High spin rubber setup (2) for brush/loop forehand practice

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Der_Echte,
Definitely going the cheap EJ route. Air Touch01 to work on basic drives and blocks, W6/AK47 rubber on both sides for a friend to play with at work and Galaxy W1 has decent rubber but nothing at the H3 level. I don't mind the V5 with Sawei Target National but handle is flared and I've gotten used to straight. F3 is also flared so I was looking at a dhs 301 straight from princett with H3 and something else, so I posted here for some alternatives.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Sounds totally fine to me. Nothing wrong with budget EJ-ing. Those of us who are at clubs where we can try out lots of different equipment are spoiled.

Side question:

Is there a cheap Chinese clone blade of the Innerforce ALC / Harimoto blade? (Preferably Yinhe or Sanwei).

The 970xx ALC looks like it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Koto, limba, honestly the difference is less that you would expect.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Is there a cheap Chinese clone blade of the Innerforce ALC / Harimoto blade? (Preferably Yinhe or Sanwei).

I am researching this topic.
Here is thread I made that may contain some information:
https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/showthread.php?22104-Yinhe-970XX-ALC-vs-KLC

Also here is some decent info about other inner ALC blades:
https://ttgearlab.com/2017/03/25/characteristics-of-four-known-inner-fiber-blades-comparison/

From what I've found cheap inner carbon that are supposably note worthy are:
Yinhe Pro Feeling, Yinhe 970XX (be wary that there are Kevlar version and ALC version), DHS 301, Sanwei F3 Pro for which best prices I found on princett (prices around 42-48$ + ship). In above mentioned article are also few blades that are around 60$ territory. Cheapest I've found is Yinhe m202 (mars lineup?) for 40$ and yinhe Venus v14 pro.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
BryanY,

would PrinceTT be a good shop to buy the rubbers from? I know that you mentioned ?eachang.net in another post. I have also seen Prott.vp and tabletennis11 mentioned as good sources. I'm curious as to the relative ranking of these shops for delivery to the US as well as the shipping time.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Koto, limba, honestly the difference is less that you would expect.

I would totally disagree with that. Some people may not feel the difference as significant. But that does not mean the difference is not significant.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
BryanY,

would PrinceTT be a good shop to buy the rubbers from? I know that you mentioned ?eachang.net in another post. I have also seen Prott.vp and tabletennis11 mentioned as good sources. I'm curious as to the relative ranking of these shops for delivery to the US as well as the shipping time.

I’ve used TT11, AliExpress, and eacheng.net. I’ve had good experiences with all three of them. Never used prott.vp or PrinceTT. Also I would stay away from TTNPP, the site didn’t even have valid SSL certificates back when I tried to place an order.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
would PrinceTT be a good shop to buy the rubbers from?

It is a bit more expensive (2-3$) for buying rubbers due to high shipping policy on combination with prices. The prices are not bad, but shipping cost od based on weight. Some rubbers are ok priced. For example B2 is priced at 20$ + about 4$ shipping to eu which is ok. But 729 bloom spin is 15$ shipping included whereas on alliexpress it costs 9.5$ with free shipping. Princett od great for.buying blades though. They are 10-20$ cheaper and they will seal it for free if you ask them.

Don't generalize alliexpress, because IT depends on seller. There are a few threads about which seller to pick. Personally i had good experiences with new new shop and dhs pro table tennis.

Last edited:
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Der_Echte,
Definitely going the cheap EJ route. Air Touch01 to work on basic drives and blocks, W6/AK47 rubber on both sides for a friend to play with at work and Galaxy W1 has decent rubber but nothing at the H3 level. I don't mind the V5 with Sawei Target National but handle is flared and I've gotten used to straight. F3 is also flared so I was looking at a dhs 301 straight from princett with H3 and something else, so I posted here for some alternatives.

The "Der_Echte Special" I frequently discuss as a very low cost way to go middle of the road to learn is a new Cole sourced 896 blade, a new 2008 rubber, and a recycled FH rubber. You are in an appropriate bat for minimal money and have money freed up for EJ or lessons or cold water.

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Yogi_bear,
Where to buy the F3 classic? https://www.sanweisport.com/english/?prod=f3-classic for $60 so far
Any other reputable sellers you are aware of with a better price?

Also from your recent Sanwei Target Pro rubber review, can you reconfirm which of the rubbers were best for looping? There was the Target Pro(vincial?) in black only, Target National blue sponge and a hard to find Target 90 in red, right?

BryanY,
Nice Chinese rubbers video. Lightzy seems to really like the regular Battle 2 over the Battle 2 provincial --#1 rubber in video linked. Plus there is the Battle 2 w/the new packaging that 729b2 likes the most as well.

Kuba,
Thanks for the info on the AliExpress sellers, if I just buy one rubber here, one paddle there from various sellers the shipping costs add up for sure. Did you see that Loki ALC paddle on princett? Looks nice (5 wood 2 ALC - VIS. structure. Limba+ALC+Ayous+Ayous core+Ayous+ALC+Limba). http://www.princett.com/EN/USD/prod...5-wood-2-ALCspecial-for-the-team-八一--379.html

Last edited: