Who do you think will win the Kuwait Open 2015 - ITTF World Tour?

• Xu Xin

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • Ma Long

Votes: 31 45.6%
  • Fan Zhendong

Votes: 17 25.0%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • Chuang Chih Yuan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Marcos Freitas

• Vladimir Samsonov

• Tang Peng

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Gao Ning

• Other (Post Below)

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
I wonder what troubles Xu Xin has with his backhand rubber. He was looking at it like 20 times through the whole match.

Looks like XX has changed his RPB rubber back to Tenergy because the sponge is red while ML has changed his BH rubber to some custom H3 with yellow sponge. ML's BH is greatly improved but XX is not. XX has his scary moment and nearly got knock off in the first round. In the Men's Double Final ZJK was injured but XX also play poorly and missed many easy shots. First I thought he was trying to preserve his energy for the Men's Single and gave the less important Double up but no he was really in deep trouble and kept doubting his rubber. Hope this tournament is served as a test bed for players trying out new style and equipment and everyone will be back to their best form in the coming WTTC and give us a good show.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Yes, it was a boring match, i thought there will be longer time fighting between the two, i wished if it goes up to 4-3 or even 4-2, but it didn't, Xu Xin sounds he was already exhausted for semi finals and finals in singles and doubles already.

I dont care for 4:3 or 4:0.. I only want to see an exciting match with some rallies.. but this was.. serve and bang.. serve and error.. thats it..

This user has no status.
I dont care for 4:3 or 4:0.. I only want to see an exciting match with some rallies.. but this was.. serve and bang.. serve and error.. thats it..

Well, mostly if it reached 4-3 means both are fighting, it happens one set can end quick like 11-1 or 11-3, but if one player is out of mood or not in his day then you will see it will end up as 4-0 and barely 4-1 and quick because that player is making mistakes or errors in not his day.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
Read 2 reviews
An interesting stuff. After the final, Ma Long said in an interview :

“I was in a very good condition today. I know that Xu Xin just changed his glue [sic]. So today, his performance did not have the best condition.”

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
Unfortunately, players don't care what you want to see, they playing for result, not for show.
BTW, I'm playing exactly the same way: serve and bang, or, serve and error :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
An interesting stuff. After the final, Ma Long said in an interview :

“I was in a very good condition today. I know that Xu Xin just changed his glue [sic]. So today, his performance did not have the best condition.”

What I read (in Chinese) is that XX changed his sponge, not glue. ;)

M51

says Poly balls still suck.

M51

says Poly balls still suck.
Sep 2012
serve and bang.. serve and error.. thats it..
Strange that a Xu VS Ma match would go that way, considering that XX has the most attractive playing style in all of CNT. Completely opposite from, say, FZD whose game consists mainly of powerful banana flicks and devastating forehand killshots. Not much character in that, methinks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
Read 2 reviews
What I read (in Chinese) is that XX changed his sponge, not glue. ;)
Ok thanks ! I can't read chinese. That's why I put the [sic], it sounded strange but now I understand.
So, he returned to Tenergy on BH ?

Strange that a Xu VS Ma match would go that way, considering that XX has the most attractive playing style in all of CNT. Completely opposite from, say, FZD whose game consists mainly of powerful banana flicks and devastating forehand killshots. Not much character in that, methinks.
His new coach (Wu Jingping) always says that Xu Xin needs to improve the lethality of his FH attack and he wants a killer FH for XX. So that's why he now plays this way I guess.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
# Full Match|Short Form [HD 1080p]

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
# Full Match|Short Form [HD 1080p]

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011