says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Greetings from Sweden.
Long time reader, first time poster!

Looking forward to get more info on penhold-blades and how to think about rubbers. :rolleyes:
Just switched 6 months ago to penhold and my current setup is a struggle.:(

Welcome to TTD Liten!

You will sure get a lot of great info in regards to penhold blades and rubbers. What is your current set up?

This user has no status.
Welcome to TTD Liten!

You will sure get a lot of great info in regards to penhold blades and rubbers. What is your current set up?

Hi Dan!
First off: Great site, great reviews! Keep up the good work!

I run a Stiga Hybrid Wood Nct. Heavy blade. Wonderfully forgiving if i hadnt gone with DHS Hurricane 3 neo and Skyline 2 neo. (Unboosted) Feels like im wrestling every stroke!

Hope to get tips on light FH rubbers (maby tensors?) to go with the Skyline witch i tend to favour right now on both FH and BH. :)

Have a great weekend!

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hi Dan!
First off: Great site, great reviews! Keep up the good work!

I run a Stiga Hybrid Wood Nct. Heavy blade. Wonderfully forgiving if i hadnt gone with DHS Hurricane 3 neo and Skyline 2 neo. (Unboosted) Feels like im wrestling every stroke!

Hope to get tips on light FH rubbers (maby tensors?) to go with the Skyline witch i tend to favour right now on both FH and BH. :)

Have a great weekend!

Hey Liten!

Thanks for the kind comments :)

Nice blade! @Tom in the TableTennisDaily reviews uses this blade! I use to use it when I was younger and your right it is very forgiving and has excellent control. Yeah some players find Chinese rubbers can be difficult to play with depending on technique and style of the player. There are a lot of good tensor rubbers out there, have you tried any of them such as the STIGA Airoc, andro Powergrip, Donic tensors?

See if you can borrow a tensor rubber of a friend and experiment a little. I think you will find things a bit easier with a tensor rubber.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
It will take a lot of time trying and experimenting (and imporovement in fundamentals and playing level) before one develops a good sense of what does what and how it will work for you. even then, you get suprised and that is why you take a few test hit with a mate's bat you never saw just to keep learning. it never stops, and today, it is even more so.

We can say a somewhat softish rubber for a flexy blade is great, but that isnt true 100% always. We are not you and some things you have to discover on your own. Some things you can hear from someone and save time/money.

This user has no status.
Dan: I havent tried any tensors at all. :)
Is the Airoc s a good FH-rubber you think?
Looking for a light rubber. Maby the old stiga boost-series (ts or tx) is an option?

Der_Echte:
Sound like most things in life! ;)
I get what your saying, one blade tends to work different with both rubbers and most importantly, the player.

All tips are much apreciated!