Who has the world's best backhand?

says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
Aug 2013
Read 3 reviews
He's a very hands-based player so he doesn't do much footwork, focuses a lot on close table countering or fixed position further back from the table. Also he does a lot of creative serve receive practice. I probably won't see him for a little while, I was training with his team in Ostrava at the time but now I'm back in the USA.

Thanks Matt, appreciate your quick response. He is a real treat to watch. Personally, I admire him for his control and wide pallette of shot selection. I have been following him like crazy and I noticed that top players avoided putting ball to his backhand. That speaks volumes about his talent.
I also saw one of his interviews while doing a YouTube search and he mentioned in that interview that he is lazy and he knows that he should be practicing more. I also remembered that the interviewer called him as "the best hands in Europe in table tennis". He is one of the very few players who can hit a backhand topspin while playing against choppers. So there you have it. I really wish that I get to meet him sometime and just tell him that how much his playing style has an influence on my learning process.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
If I am not wrong, I guess he is using a Stiga Carbonado 145 ST handle with Tenergy on both sides. But this is my best educated guess after watching him closely. Matt can correct me if I am wrong.

Cheers,
KM1976

He likes messing with equipment. He used Killerspin Diamond, custom blades, some allwood blade, now Carbonado... This story takes place around the time the first plastic balls appeared.

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Thats what I heard too Matt .. .great scoop as always ! Any scoops on Korbel , Matt ?

What do you want to know? haha he's a really awesome dude. I cancelled my flight from Prague to Dusseldorf before World Champs and went with him by car instead. There was a lot of loud music and fast speed once we got into Germany haha

Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Nice .. great guy ... wears his heart on his sleeve !
What do you want to know? haha he's a really awesome dude. I cancelled my flight from Prague to Dusseldorf before World Champs and went with him by car instead. There was a lot of loud music and fast speed once we got into Germany haha