3 star 40+

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
3 out of 5 rating for 3 star 40+

A lot of people have been saying these are the best plastic balls but I heartily disagree. They are prone to break anywhere on the ball surface and don't appear to be any more durable than the better seamless balls. They also have an inconsistent bounce and are not always round. I tried these on a couple of occasions but eventually decided to stick with the seamed balls.

This user has no status.
4 out of 5 rating for 3 star 40+

The seamless ball is much more durable then the seamed ball. It's ofc slower and have less spin then the old ball but compared to other plastic balls it's the same. I played with balls from the first batch that come out of the factory that had some issues with roundness but I hear later batches is much better.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2014
Read 2 reviews

This ball is pretty much the same as other plastic balls, bad consistency in roundness but otherwise good, normal bounce and feeling. Of course less spin than the old balls but very much like other plastic balls. No big difference!

says Tabletennis player from Sweden and Italy. Swedish club...
says Tabletennis player from Sweden and Italy. Swedish club...
May 2013
Read 3 reviews

Its the best plastic ball that i have played with and it is the most comparable to the old celluloid ball. Everybody talks that the balls have a lack of durability but i have played tournaments and the balls have never broke during a match.

This user has no status.

In my opinion the 3* seamless plastic balls are not as good as any 3* plastic balls with seam.
The Xushaofa balls are in comperison to other balls pretty round and hard but with the seamless balls you are not able to play as powerfull shots as with the plastic balls with seam and it is very difficult to play with a lot of spin, what you can do with non-seamless-balls.
So all in all i prefer the plastic balls with seam ecpecially those of Nittaku.

This user has no status.

The XSF 3-star ball is, for me, the best plastic ball until now. It is faster and way more durable than the DHS 3-star 40+ ball, but sometimes XSF balls are not round. They come as a significant improvement over the DHS 40+ balls, but still are worse and more expensive than the old 40mm balls.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews

I have played with the XSF +40 for several weeks now and the ball is easy to change to from the cell ball. The quality of the balls are quite consistent, but there may be some balls that are oval. One thing I've noticed about the XSF seamless ball was that it was slower than many if the other balls. Also an edge ball from the blade can easily break the ball. It happened a couple of times for me. Overall the XSF ball is one of the best of the poly balls in terms of durability and roundness for the buck, but it's speed kills the thrill of the game.

says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
5 out of 5 rating for 3 star 40+

For now the best choice ...
In training i can not tell if this is plastic or celluloid
in club we are using Tibhar ,Jola And XuShaofa star 40+ and only this one i`m not sure if they are celluloid or plastic ... when i just do multiple ball training.

Reactions: violetstives
This user has no status.

XSF Balls are widely available and comes branded as Yinhe, Gambler, Nexy, Kingnik and so on. I have played with 2 or 3 of the variants and they all play very similar since they come from the same factory. Bounce & Speed is very comparable to the old celluloid ball, you just have to adjust your techniques and strokes to adjust to the bigger & heavier ball. Ball has only one drawback, if you miss-hit the ball with the side of your racket(bare wood) with heavy force(such as power looping). Then the ball will crack very easily, otherwise this seamless poly ball is more durable than the seamed poly balls such as the DHS 40+ and Butterfly 40+ balls. For the price, availability, playability the XSF seamless ball is the way to go.

This user has no status.
5 out of 5 rating for 3 star 40+

This is the best ball I have played with. Comparing to the Joola Plastic balls which I broke around 8/9. I haven't broke any of these. Around 60% of my club use this balls now after a lot of people moved to plastic balls. This are much more durable, especially at smashing. They are not very light which means you get more power but still a bit less than with the celluloid balls. Any questions just ask.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews

We´ve been using this ball in our club for about 2 years now and still didn´t manage to break one(!!). Its durability is extraordinary. We still got the same two sixpacks of balls since then. No cell ball has been lasting that long. It is very close to the old cell balls, except of the higher bounce and the less speed. The spin ability isn´t the same as cell balls but it´s quite close. Another plus is that they´re not as hard to get as a few other 40+balls. Many stores in my area seem to have them on stock.
All in all i think it´s a pretty good ball.

This user has no status.

I tested this plastic ball during my club practice in my opinion its pretty good, it felt different compared to the butterfly plastic training balls i won from butterfly took a 20 minutes and i was already into it and consistent throughout all my strokes. I believe this is the best plastic ball currently right now. However i still need more time for a solid conclusion for now.