SDC Handmade Blades

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
One of the weirdest blades I ever made. The wood plies are all made from Kiri, which is pretty uncommon, and the composite layer is Diolen, providing good dampening. This all adds up to what might be the slowest outer fiber ever. It's so weird, you get the same sweetspot and stability you'd expect from a blade with this structure, but the ball just doesn't go! I think this will be very good to some of the unorthodox players out there. Adding to that, there's the Vis shaped flared handle made from cork, which is a first to me too.

Available FS.

- Kiri / Diolen / Kiri / Kiri / Kiri / Diolen / Kiri
- 67.8g
- 5.85mm
- 157x150mm
- FL (101x25-23mm)
- 882Hz
- Balance: 3.9cm (High)

538%201%20jpg.jpeg

538%202%20jpg.jpeg

538%203%20jpg.jpeg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Cork handle, durability???

Cheers
L-zr

You have a fair point, and I was suspicious at first too, so I made sure I wasn't kind on it during the building process. If it was able to withstand a router bit rotating at more than 22000rpm and some aggressive sanding, I think it will handle normal use just fine.

Reactions: PingBirdPong
Hi I'm new here,I've had my blade for over 10 years,i couldn't use anything else!!!! I Have an American Hiniki WRC 9mm it has a cork handle and I love it!!!! It's moulds to your hands never slips out of your hand how ever long you are using it for. My blade has split but I glued it back together,hoping for another 10 years use !!! Do you make blades out one piece of wood??? Would love another Western Red Cedar blade with a cock handle!!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Hi I'm new here,I've had my blade for over 10 years,i couldn't use anything else!!!! I Have an American Hiniki WRC 9mm it has a cork handle and I love it!!!! It's moulds to your hands never slips out of your hand how ever long you are using it for. My blade has split but I glued it back together,hoping for another 10 years use !!! Do you make blades out one piece of wood??? Would love another Western Red Cedar blade with a cock handle!!!!

Unfortunately I don't make one ply blades, I still wasn't able to source good quality material to make them.

• Sad
Reactions: Haraold
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011

Are you able to make a copy of Butterfly joo sae hyuk blade ?

The JSH blade has a couple of wood layers which are very hard to find (maybe that's why it was discontinued by Butterfly), the composition is nothing like what's commonly written. I can substitute those layers for similar woods I do have, but the result won't be exactly the same.

Reactions: Slow
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022

The JSH blade has a couple of wood layers which are very hard to find (maybe that's why it was discontinued by Butterfly), the composition is nothing like what's commonly written. I can substitute those layers for similar woods I do have, but the result won't be exactly the same.

Is it going to be a defensive blade if you use the other woods?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011

Is it going to be a defensive blade if you use the other woods?

I wouldn't call the JSH a defensive blade in the first place, at least not considering its speed. The JSH can be as fast, if not faster, than a Korbel for example, the key point is the larger head size. So, is it going to be a defensive blade? Sure, if you use it for that purpose.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022

I wouldn't call the JSH a defensive blade in the first place, at least not considering its speed. The JSH can be as fast, if not faster, than a Korbel for example, the key point is the larger head size. So, is it going to be a defensive blade? Sure, if you use it for that purpose.

Ok thx :)

Reactions: hipnotic