Help

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Hello everybody!

I played with Butterfly rubbers for a very long time and I always wanted to play with chinese rubbers for several reasons.

Unfortunately, I couldn't adapt very well. The rubbers are way harder and I fell strange when I loop. Sometimes the ball goes down to the net, sometimes the ball spins like hell and sometimes the ball get no spin at all! :confused:

Does anyone here passed through those same difficulties?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
If the setup in ur signature is correct:
I think Xiom isn't Chinese but Korean, doesn;t really matter though haha. I never heard of the Omega IV Pro, I use Xiom Vega Pro. Im quite content about it. I think it is comparable to a Tenergy 05.
About TPS idk. If u don't like the Xiom u could maybe try Haifu Shark or Haifu Whale, Shark being the softer version of the two. I use the Shark and have heard quite positive things about Whale as well from clubmates.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I think Xiom isn't Chinese but Korean, doesn;t really matter though haha. I never heard of the Omega IV Pro, I use Xiom Vega Pro. Im quite content about it. I think it is comparable to a Tenergy 05.
About TPS idk. If u don't like the Xiom u could maybe try Haifu Shark or Haifu Whale, Shark being the softer version of the two. I use the Shark and have heard quite positive things about Whale as well from clubmates.

I used tenergy 05 for a long time. I'm just trying XIOM Omega IV Pro now.

You are right. That rubber is similar to Tenergy 05.

But I wish I could get some help with the techniques used with the chinese rubbers.
I bought an Hurricane 3 NEO. It's very different. I didn't understand how to loop with that rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
I bought an Hurricane 3 NEO. It's very different. I didn't understand how to loop with that rubber

To me, H3 Neo has a high throw angle (compare to skyline 3 neo). So, if you find that the ball keep goes out of the table when you are looping, try to change your paddle's angle, especially the after movement of your arm after you hit the ball.

And you may want to try to scratch the ball instead of hit the ball for looping. Since this rubber maybe alittle harder than other european rubber.

If you still find some difficulties, you can also post up the video, I think this may be more easier for us to tell how to change the way of hitting the ball.

says Begonnen bij TTC Damme, vorig jaar bij TTC Pipolic en nu...
says Begonnen bij TTC Damme, vorig jaar bij TTC Pipolic en nu...
May 2011
I tried the H3 neo and I just can't play with it, it's just soo totally different from European rubbers.
The most disappointing rubber I've ever bought as I expected a whole lot of it.

I guess it indeed demands a whole different style of stroking the ball, and I wasn't willing to change my game that much, so I put it on my "play with people who call the sport ping-pong-" blade.

grtz

I think Xiom is made in Japan :)

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
Hi Kimo,do what I usually do. When in doubt, hit hard. Try brushing the ball hard (with the racket should finish forward or towards your opponents direction NOT upwards). Fast racket speed is the key. Take the ball early, and in no time, you'll get the feel and looping will be peanuts.

It always work for me, and I was able to adapt to various rubbers this way, hard or soft rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
I got a few players in my club playing with chinese rubbers like hurricane and stuff. I tried to play with a Palio rubber or something, dont know if its chinese but its so hard and tacky that I couldnt really get used to it but I only played with it for 1 hour. I asked the players for some tips and this is what they say.

1.It all depends what blade you are using. You gotta have a fast blade, like carbon blade because the rubber itself is slow. If you play with it on a slow blade you will have to put so much effort in it, dont get me wrong it can work on slow blades but you will need to use much more power.

2.If you play a typical european style like the "chicken wing" loop, then on backspin balls you will really need to lift it or it will go down in the net.
On normal balls like a block or counter attack, you will need to use your arm and body and you dont have to lift it but you have to hit "through" the ball, which gives you much more power.

3.The ?curve? of your arm should be different aswell. Your arm should make an inward movement if you know what I mean. I cant really explain this, if I know how I can upload a picture to this forum I can show you.
4. Dont use your lower arm alone. When you loop with a chinese rubber your upper arm should end up way higher in the air than with a european rubber.

What they also said is, practice practice practice. It feels slow and weird the first few weeks, but you will get used to it. And you get lots of advantages of chinese rubbers, like more spin, more power, not so pricey,etc.

Can I ask why you want to change to a chinese rubber? You dont like the xiom rubber? I play with xiom aswell and I like it alot.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
Also dont forget that the chinese players are boosting their rubbers alot which makes them so much softer and easier to loop with.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
It has nothing about boosting the rubber, it is all about the stroke of your arm while looping, and also how fast you can adapt it.

Yesterday, we have one 70~80 years old player who didn't bring his paddle. So, the other guy (who also close to 70) borrow on of his blade with H3 Neo setup. The old man adapt the rubber in no time. But he definitely has quite good fundamental skill, since he has trained to play for Wisconsin during school age, and also played with a national team's player before.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Now..
What is the difference between Euro and Chinese rubber ? Ive played both and they just feel almost the same. The Chinese being slightly harder and tackier, so I just need to close my bat a bit..

I guess both European and Chinese rubber have their own variety in harder/softer/faster/slower and so on. The main brand in Europe is/was Butterfly, which is not European. I think it doesn't really matter. Just make it one big bunch and pick ur favourite xD

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Can I ask why you want to change to a chinese rubber? You dont like the xiom rubber? I play with xiom aswell and I like it alot.

First of all they are less expensive than the other rubbers. In my fews attempts using those rubbers I could put much more spin than usual.

And I always feel weird when I compare the top chinese players looping against european players. I followed all last zhang jike's WTTC matches and I couldn't understand why his forehand loops were un-returnable...

I couldn't come up with any solution at all:(

Last edited: