Equipment Review Centre

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Hey everyone!

We have just launched the NEW TableTennisDaily Equipment Review Centre where you can review all your favourite and latest table tennis products!

The Equipment Review Centre is available on desktop, tablet and mobile!

Features include :

- Post reviews (with images & youtube videos if you wish)
- Like members reviews
- Leave multiple comments on reviews
- News feed displaying all latest activity within the system
- Advanced, responsive filter system to find equipment
- Auto search capabilities with navigation controls
- Notifications when users have liked or commented on user review
- User profile
- Top reviewers
- Manufacturer and user stats per equipment
- Pros + cons per review
- Registered users can submit reviews and submit equipment stats

Check out the centre here.

The centre has had extensive development with many users testing prior to launch. We thank all the members here at TTD who helped with the testing.

If you are able to post reviews of equipment you have used or currently use that would be great. Any problems, bugs you find please post them below and we will get them fixed asap. Any products you cannot find in the centre you can easily upload them from the 'add a product' tab on the main page of the centre and moderators will verify as quick as possible.

Have a browse guys and enjoy :)

Please report any bugs below in this topic.

Reactions: Steven and John18
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Read 1 reviews
When testing it, it was great! Before it was the only thing where I had to leave TTD to find out now everything is in one place! Very easy to use only thing I though but then found out about the ability to add products of your own which was going to be the only I was going to suggest so yes its got everything.

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Surely was a big pleasure testing this review system! Hope we can build up a great database here on TTD.

Thanks Steven your input was greatly appreciated!

I've just been playing around with it now, it is very good! I posted some reviews with no problem and have liked some user reviews. I think should be able to like users reviews on this page to, on the page that has the list of users reviews? http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/equipment/reviews/user/2762

Good idea TTHopeful, I will look into this. Glad you like the centre.

When testing it, it was great! Before it was the only thing where I had to leave TTD to find out now everything is in one place! Very easy to use only thing I though but then found out about the ability to add products of your own which was going to be the only I was going to suggest so yes its got everything.

Great to hear Jack! Yeah the ability to add products is very important because new products are coming into the market all the time.

Where do we add new products... like say the Der_Echte Special blade of choice (Galaxy 896) or say the Nexy line of blades?

Hey William, you can add new products in the top right hand corner of the main page. I have outlined it in the screen shot below:

addnewproduct.jpg

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yep. This equipment review center is off the hook. This will make things easy to review equipment and have dialogues about it. The more reviews there are, the more people will love this section of the site. I love that Table Tennis Daily has been able to take on such a big project to get this off the ground. Lets all test this and get a bunch more reviews up and out there for people to read. This will be so helpful to people just starting to learn more about the sport what equipment they may want to use. Dan, great job implementing this.

Last edited:

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Haha, my first comment was a semi-gripe...

Where is my mind and manners?

(I dont have any)

Hey, gotta say, there is nothing like this one and it HAD to be a lot of work to organize it.

Haha! I should be use to your wit now Der_Echte :) One day ill get there haha! Okay I definitely need to make a custom function for your custom blades :)

Thanks for the comments, it was a crazy amount of work.

Great update! Love the idea of a database on the forum. Easy to submit a review. Had an issue posting on iPhone 4, it's beeing checked.

Suggestion: more details in the rubbers stats.
Tensor (yes/no)
Weight
Throw
Sponge hardness

Love the pros/cons

Great job Dan!

Thanks Liten! The iphone 4 is being checked. If your able to PM me a screen print of when your about to post a review on mobile that would be great.

Great suggestions, ill look into this.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Yep. This equipment review center is off the hook. This will make things easy to review equipment and have dialogues about it. The more review there are, the more people will love this section of the site. I love that Table Tennis Daily has been able to take on such a big project to get this off the ground. Lets all test this and get a bunch more reviews up and out there for people to read. This will be so helpful to people just starting to learn more about the sport. Dan, great job implementing this.

Thank you very much Carl! I want to thank you for the inspiration of this project that we discussed many years ago. I have actually found the post you first mentioned the review centre in which was back in February 2012 :) So exactly 3 years ago!

ccarlreviewcentree.jpg

This user has no status.
It's great i was looking for this for a long time. When you are looking for a blade, just check here and you can find everything.
Maybe there is a place missing where the reviewer can put his level of table tennis. So when a semi pro player says it's not very fast and a low ranked player reads it and buys it, maybe for him it's like a rocket.

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
This is really superb, TTD is expanding and growing into a real centre hub of table tennis on the web. To have such a well-planned and simple to use review system at the fingertips of so many experienced and interested users alike, is really brilliant.

Great work Dan, I'll be sure to post some more reviews as soon as I can :D

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Youtube channel...
says Youtube channel...
Dec 2012
Read 7 reviews
This is a fantastic addition to the TTD site! I'm sure the review section will become very popular :)

Was a pleasure to be testing the system. I think it works very well and it's fun to write reviews there. To have pros and cons for each review was a great idea too, they tell you quickly the most important things about the product. I think the search tool is also better now that it shows you the different options when you write something (if there is many products with the similar name). Everything looks really good! Now we just need people to start writing a lot of reviews! :)

Great job making this Dan! I'm really happy for you that you've finally got this project to this launching stage, I know how hard you have worked for it. Table tennis players will surely love this addition :)

Last edited:

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
It's great i was looking for this for a long time. When you are looking for a blade, just check here and you can find everything.
Maybe there is a place missing where the reviewer can put his level of table tennis. So when a semi pro player says it's not very fast and a low ranked player reads it and buys it, maybe for him it's like a rocket.

Thanks Wannes, nice suggestion we will look into it :)

This is really superb, TTD is expanding and growing into a real centre hub of table tennis on the web. To have such a well-planned and simple to use review system at the fingertips of so many experienced and interested users alike, is really brilliant.

Great work Dan, I'll be sure to post some more reviews as soon as I can :D

Awesome Matt thanks! Glad you find it, 'simple to use' that was the number 1 aim to make the centre as user friendly as possible. Thanks for all your great input here on TTD! Amazing stuff! Love the new Samsung video to btw! :)

This is a fantastic addition to the TTD site! I'm sure the review section will become very popular :)

Was a pleasure to be testing the system. I think it works very well and it's fun to write reviews there. To have pros and cons for each review was a great idea too, they tell you quickly the most important things about the product. I think the search tool is also better now that it shows you the different options when you write something (if there is many products with the similar name). Everything looks really good! Now we just need people to start writing a lot of reviews! :)

Great job making this Dan! I'm really happy for you that you've finally got this project to this launching stage, I know how hard you have worked for it. Table tennis players will surely love this addition :)

Thanks for all the help with the testing and everything @EditingSports I agree the additional pros and cons really help quickly have an understanding about product. Yes very true, post your reviews guys, we are looking forward to them :)

Thanks again EditingSports!

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I gotta say this Dan, you must have designed it well enough to withstand the trampling and abuse of the TT mafia that is constantly after me and Carl... if the TTD review center and still be standing (and still functioning) after I have touched it with my messy paws a dozen times, it passes the test.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
I gotta say this Dan, you must have designed it well enough to withstand the trampling and abuse of the TT mafia that is constantly after me and Carl... if the TTD review center and still be standing (and still functioning) after I have touched it with my messy paws a dozen times, it passes the test.

Haha! That is very true! It is a very good test having you browse around on it! :)

You the man! I really like your reviews.