Lifespan of hurricane rubbers

says Or is it more legit...
Sep 2019
A little help here
Any idea on how long does a hurricane rubber last? I intend to buy h3 neo provincial BS 39 degree and not sure how long it will last with or without boosting.
I know it all depends on how often you play but I’d like to know briefly the lifespan of h3 rubbers.

Feel free to share your opinions. Thank you.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
A little help here
Any idea on how long does a hurricane rubber last? I intend to buy h3 neo provincial BS 39 degree and not sure how long it will last with or without boosting.
I know it all depends on how often you play but I’d like to know briefly the lifespan of h3 rubbers.

Feel free to share your opinions. Thank you.

This depends on several things. For example how hard you boost them and if you use a protective film.
In my experience i can at least reboost my rubbers one or two times with FTL so i have a lifespan of around 6-9 months more or less. But i already saw some ppl using it for longer than a year.
But i would say that this is only possible if you dont boost them because at some point your boosting result will become mushy and the rubber wont forgive you small technique errors anymore and your shots will become really weird pretty often.

Reactions: Colin Ksh
Sep 2019

This depends on several things. For example how hard you boost them and if you use a protective film.
In my experience i can at least reboost my rubbers one or two times with FTL so i have a lifespan of around 6-9 months more or less. But i already saw some ppl using it for longer than a year.
But i would say that this is only possible if you dont boost them because at some point your boosting result will become mushy and the rubber wont forgive you small technique errors anymore and your shots will become really weird pretty often.

I see. It's very informative of you.
Tbh, I'm not used to chinese rubbers and boosting, tuning and etc.
i came from using tensor rubbers
I'm just considereing to try but quite hesitate as it takes quite a few processes. In terms of tensor rubbers like butterfly rubbers as you know they are ready to be played right out of the box. I think I should just stick to tensor rubbers. Moreover, I used to train at a local club with coach for about a year but now I just play completely for fun. I'm considering to get a new setup and trying to dig as much as I can exploring.

Sep 2019
No boost: 1-2 years max
regular boost: 1year max(softens sponge)
Hard boost: 6-9months
Neo: no need to boost, shorter lifespan (6-12 months)

Is it okay to use without boosting?
ane by regular boost, how often do you mean?
And last of all, do you want to state that hurricane 3 neo doesn’t require boosting at all?
thank you

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 3 reviews
Don't you guys have ball slipping issue after a month or two? I use mostly H3 Commercial 40 degree.

I test it like the video below;
https://youtu.be/luwZrk5nhv4

1 year old tenergy slips at very closed racket angle on second bounce.

New H3 is close to Tenergy but it starts to slip with little more open angle.

2-3 months old H3 slips at almost 45 degree angle on second bounce.

P.s.: I play 12-13h/w.

This user has no status.

And last of all, do you want to state that hurricane 3 neo doesn’t require boosting at all?
thank you

1. You can use regular H3 without boosting, but it’s slow.
2. Regular boosting and hard boosting are of the same frequency, just the amount of booster.
3.H3 neo version is pre tuned. The factory boosts it for you. The boost wears off in a few months and the rubber is a regular H3 or a bit slower.

This user has no status.
Don't you guys have ball slipping issue after a month or two? I use mostly H3 Commercial 40 degree.

I test it like the video below;
https://youtu.be/luwZrk5nhv4

1 year old tenergy slips at very closed racket angle on second bounce.

New H3 is close to Tenergy but it starts to slip with little more open angle.

2-3 months old H3 slips at almost 45 degree angle on second bounce.

P.s.: I play 12-13h/w.

You have to:
Keep the top sheet clean by cleaning with a cleaner solution or breathing onto it to get it moist and wiping with your hand. If there is a lot of dust it won’t stick.
The reason also might be a inconsistency with the duration of the tackiness. I’ve had this too, just play with it for a few weeks and it becomes consistently tacky.
Maybe also look into your techniques.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
I don't understand why is about my technique? Here is a game if you want to check it;

https://youtu.be/4sXqHez8uqI

I clean it with water only. I stick nylon sheet onto rubber after every use. After a month or two, rubber starts to shine more,then slips. But tackiness is still there. No problem with Lifting ball. But slips.

I am a H3 user for almost a decade.

I have to agree with you. With just 3hrs/week, my H3 starts to slip in about 3 months.

The newer H3 I bought this year has poorer quality. It started with a semi-tacky surface and developed a matte look. With little tackiness left slipping happens often with thin brush stroke.

