested, but yesterday it was weird because Bo 2 was better. And definitely mine limba allwood 5 or 7 plys wasn't that good.

Sent from my 2014819 using Tapatalk

ZFT

This user has no status.

ZFT

This user has no status.
Dec 2021
Sorry for re-waking this old post, though I think it is a relevant topic in light of the current trend of players migrating to limba, who were known long time uses of koto: LJK (Vis > W968), WCQ (Vis > W968), Jorgic (TB ALC > DJC), Pitchford (Vis > Victas Pitchford) and I guess Dima as well from his disguised Vis to his current Dima ALC.

The only one I know of who went limba to koto during this same time period is Truls - if I’m not mistaken Carbonado 290 > Cybershape.

I continue to be team koto as it suits my game better, though has anyone switched koto > limba or vice versa and what were your reasons/outcome?

Reactions: ShakeHold PenHand
This user has no status.
I don't know, i first started with YinHe N11, then Jun Mizutani standard ALC, then ZJK blue dragon then Carbonado 190, after that i went with different blades such as BTY Defence III and BTY Primorac EX and DHS Hao III and Yasaka Extra normal, out of all these DHS Hao III by far was my best then followed by Primorac EX and then Yasaka EX, i didn't give that JM much of use as i bought many blades after it and others liked it, but then in 2020 i bought DHS Long 5X and that outperforms all blades i used before, and last year with beginning of this year i tested Yasaka Max Wood for defense and it was a great weapon.

For now my Long 5X is still remaining the winner for me, i had one friend i keep training with him in the past who has Viscaria and he wanted to sell it, and he always telling me that my Hao III blade is better, but many are using or dreaming about Viscaria until today, i never tried it really to judge, now i bought more blades for offensive and defensive to test, i want to have back blades for training and play next to my Long 5X or a main blade for defensive, the Max Wood i bought and tried didn't meet my expectations, so i don't know what is the type of wood has to do for me.

• Wow
Reactions: lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Read 1 reviews
Looking through my blade collection, it seems that I have more limba outer blades compared to koto outer blades. So I guess I prefer limba.

I am an allwood guy, but somehow when trying composite blades, I usually like limba more than koto. For example, when I owned TB Spirit and M Maze, I prefer M Maze.