looking for more comparison with Nittaku/Donic/... 3 star ball

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Great review Matt, it seems table tennis is going to be a lot more of a physical sport. Making the sport more physical may also be better viewing for the general public. It won't make things look so easy like everyone says. I have non tt friends who say, you don't need to move to play table tennis bla bla'. So making things more physical may help things a lil.

Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: Rajah*
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
I did do a wobble test yes but my filming of it was tragic so I didn't include it. The seamed poly balls seem to be of a reasonable shape, no major distortions. I remember the seamless Palio balls I tried a while back and they were pretty bad. All in all it looks pretty good, it's definitely not doomsday for table tennis yet ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 34 reviews
From what we have heard from a large group of international players or those who have tried multiple plastic balls the common opinion seems to be that the DHS 3 star plastic ball is the best one to use so far, it was definitely Matt's best pick and he has tried quite a few of them.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2013
Read 6 reviews
Thanks to TT11.com, i received the DHS 3 Star balls yesterday...was trying out with my partner...and as everyone said..its slow...need some time to adjust...you have to hit hard to make it thru...since speed went down...control goes up...if u have the skills and correct technique...the opponents pricey rubber sheet wont matter...so this brings table tennis more closer to physical workouts...

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I would recommend instead using the XSF ITTF approved ball. It is rounder, has a bounce more like celluloid, and has much better playing properties. It is still slower and less spinny but the bounce is more predictable and it messes up your timing less than the others. I have spent a lot of time in the last two months with 40+ balls. I have tried Joola, DHS, DF, several versions of XSF, Nittaku SHA, and most recently TSP (which I have heard is made by DF). My conclusion is that the Chinese seamed balls are still pretty bad (mainly because of deviations from roundness, fragility, and very low bounce). I have also based my conclusions on comments from three former US team members who play at my club and who try these balls as I received them. The earlier versions of XSF seamless balls were really awful, so I was very skeptical about the whole concept of seamless balls, but the latest ITTF version is not the same as what they were producing a few months back. In North America they are sold by Pingpoing Depot, a Canadian company (used to be Table Tennis Pioneers). I don't sell balls or equipment (unlike at least one commenter on this thread), have no commercial interest in any TT company or manufacturing process, and have no connection to Pingpong Depot. So this is an unbiased review.

Last edited: