Sealing with Polyurethane sealent?

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I ruined a blade with polyurethane. Be very very very careful. It penetrates deep and is very hard when it cures.

says Table Tennis - the sport for life.
says Table Tennis - the sport for life.
Jan 2013
I use it regularly, but only a very thin coats as others have already suggested. Unlike the TT sealers that are sold, the polyurethane is waterproof, although such a thin layer will only offer some protection against water.

I'm not sure if a spray can will help. Perhaps spray on a little then spread it out with a cloth, because you really don't want a full layer on top of the wood, as it will no doubt harden the feel of the blade.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
That is exactly the one I use, it comes in a real tiny can, like 1/4 pint or 1/2 pint, forget, but it doesn't take much at all and it dries fast enough. I also use it for other wood projects, I just replaced the shelf under my well water storage tank using 3/4" wood that I did 3 coats of the Miniwax and that sucker is gunna last for years now.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
What you want is something like "MinWax Wipe on Poly". It is very thin and you wipe on a very thin layer with a cloth.

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk

Ive searched the local 'walmart' for that specific name.unfortunately,they dont have it,so i had to buy another locally made one(the 1 in the spray can).

Also,the drying time is 6 hours,so maybe it is too strong?

The next option i got is to spray some onto a cloth,then spread it.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
It seems Minwax is not commonly available everywhere, as I've not seen it in Australia. Still there are plenty of other good ones.

Oh well. I thought they could ship it anywhere but I guess the real idea is to find a polyurethane sealant that is made to be thin because it has more solvent in it and is made to be applied with a cloth rather than with a brush. Those two things, that it is super thin and liquidy and is meant to be applied with a cloth make it so you can get a very thin coat. And that is all you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: