Giant Dragon TopEnergy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
News is that I got already this rubber on my paddle, but I still dont have it in my hands..
Now I have pingpong break, I will try it on my vacation with my GF, we go to a hotel where table tennis table is, so I will try it there a bit :)
I hope it will be good improvement for my forehand..
Unfortunately I will not be able to compare it to Tenergy, because I never played with them..

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I just figured I would throw this out there. This is a quote from a description of the rubber:

"Our notes: This is a very tacky, chinese style rubber meant for powerful loop/attack."

That came from here: http://ztabletennis.com/zshop/rubber-giant-dragon-topenergy-soft

This is Tacky Chinese rubber. It will not feel anything like Tenergy. It might be good. It might be great. But, from the description of the rubber and the instructions, it looks it is a Chinese rubber with a speed glue effect.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Sooo, mine is black giant dragon TopEnergy hard version .. At least I hope so.. it is V1 on it.. and it is 2.2 mm .. which is bad surprise for me as I wanted 2.0 ..
Anyways, I didnt play it yet, but comparing with Andro Hexer + on the other side of the paddle,.. When I leave the ball to fall on the rubber, on Andro Hexer + it keeps jumping..
But on GD TE it jumps few times and then stays on it..

hmm..
Also when I throw the ball on it with an angle to get the spin.. and then leaving the ball to fall with an angle, expecting it to go directly up, it goes not..
But when I do the same with Andro Hexer + , the ball goes directly up..
So with this it seems it will not be that good..
I will find out more later, when I try to play with it..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Well, oki, I tryed to play it, but I must say that I only tryed..
I dont know why, but.. I couldnt just get used to it..
When I played a shot, no spin or topspin, all the time I had to aim high over the net to get the ball low over the net..
I had to generate big big power to get real good topspin shot, so I guess it is good just for chinese players who use full arm movement..
So for my style it was too slow and the jump from the bat was really low..
Only good thing where I find it ok was - when I was trying to play backhand topspin into short undercut serve.
There my backhand topspin worked really good, nearly perfect :) Even very short and low over the net backspin serve couldnt stop my backhand topspin over the table.
So I have no good feelings from this, I will try it a bit more, but if this continues, I will put on back my andro hexer powersponge and I will look for andro hexer + to play that rubber on both sides.
That is all I can say about it now ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
I think Tenergy Is great I don't think any rubber could top it.

Yeah, thats your opinion but for many there are better rubbers.
I used to play with tenergys when I didn't have own bat and I had to borrow one from a friend, but I just don't get what is so great about them.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yeah, thats your opinion but for many there are better rubbers.
I used to play with tenergys when I didn't have own bat and I had to borrow one from a friend, but I just don't get what is so great about them.

I think everyone plays so differently. Different rubbers work well for different people. Tenergy does something very well but it is not right for everybody. It is better for looping than for smashing. It is very good at grabbing the ball for looping underspin. But other rubbers might work better for some people for looping.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
I think everyone plays so differently. Different rubbers work well for different people. Tenergy does something very well but it is not right for everybody. It is better for looping than for smashing. It is very good at grabbing the ball for looping underspin. But other rubbers might work better for some people for looping.

Thats true, everyone should take a note to that..

And usually advanced begineers to intermediate players with unpolished basic technique could judge rubbers but the actual problem is their technique :D
Once the basic is acquired then everyone could develop their natural technique. Now that's the time to see whether one rubber could suit their style or not :)

DFC

This user has no status.
I play with Topenergy Soft & find it a great rubber. Its more of medium sponged, tacky, factory tuned rubber which produces great spins and speed. Unlike most tacky Chinese rubbers this one allows you to really attack the ball with fast powerful drives with incorporated spin. Its also very good for blocking, not usual for tacky rubbers, and great on touch play. Being tacky it also produces heavy spin serves. Its not Tenergy, but then its not £64.99 either, and being a tacky rubber fan I would rather play with this.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
Play Topenergy Soft (TE) over 10 years now. But not continuous during match seasons. I prefer OFF spinplay with FH and BH. Tested a lot of different rubbers (chinese, japanese, ESN). After changing to plastic ball I use TE as main rubber on backhand cause of my age I'm too slow now in mid distance and with TE I can create more spin and beeing more controllable comparable to ESN rubbers . So I stay now more close to the table using mainly BH for an aggressive 1st Topspin or punching spinshots when ball comes back. TE needs a very speedy arm and wrist move. Do that and you are able too surprise a lot of better ranked players. For lower or beginning mid class league TE works very well on BH.

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
IMG_20240108_104150.jpg

Giant Dragon corporation resident of China is well famous for manufacturing rubber products a lot. Yes, they developed advanced formulas both for tensor sponge and topsheet. Not approved for China domestic market, for some bureaucratic reason 🤔🤔🤔