Rakza Z vs Free chack glue

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 3 reviews
burhanayan Steps; 1) Put paper onto glue layer 2) Hold iron few seconds on paper 3) Remove paper 4) Rub heated glue layer with back of spoon 5) Repeat this until all glue is removed This is the best solution that I used so far. Maybe few sponge particles come off. If you are careful and glue is heated enough said:
I am glad that it worked for you too.

By the way, I tested this with Revolution 3, Freechack pro, a WBG from Donic. All worked fine.

Gesendet von meinem CLT-L09 mit Tapatalk

This user has no status.
So I just tried the hot iron, paper and spoon method. Not too happy about the results...
a99af6a946bc816b588cf87b4350f2d7.jpg
57bb85a7ccb184571999d0d2b75b8d10.jpg
5d6554f0eb2e6922de66cf841c88fa04.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
This thread is proof that Butterfly and ESN don't mix.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Seriously, start using Nittaku Finezip instead. It's sooo elastic. Much easier to get of. Most of the times there's almost no glue left on the blade, when the rubber is removed. Especially if it's presealed. That Also means that it's easier to remove from the sponge, because the layer is thicker. I actually removed glue from a rubber in one go once by keeping my fingers under the glue and pulling in different directions without breaking the glue. Quite satisfying.

Sendt fra min SM-A202F med Tapatalk

This user has no status.
Just bought some revolution no. 3 glue after watching their video on removing it from the sponge - looks amazing. I think Nittaku Finezip was mentioned in this thread as one of the glue types which are hard to remove? Quote: "Most of the ESN glues are really easy to deal with when it comes to rubber removal. Donic, Xiom, Andro etc.
Butterfly and Nittaku glues will most of the time create a too strong bond".

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 3 reviews
Wouldn't ironing affect the topsheet despite having sponge and also paper during ironing?
I tried even on H3N Blue Sponge. Nothing has happened yet. Just put iron enough to soften the glue, not to melt the glue completely :)

I remember the time I removed glue perfectly from T05 without any sponge rip by heating the glue often.

Jan 2018
TBH, after watching Timo Boll's bat preparation video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DODDExcIsEE) I keep wondering if there is any point whatsoever in removing WBG from the rubber before regluing ...

Unless there's a problem with the initial gluing, there's little benefit removing the old layer. The glue layer will harden after a few months, but usually it's also time for a new sheet anyway.

Nevertheless, there's evidence that a fresh layer of Finezip increases bounce and that a thick Butterfly Free Chack glue layer decreases bounce.

Still, repeatedly removing the rubber, especially with porous sponge, could cause the gas to permeate through the cell walls or even burst the cells, leading to further shrinkage in addition to wear and tear.

Reactions: vvk1
I tried even on H3N Blue Sponge. Nothing has happened yet. Just put iron enough to soften the glue, not to melt the glue completely :)

I remember the time I removed glue perfectly from T05 without any sponge rip by heating the glue often.

Ok makes sense. At least it will soften the glue.

Jan 2018
Sharara: Banned speedgluing to keep you innocent mortals from harming the rubbers.
Mortals: Turns to ironing the glue layer to keep ourselves from destroying the rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Just bought some revolution no. 3 glue after watching their video on removing it from the sponge - looks amazing. I think Nittaku Finezip was mentioned in this thread as one of the glue types which are hard to remove? Quote: "Most of the ESN glues are really easy to deal with when it comes to rubber removal. Donic, Xiom, Andro etc.
Butterfly and Nittaku glues will most of the time create a too strong bond".
The voc-free Butterfly glue I recently got on a pre-assembled racket was very difficult to remove. Not very elastic. So hard to pull off. Nittaku Finezip is much easier. But still difficult. Takes some time. There might be glues out there that are much easier of course :)

Sendt fra min SM-A202F med Tapatalk

Last edited: