Vega pro Blade

This user has no status.
5 out of 5 rating for Vega pro Blade

The holy grail ! :)

This blade is fast and powerful! but I keep maximum control.
The outter ply made of limba makes the short game so easy, and helps me to generate lot of spin.
I feel like I am able to play the ball where I want... every shot is accurate.
It's quite stiff, so block is very easy. But it is flexible enough to play slow and spinny topspins.
The dwell-time is very long for a composite blade.
Evrything is under control.
Actually, I'm not able to find any fault in this blade.

Mine is 82g but it doesn't lack any power.

This blade made me forget my Viscaria.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews

This is one of my two main composite blades, and is the debatably faster one with better feeling for power loops and heavy pushes. I use the blade with Xiom Omega V Asia on both sides. The blades are high quality and come with plastic topsheet coverings that are reusable for the rubber.

This blade has a limba outer ply vs. the Euro which uses Koto. This difference dictates most/all of the differences between the Pro and Euro. I am a limba lover, so I like the Pro a lot. That said, the Euro is the only koto blade that I have ever been able to get along with in all my years of TT so the X-Carbon + Zephyllium must be a pretty good composite all by itself.

The blade is definitely not bouncy and the power really kicks in on harder shots. I used it with T05 with the cell ball in 2014 and having switched to OVA ( Omega V Asia), I don't feel anything is lost with the plastic ball.

The blades are constructed with jointless wood per Xiom advertising to make the blades feel as close to one piece as possible with minimal disjoint. They need sanding as the handle is not smooth and will cause blisters if not sanded. That said, there is a sander that comes with the blade that is sufficient and the labor required is not a lot.

I would not feel that I was using anything inferior to a top Butterfly blade. The issue would be whether you like the handle. The ST handles were very good and felt mainstream. While I currently use the flare, I found it initially not to me suiting but later adapted after I changed my grip recently and my grip change suited the FL handle more than the ST, hence my return to this blade. But I hold the handles closer to the neck and people who like to have the handles in their palm have sometimes complained about the handle being too skinny or the base too fat. It's perfect for me, but I point this out so that you make sure you are comfortable with the handle before purchasing. Handles are a highly underestimated part of blade evaluation.

I will continue to evaluate vs. the Euro over time. Highly recommended, more so because its price point is good vs. quality for similar Butterfly blades if you buy from TT-japan. Initially, its price point was really low, but was raised over time to compete with Butterfly but it is still lower and better, IMO.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Read 3 reviews

This is my main blade atm. It is also my first more expensive blade. So far i am very happy with it!
I use this blade with a Xiom Omega Pro V 2.0mm on the forehand and a Xiom Vega Pro 1,8mm on the backhand.

Even tho the blade is fast the short game is great, even greater than with the stiga classic allround id say. I think this is because of the composition of the blade. The first layer is soft wood wich gives you longer dwelling time of the ball and more feeling, just under this layers there is a very thin layer of carbon wich gives the blade stability and power for strong hits.

This blade really has many gears, upon thin contact it gives great spin and control. If you swing a bit faster and harder it generates alot of power while still keeping the touch for lots of spin. I like counter looping with it alot and also opening up is fun.

The blade comes in a nice packaging. The guys from Xiom really do a great job in designing stuff :) There is also a little Xiom sandpaper thingy delivered with the blade so you can sand the edes, wich i reccomend you doing. I got sore hands after the first hours of playing without sanding it.

If you have any more questions let me know!

Cheers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Read 3 reviews

Great blade from Xiom! Great design, from the the word go. Nice innovative package, inside there is a sand stick. You can use it but ever so slightly on the edges and its perfect. In addition to that, you get two nice sticky foils that are better quality then usual, so you can use it later on as protection for the rubbers. All this seemingly small things adds up into overall premium feel of this product.Blade itself has slightly bigger head size 157mm x 152mm, but not to worry because balance of the blade is great . Average weight is around 85g, mine is 87g. Flared handle is perfect, smooth, and really nice fit, and after many different blades by many different brands, this one is best so far in my opinion. Outside layer is Limba wood, which is soft type of wood. Somewhere in between very of soft Hinoki wood and much harder Koto wood. Then very thin layer of Zephylium & X-Carbon.Playing characteristics are amazing. Blade has that woody feel in net play, but really gears up quickly when power is applied. This blade has many gears indeed. I would rate it pure OFF in terms of speed. Blade is stiff enough to block very effectively active or passive, but still flex enough to produce heavy spin. But the best thing about this blade is the control! Every single shot no matter how difficult it is can be executed with great precision. I've paired it with Dignics 05 on my bh, and with Evolution MXP on my fh, both in maximum thickness of the sponge. Blade has medium arc, and great synergy with harder rubbers, 45' ESN and up. I find to be poor combination with softer rubbers, and trying to combine it like that can give you wrong impression of the blade. One more thing that can be misleading is unique feel of this blade, it is very different from probably any other blade, my guess is because of unusual patented Zephylium fiber. But once you adopt to it, it becomes nothing short of amazing .Xiom put a lot of effort in this blade, from quality of materials and design features, to craftmanship.As far as I can see it, only problem with this blade is that Xiom has discontinued its production, without adequate successor. If you are creative offensive player, if you love variant rich game, then this blade is a dream come true. Hope my review helps to shine a little bit of lite on to this not so mainstream blade! Enjoy your game! :)