Equipment Review Centre

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Nexy Korea Pesident Oscar Moon goes on the forums every now and then in his Diary posts about what he is thinking when he designs what he does, but actually, on their website, Nexy doesn't have any descriptions of their blades, they just have a drop down thing to select the handle. They describe the plies and that is about it.

I think Nexy Korea is the only TT equipment seller I have ever seen who doesn't have product descriptions on their product page. On the Korean site (in Korean) they got a lot of players' (and the company ones too) comments integrated into the bottom of the page for customers to blog their comments, so their Korean website (in Korean) is kinda like a TT forum posting center for each individual product, an interesting concept and marketing strategy - use TT player word of mouth and reputation.

For NexyUSA, I had to write all the product descriptions. Not all that difficult as I have long term tested 80% of their blade lineup.

I just tested TTD Review Centre ability to add new product and you all know the first blade I uploaded was the Galaxy 896 that Colestt.com sells. (so does eacheng.net and others)

The website said it was pending Admin approval and TTD would get to it as soon as possible.

haha, I left the site and came back 30 minutes later and there waz a PM from Dan asking me a question.

Now I gotta work on inputting a dozen Nexy blades over time.

The big manufacturers are missing out on a chance to interact with their market and have a say in the reviews through their presence on TTD. Only one I see is Stiga through Dan's adventures.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
Nexy Korea Pesident Oscar Moon goes on the forums every now and then in his Diary posts about what he is thinking when he designs what he does, but actually, on their website, Nexy doesn't have any descriptions of their blades, they just have a drop down thing to select the handle. They describe the plies and that is about it.

I think Nexy Korea is the only TT equipment seller I have ever seen who doesn't have product descriptions on their product page. On the Korean site (in Korean) they got a lot of players' (and the company ones too) comments integrated into the bottom of the page for customers to blog their comments, so their Korean website (in Korean) is kinda like a TT forum posting center for each individual product, an interesting concept and marketing strategy - use TT player word of mouth and reputation.

For NexyUSA, I had to write all the product descriptions. Not all that difficult as I have long term tested 80% of their blade lineup.

I just tested TTD Review Centre ability to add new product and you all know the first blade I uploaded was the Galaxy 896 that Colestt.com sells. (so does eacheng.net and others)

The website said it was pending Admin approval and TTD would get to it as soon as possible.

haha, I left the site and came back 30 minutes later and there waz a PM from Dan asking me a question.

The big manufacturers are missing out on a chance to interact with their market and have a say in the reviews through their presence on TTD. Only one I see is Stiga through Dan's adventures.

I really like the way Mr Moon interacts with the community and allows them to ask questions.He loves to describe each of his products in such detail that it is par excellence.
it is no wonder that the end result is so great.

JHB

says Aged and infirm of purpose
Like the site, like the interface. Great work Dan !! One suggestion, not sure about the practicality so bear with me - could the Blades section of the database store the blade dimensions (height/width/thickness) along with the other data ? It'd require someone submitting a review to measure them, but I thiink we can all cope with a ruler.....

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
this is awsome.love the way the categories are shown ;)

Glad you like the categories Mark, I think this way it helps browsing equipment much easier.

I think that a description of the manufacturer should be more than a 1000 characters,because companies like nexy love to give great detail as to how and why they produced such beautiful products.

Other than that,it is such an easy to use,perfect review centre.

Thanks Mahomedy13, happy you like the centre :) Good suggestion, I will see if we can increase it some more.

I have seen a lot of Nexy's work especially the descriptions of blades. Looks very good and thoughtful. Haha yeah for now products will be pending I think this makes things more manageable in the centre. I will upload some Nexy products shortly to. Thanks for all the help :)

Like the site, like the interface. Great work Dan !! One suggestion, not sure about the practicality so bear with me - could the Blades section of the database store the blade dimensions (height/width/thickness) along with the other data ? It'd require someone submitting a review to measure them, but I thiink we can all cope with a ruler.....

Hi JHB,

Glad you like it. That is a very good idea and something to look into. It just takes a lot of time and getting each measurement, but ill look into this that's for sure.

Awesome news. good job! :D

Thanks Raazzz, I like your first review looking foward to your future ones.

JHB

says Aged and infirm of purpose
Dan,

Sorry, just realised that as the review page is currently constitued it means you'd have to put the dimensions in rather than us - that won't work because most manufacturers don't include this information in their catalogues, it can only really work if the reviewer measures the blade he is reviewing. Please feel free to scrub my suggestion, don't want to make even more work for you !

Reactions: agold

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Dan,

Sorry, just realised that as the review page is currently constitued it means you'd have to put the dimensions in rather than us - that won't work because most manufacturers don't include this information in their catalogues, it can only really work if the reviewer measures the blade he is reviewing. Please feel free to scrub my suggestion, don't want to make even more work for you !

