Got Covid

Also Yogi, if you've got the energy to do it, please keep us posted on how you get on.

Pretty boring routine since I am in an isolation room for patients. I would usually walk around the room with my IV stand in tow. I would force myself to walk 3 to 4x a day (in a big room with some space) just to force myself to use my lungs more. I am in state now that I still have antibiotics for my lungs and xray has shown to have white spots due to covid. About 3 times a day I do my martial art breathing exercises too but it is quite taxing. If I get out of the hospital next week, I would estimate to need at least a month to enjoy playing again with no difficulty of breathing for heavy exercises. My case is supposedly mild but it was in a severe level almost 5 days prior due to reduced O2 capacity. I am tempted to do shadow drills but the IV stand and line keeps me from doing it. Lol.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Good sign that you're walking and thinking about playing! Hopefully you can taste your food. Also, you will have lost some muscle fitness from so much lying down, but it will come back.

Good sign that you're walking and thinking about playing! Hopefully you can taste your food. Also, you will have lost some muscle fitness from so much lying down, but it will come back.
It is surprising that I never lost my food taste. I had LBM, fever and heavy coughing only before but the taste never went away. The appetite was affected but I can taste the food.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yeah. I have heard of people having trouble with breath capacity for a while after.

I know, a few years ago when I had pneumonia from something before CoVID was around, it sort of took my lungs about 6 months to feel like full capacity again. But working on things that taxes your breathing capacity, I think was helpful.

I hope you are back in action and teaching the kids as soon as possible.

All the best, Yogi. Good time for visualization exercises, both for TT skills and for healing imagery.

Yeah best time to watch for game analysis and also apply it to training.

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
Sad to hear. I personally had Covid; lost my taste and smell and coughing(No fever). I do know that once you recover you will still be low in energy up to 2 months. For lungs I recommend you do some lung exercises to help you get back into TT. Eat a lot of Oranges.
Hope you get better soon.

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Yogi, I want to echo Dr. Evil. It's good you are talking about this. Also documenting your path to recovery might help some people too. Sometimes I doubt whether Dr Evil is actually evil.

Yogi, I want to echo Dr. Evil. It's good you are talking about this. Also documenting your path to recovery might help some people too. Sometimes I doubt whether Dr Evil is actually evil.
I guess it will place awareness though this will take time and varies from person to person. In my side I will be discharge this week and will be just on home quarantine for 2 weeks more. I think after you have gotten better, the most important thing is the mindset that you need to help go back into shape in a way that it is within your capacity and not put too much strain in your body. When you are in this state, you have no choice but to face it head on in order to get back in shape. I will gladly put some progress notes from time to time.

says Aging is a killer
He may be a fine gentleman of the medical profession but his rubber certainly lives up to the name.
I have played a couple competent players who use this rubber and it is murder to one's mental state.
Sometimes received balls from the rubber behave like a straight SP and other times it's closer to LP.

I tried doing shadowdrills for at least 10min a day and it feels like I did a 30sec Falkenburg multiball already. I was catching my breath heavily. I guess my lungs need 2 to 3 months on getting back the capacity to normally play. It is hard getting back on my feet but it is the only way. I would have to have another xray in a month to see if my lung spots (also the cause if shortness of breath) have improved. I was already discharged from the hospital as per advice of m pulmonologist and will do home quarantine for another 10 days.

Reactions: IB66
says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
I tried doing shadowdrills for at least 10min a day and it feels like I did a 30sec Falkenburg multiball already. I was catching my breath heavily. I guess my lungs need 2 to 3 months on getting back the capacity to normally play. It is hard getting back on my feet but it is the only way. I would have to have another xray in a month to see if my lung spots (also the cause if shortness of breath) have improved. I was already discharged from the hospital as per advice of m pulmonologist and will do home quarantine for another 10 days.

Hi Yogi,

Great that you’re back home and on the mend!! Keep on with gentle exercise, don’t over extend yourself etc.

My mother has Pulmonary Fibrosis and struggles to breath, she had her vacation 3 months ago and is due the second jab this weekend. She’s 90 yrs old, and after the 1st jab seemed to get weaker for the following 2 weeks, and suffered a seizure of some kind, or ‘episode’ as the hospital referred to it. Caused by low sodium, magnesium levels, NOT the vaccine. Anyway she was taken to hospital and was in there for about 9 weeks. They tested her for COVID when she was admitted, negative,
and weekly thereafter, 3rd week she tested positive!! She was in a ‘non COVID ‘ ward!!
The Vaccine helped saved her life, no doubt at all !! Someone with Pulmonary Fibrosis is at severe risk.Loss of breath etc similar/worse than where you are at the moment. She is now home and on oxygen even when sitting. But she’s home and much happier!!
Worst thing has been not being able to visit her when in hospital, isolated from her family was horrible for her, so I can really relate to the experience you are going through.
Even when she was discharged, like yourself a 14 day isolation period ensued, we had to rearrange the house!! Bed moved downstairs etc so the 2m rule could be adhered to at all times by my father. Within 2m it was gloves, aprons and masks!!

I think writing this is possibly more for myself!!! To help get things off my mind and show others that having the vaccine can save your life. BECAUSE YOU DON’T KNOW HOW IT WILL EFFECT YOU.
some have no symptoms, some die, some get a head ache, some suffer symptoms like yourself.

If the vaccine is offered, take it !!
even if you are vaccinated, maintain the social distancing rules, wear masks, wash your hands all that stuff, you can still test positive and pass it on to someone that has not been vaccinated.

Anyway, that’s enough of that.

Yogi, all the best to yourself, family, friends and pupils.
keep moving forward, stay SMART, stay SAFE 😁

Reactions: JeffM
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews

Yogi, hopefully you will have a steady path to recovery. Sadly, some people have a strange post-Covid syndrome that can last indefinitely.

I hope our TTD forum members are still doing everything they can to avoid this. By now you all know what you have to do (and if you choose not to believe in those precautions nothing I write here will convince you).

A bit longer and we'll be through the worst of it, but don't let your guard down.

I should mention that one of my TT playing partners died of Covid-19 late last spring, at the first wave of this pandemic here. He's not somebody one would have thought would be affected that way. He was strong, fit, in his early 50s, had two kids. 2100ish player at this best.