• Other (Post Below)

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
Xu Xin back to no.: 1
Congrats

This is ittf tour ranking, not the official world ranking. XX has been on top of the tour ranking for sometime now. FZD has benn no. 1 on the world ranking for several months now.
LJK just kicked HT off the top four seed list of the tour ranking by winning the Australia Open, which is not a good news for HT in the grand finals.

Reactions: FunnyBunny
This user has no status.
View attachment 17870 This is a close up of LJK's equipment. He probably still plays with Viscaria and Hurricane. What is his backhand rubber? Maybe a Joola Golden Tango/PS or Haifu rubber?

i think it is more likely a national version of Neo Hurricane with 37 degree hardness on the DHS scale. i think so because Ma Long and with him few others of CNT already made this switch.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
SmartSelect_20181112-104259_Instagram.jpg

says https://all7soft.com SlimBrowser for Windows 7
says https://all7soft.com SlimBrowser for Windows 7
Nov 2018
Disappointing semi final.. Expected more fight from Liam..

This user has no status.
XX is just too strong at controlling Pitchford's game. In the later games, he learned what types of returns made Pitchford uncomfortable and forced many errors or low quality shots from Pitchford. Pitchford didn't find any real ways break free from XX's control.

Speaking of the world tour standing, FZD, XX, and Liang Jingkun are the most efficient point collectors. FZD gets 300 pt. per tournament, XX around 220 pt., and Liang Jingkun around 190 pt. Even LGY gets around 130 pt. per tournament. I'm really surprised to see Harimoto only getting around 91 pt. per tournament. With all the hype he's getting, I really thought he would've collected more.

Reactions: FunnyBunny and fais
This user has no status.
Well I think this was his easiest path to be honest as difficult as it was as he beats these players in the Super League. The real issue will be how he performs against the top foreigners. He has done well for the most part but the Jang Woojin loss is the other end of the spectrum.

The talent is clearly there, and the CNT does need him. He and Fan Zhendong are a class apart from the rest of the world in pure physical strength and LJK probably has the best backhand play in the world (similar to Harimoto and probably a teeny bit above Fan, though I can see other takes on this).

As long as he maintains his fitness and gets more experience he should continue. But Jang Woojin will be the next test.

I totally agree, FZD and Liang Jingkun are in a league of their own. But I don't think Jang Woojin would pose much challenge to Liang Jingkun.
Korea open this year, Jang Woojin was playing at 110%, above his usual level. Jang Woojin hasn't been successful since, it's because he can't play consistently at such level. If Liang Jingkun plays at his usual level against any player in the world now, the odds of him winning is much greater than losing. Out of all the players who could defeat Liang Jingkun, Jang Woojin is a long way down that list.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I totally agree, FZD and Liang Jingkun are in a league of their own. But I don't think Jang Woojin would pose much challenge to Liang Jingkun.
Korea open this year, Jang Woojin was playing at 110%, above his usual level. Jang Woojin hasn't been successful since, it's because he can't play consistently at such level. If Liang Jingkun plays at his usual level against any player in the world now, the odds of him winning is much greater than losing. Out of all the players who could defeat Liang Jingkun, Jang Woojin is a long way down that list.

And we need to remember that Jang Woojin also defeated XX in Korean Open. So, its not that LJK all of a sudden collapsed in pressure situation. It was just Woonjin's.Open. He was untouchable. I think LJK was in much more pressure against Harimoto in quarters there which he won 4-0 BTW. IMO LJK is solid in mental aspect right now. He needs little more experience playing in foriegn soil and getting hang of different players.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
XX is just too strong at controlling Pitchford's game. In the later games, he learned what types of returns made Pitchford uncomfortable and forced many errors or low quality shots from Pitchford. Pitchford didn't find any real ways break free from XX's control.

Speaking of the world tour standing, FZD, XX, and Liang Jingkun are the most efficient point collectors. FZD gets 300 pt. per tournament, XX around 220 pt., and Liang Jingkun around 190 pt. Even LGY gets around 130 pt. per tournament. I'm really surprised to see Harimoto only getting around 91 pt. per tournament. With all the hype he's getting, I really thought he would've collected more.

Using your efficiency metric, he is still in the top half of that list. And everyone else on that list is at least 5 years older than he is. Why does he have to collect more to justify the hype? Other than Benedikt Duda at the Swedish Open and Filus at the German Open, most of his losses have been to better players. He may not pan out as well as some of us expect, but I think he has collected more than enough.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Yeah, Dima doesn't seem to have reached his form again. But maybe Duda or Franziska can still improve a bit...
But probably still way to go to Chinese level... But isn't it amazing how things are turned upside down everywhere? Upset after upset - even the ones complaining about the boring all Chinese matches can just shut up.
Only two Europeans, not a good time for European table tennis, especially with Boll and Dima the only two competing consistently with the world's best and now surely on the decline.

Sent from my ZTE Grand S II LTE using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Yeah, Dima doesn't seem to have reached his form again. But maybe Duda or Franziska can still improve a bit...
But probably still way to go to Chinese level... But isn't it amazing how things are turned upside down everywhere? Upset after upset - even the ones complaining about the boring all Chinese matches can just shut up.

Sent from my ZTE Grand S II LTE using Tapatalk
Dima was mostly injured and played a much smaller schedule. Otherwise he would have made it. Timo played a smaller schedule as well but is more lucky.