The Pro's Equipment - Discussion!

This user has no status.
A little question, probably not new here, maybe even obsolete, but I'll ask it anyway: When did FZD change his Viscaria with Stiga handles to a real Viscaria? In the China trials for WTT, in the finals he was playing with a Viscaria (I think), here comes the picture:
001.jpg
Thanks in advance for any answer 😁

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2020
A little question, probably not new here, maybe even obsolete, but I'll ask it anyway: When did FZD change his Viscaria with Stiga handles to a real Viscaria? In the China trials for WTT, in the finals he was playing with a Viscaria (I think), here comes the picture:
001.jpg
Thanks in advance for any answer 😁
From an Instagram post by 247tabletennis, FZD had ended his contract with Stiga, therefore he switched handles.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
I think the Joola Dynaryz ZGR is similar to the D09c but possibly even harder. Should be on par with a 41-42 deg H3 on hardness. He totally could use it on forehand. Backhand sounds a bit difficult and Zhou Qihao while has a superb forehand his BH is just OK at best. On the other hand I haven't seen many CNT (attacking) players use non Hurricane on their forehand. Last one I saw was Zhu Yuling with Tenergy 05 Hard so I'm more skeptical about the rubber than the blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Seems like Zhou Qihao has a contract with Joola. I wonder if he really will use the Freeze blade with ZGR on backhand? Or it will be just like LJK and FZD and using only the joola handle.

Is this recent? When ZQH beat ML and FZD a few months ago he was using Butterfly LGY ALC

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
I think the Joola Dynaryz ZGR is similar to the D09c but possibly even harder. Should be on par with a 41-42 deg H3 on hardness. He totally could use it on forehand. Backhand sounds a bit difficult and Zhou Qihao while has a superb forehand his BH is just OK at best. On the other hand I haven't seen many CNT (attacking) players use non Hurricane on their forehand. Last one I saw was Zhu Yuling with Tenergy 05 Hard so I'm more skeptical about the rubber than the blade.

I'm not sure that hybrid rubbers with a hardness of about 55 esn are similar to hurricanes 3 40 degrees. I think hurricane is much harder. Here this review of a pair of hybrid rubbers and hurricane 3 from tt11 shows that hurricane 3 is significantly harder than other rubbers ( It is 63 degrees on their scale) . This is probably a commercial version, but blue sponge would be even harder.
So it is possible to use use hybrid rubber on the backhand.
https://youtu.be/IPpEuIsYshY

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018

Is this recent? When ZQH beat ML and FZD a few months ago he was using Butterfly LGY ALC

This is from last night I think, quite recent.

I'm not sure that hybrid rubbers with a hardness of about 55 esn are similar to hurricanes 3 40 degrees. I think hurricane is much harder. Here this review of a pair of hybrid rubbers and hurricane 3 from tt11 shows that hurricane 3 is significantly harder than other rubbers ( It is 63 degrees on their scale) . This is probably a commercial version, but blue sponge would be even harder.
So it is possible to use use hybrid rubber on the backhand.
https://youtu.be/IPpEuIsYshY

All my kudos to TT11 guys, but I don't really trust their measurements. On some hybrid rubbers ESN specifies 2 hardness. On Tibhar K2 they spec 54 deg and 40-40,5 deg I believe. Don't burn me if I'm off by a degree it was a long time since I saw the package but I clearly remember it stating 2 hardness numbers.

K2 does feel about the same hardness as a 40deg H3 orange.
You mention blue sponge is harder, it has special hardness up to 42.5 or 43 degrees, but the 40 deg BS I used doesn't feel harder than K2, in fact it probably feels softer. It's a bit confusing that the H3 sponges are more dead and less bouncy than hybrid rubbers, but that is not to be confused with hardness.
I would trust ESN on their hardness measurement over TT11 or my senses.

But surely he could be using it on his backhand, I just doubt it. There are Joola rubbers more similar to D05. We will see.

This user has no status.
This is from last night I think, quite recent.

All my kudos to TT11 guys, but I don't really trust their measurements. On some hybrid rubbers ESN specifies 2 hardness. On Tibhar K2 they spec 54 deg and 40-40,5 deg I believe. Don't burn me if I'm off by a degree it was a long time since I saw the package but I clearly remember it stating 2 hardness numbers.

K2 does feel about the same hardness as a 40deg H3 orange.
You mention blue sponge is harder, it has special hardness up to 42.5 or 43 degrees, but the 40 deg BS I used doesn't feel harder than K2, in fact it probably feels softer. It's a bit confusing that the H3 sponges are more dead and less bouncy than hybrid rubbers, but that is not to be confused with hardness.
I would trust ESN on their hardness measurement over TT11 or my senses.

But surely he could be using it on his backhand, I just doubt it. There are Joola rubbers more similar to D05. We will see.

TT11 has a durometer scale c, they us it to measure the hardness of the rubbers. Scale c is almost equivalent to esn scale hardness, so we can assume that hurricane 3 has a esn hardess of about 63

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020

TT11 has a durometer scale c, they us it to measure the hardness of the rubbers. Scale c is almost equivalent to esn scale hardness, so we can assume that hurricane 3 has a esn hardess of about 63

H3 at 40-degrees is equivalent to ESN at approx. 53-degrees. See the conversion chart below.

The complicating factor with TT11 (or anyone else) doing their own measurements is that, unless they separate the sponge and the rubber and measure the sponge hardness separately, they're not measuring the same thing as the hardness stated by manufacturers. When manufacturers claim a hardness of, for example, 48-degrees, they're making that claim for the sponge only (ie. excluding the topsheet). Obviously the rubber (ie. topsheet) is the harder of the two components and so if you measure the combined 'unit' (ie. sponge + topsheet) you'll get a higher reading than for the sponge alone.

I have no reason to doubt TT11's reporting of H3 at 63-degrees, but then that must be for the combined 'unit' (ie. sponge + topsheet) and is thus not an apples-with-apples comparison to the other rubbers tested in their review.

Durometer%20Conversion%20Table%20Image%20png.png

Reactions: Attitude