Yes that is actually very true! So there could be a section where the user can input the blade dimensions etc. I really like this suggestion and will look into it JHB :)

Reactions: JHB
This user has no status.
I had a problem reviewing a blade, I was in the middle of reviewing a blade when suddenly a message "...encountered an error" appeared at the top of the page and suddenly refreshed the site making my review gone. I used Safari V. 8.0.3 in a MacBook Air OS X Yosemite 10.10.2.

PS. I also have a suggestion regarding the user stats and manufacturers' in the review centre. Since manufacturers have their own ratings/stats of their rubbers that is not comparable to other companies and also to the time when the rubber was produced, it would be good to have a baseline rubber for speed and spin.

An example of a problematic review would be the Mark V. The manufacturer's rating is 9 for speed, 8 for spin out of 10(maybe), but surely Rakza 7 is faster and spinnier. So suppose I will rate Rakza 7 as 10 out of 10 in speed and 10 out of 10 in spin compared to Mark V, then that would mean Rakza 7 is faster and spinnier by only a few notches. That is incorrect because Rakza 7 is miles faster and spinnier than a regular Mark V.

A baseline example, however, should be within the manufacturers only so we could not put Tenergy 05 as the baseline for all rubbers regarding spin as that would be unfair to the manufacturers. I noticed this "baseline system" in the 2014-2015 catalog of Butterfly, stating that "the measure of speed is based off of Sriver as 10" and "the measure of spin is based off of Tackiness Chop as 10."

Last edited:

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
I had a problem reviewing a blade, I was in the middle of reviewing a blade when suddenly a message "...encountered an error" appeared at the top of the page and suddenly refreshed the site making my review gone. I used Safari V. 8.0.3 in a MacBook Air OS X Yosemite 10.10.2.

PS. I also have a suggestion regarding the user stats and manufacturers' in the review centre. Since manufacturers have their own ratings/stats of their rubbers that is not comparable to other companies and also to the time when the rubber was produced, it would be good to have a baseline rubber for speed and spin.

An example of a problematic review would be the Mark V. The manufacturer's rating is 9 for speed, 8 for spin out of 10(maybe), but surely Rakza 7 is faster and spinnier. So suppose I will rate Rakza 7 as 10 out of 10 in speed and 10 out of 10 in spin compared to Mark V, then that would mean Rakza 7 is faster and spinnier by only a few notches. That is incorrect because Rakza 7 is miles faster and spinnier than a regular Mark V.

A baseline example, however, should be within the manufacturers only so we could not put Tenergy 05 as the baseline for all rubbers regarding spin as that would be unfair to the manufacturers. I noticed this "baseline system" in the 2014-2015 catalog of Butterfly, stating that "the measure of speed is based off of Sriver as 10" and "the measure of spin is based off of Tackiness Chop as 10."

Hi Harvey,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue. Please try to review an equipment again all should be fixed now.

In regards to the user stats, that is a very good suggestion and we are looking into it as it can be very difficult to manage the user stats within the equipment centre. I like your idea ill see what I can do :)

I was just going through the balls section,and noticed a duplication with the Nexy balls.

Good point, fixed now :)

When you browse by item (balls, blade, etc) it should say the company. This is especially important in balls and shoes. All the balls say "3* poly" or "3 star new material." Very few say the name of the ball, and none say the company. I think you should add the companies name.

Yes this is a very good idea and I had thought about this. We will add the companies name next to the balls and shoes to begin with and will see how this goes. Thanks @agold

This user has no status.
Nice, interesting, i hope it will be a good reference or guide for any TT players, i will keep looking at it and hope to see more updates.

Wish i know how to make reviews, and i don't know how anyone rate the speed or control or whatever by numbers, is it accurate or just approximate?

My test/experiment with different blades or rubbers is not something i can really show on reviews, i don't use them good enough to give fair reviews, and mostly any new blade i play i feel they are good, and i can't determine how fast it is or how is the control or whatever due to my level or skill, so i don't want to put any review and it becomes incorrect.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Nice, interesting, i hope it will be a good reference or guide for any TT players, i will keep looking at it and hope to see more updates.

Wish i know how to make reviews, and i don't know how anyone rate the speed or control or whatever by numbers, is it accurate or just approximate?
'
My test/experiment with different blades or rubbers is not something i can really show on reviews, i don't use them good enough to give fair reviews, and mostly any new blade i play i feel they are good, and i can't determine how fast it is or how is the control or whatever due to my level or skill, so i don't want to put any review and it becomes incorrect.

Hey @TareqPhoto, glad you like it.

If you click 'Write a Review' when on the product page you will be able to submit a review.

I don't think your review will be wrong as reviews are users personal opinions about the rubber, blade etc. You should try giving it a go, I am sure they will be fine :)

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews

Dan

Dan

Administrator