If you are just trying out Chinese rubber, start with Neo TG3. It has a softer topsheet, no need to boost and quality has not declined like H3.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews

You have to:
Keep the top sheet clean by cleaning with a cleaner solution or breathing onto it to get it moist and wiping with your hand. If there is a lot of dust it won’t stick.
The reason also might be a inconsistency with the duration of the tackiness. I’ve had this too, just play with it for a few weeks and it becomes consistently tacky.

I have a Butterfly setup and a DHS setup.

Butterfly- D05 + T64 on a Viscaria
DHS - boosted H3 BS + boosted commercial H3 on W968

Approximately 1 out of 5 thin brush strokes, my H3 slips. In contrast my D05 grips much better and never slips.

After almost a decade of using DHS rubbers my suspicion is that the quality has gone downhill.

We used to play commercial H3 fine until provincial H3 became available in higher quality. It seems provincial H3 is just as bad as the commercial one a few years ago. So I guess DHS wants us all to buy their National H3

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
I don't understand why is about my technique? Here is a game if you want to check it;

I clean it with water only. I stick nylon sheet onto rubber after every use. After a month or two, rubber starts to shine more,then slips. But tackiness is still there. No problem with Lifting ball. But slips.

I don't see a problem with your technique (for those interested start the video at e.g. at 2:19 or 4:07)

It could be that the playing conditions (lower temperatures, higher humidity also from sweating) are the problem. It may also be a problem of conditions combined with certain balls., e.g., currently I can barely lift Nittaku balls (Premium and J-Top) with my H3s in our playing hall but have no problem to do that if it's warmer or if it's a Sanwei or DHS ball.
But with 12 to 13 hours training (maybe multiball and drills?) per week it could simply be that the rubber is worn too much.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews

You have to:

Most clearners destroy the tacky surface - srsly a bad idea.

In terms of technique of burhanaya: Usually you hit too weak and too arm dominant. If you want to get better with chinese fh rubbers you have to hit harder. You need to give the ball a chance to penetrate into the rubber, otherwise it is just like hitting the ball with a pan. Especially if you play unboosted.

The factorytune of the neo btw is damn weak and already wears off in about a month. If you want a consistent rubber afterwards you have to reboost.

This user has no status.
I don't see a problem with your technique (for those interested start the video at e.g. at 2:19 or 4:07)

It could be that the playing conditions (lower temperatures, higher humidity also from sweating) are the problem. It may also be a problem of conditions combined with certain balls., e.g., currently I can barely lift Nittaku balls (Premium and J-Top) with my H3s in our playing hall but have no problem to do that if it's warmer or if it's a Sanwei or DHS ball.
But with 12 to 13 hours training (maybe multiball and drills?) per week it could simply be that the rubber is worn too much.

National team members train 12 hours a day and their rubbers work for a month or so. I don’t think DHS rubbers wear that quickly. It might be poor quality control combined with some special conditions.

This user has no status.

Most clearners destroy the tacky surface - srsly a bad idea.

In terms of technique of burhanaya: Usually you hit too weak and too arm dominant. If you want to get better with chinese fh rubbers you have to hit harder. You need to give the ball a chance to penetrate into the rubber, otherwise it is just like hitting the ball with a pan. Especially if you play unboosted.

The factorytune of the neo btw is damn weak and already wears off in about a month. If you want a consistent rubber afterwards you have to reboost.

I often used cleaners on a provincial H3 and it is still tackier than my commercial one. The provincial H3 is one and a half years old and the commercial is 5 months.
I think you are right about hitting through the rubber. Also Neo version is a waste. Either play unboosted or boost a regular rubber normally. The price difference is enough to buy a can of Haifu.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020
Read 3 reviews

thank you

No, if you don‘t boost H3 Ma Long will come to your place and arrest you. You will get life sentence minumum!

Jokes aside: do whatever you like! 😉

Sep 2019

No, if you don‘t boost H3 Ma Long will come to your place and arrest you. You will get life sentence minumum!

Jokes aside: do whatever you like! 😉

That was a good one though.
Im not sure still. I guess I should just stick with tensor rubbers as before but on the other side I still want to give a try for Chinese rubbers especially h3 bs.

This user has no status.

I watched the video. Your technique is fine mostly. But (respectfully) the 13 year olds in my school team would wreck you(probably because they are top ten in Beijing). It’s very hard to use H3 well and practicing will probably help. Good luck!