What is the best alternative for Tenergy 05?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
What about Andro Rasant Grip ?

I have heard great things about this rubber. I have not tried it. I do think I heard it was heavy. But aside from that what I heard is very positive feedback. Maybe PowerGrip is the one that is really heavy but I have heard really good things about the Rasant rubbers.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I really don 't think that there is one yet.Some people say that xiom vega pro, donic acuda s1 and even calibra LT have a somehow similar way of play(maybe a little less spin) and they are all cheaper.As for xiom some reviews say that after the first week of play is a completely different rubber cause it loses a lot of it's spin and speed.So IMHO other than it 's price tenergy is still the best thing there is right now

You are absolutely right about Xiom losing its spin rather quickly. I love the feel of it on my bh for the most part. When brand new it works like a dream on the fh. Open ups, loops, and loop drives are outstanding. But I play frequently (5-6 X's a week) with my club buddies. After about 3 weeks, no matter how clean you keep, it losses it's tack and subsequent spin (Xiom Omega 4 pro).

says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
I have here on the training a issue with Omega V Euro ... i accidentally touch my knee with the rubber and the rubber get sweat on to it... i have cleaned it of course but the grip was 50% ... and the ball goes down and i was unable to do open ups with it ...
So i try one more time clean it with water and sponge but it did not help ...I was really pissed about it and was thinking to throw the rubber out after three weeks ... but then i clean it with olive oil and the grip is back .... it was just some kind of dirt from the sweat which can not be removed only by water it self ..... try this, maybe it will help you like it helps me.

This user has no status.
I have here on the training a issue with Omega V Euro ... i accidentally touch my knee with the rubber and the rubber get sweat on to it... i have cleaned it of course but the grip was 50% ... and the ball goes down and i was unable to do open ups with it ...
So i try one more time clean it with water and sponge but it did not help ...I was really pissed about it and was thinking to throw the rubber out after three weeks ... but then i clean it with olive oil and the grip is back .... it was just some kind of dirt from the sweat which can not be removed only by water it self ..... try this, maybe it will help you like it helps me.

Thanks. I'll try it.

This user has no status.

How did you clean it with olive oil? Can I get some instructions from you on how to do this.

says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
I have heard great things about this rubber. I have not tried it. I do think I heard it was heavy. But aside from that what I heard is very positive feedback. Maybe PowerGrip is the one that is really heavy but I have heard really good things about the Rasant rubbers.

PowerGrip should be lighter in weight than the normal Rasant Grip, because whenever Andro puts Power in front of the rubber name, it means the same as the FX-version of Butterfly rubbers, that it's softer and more springy :)

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
PowerGrip should be lighter in weight than the normal Rasant Grip, because whenever Andro puts Power in front of the rubber name, it means the same as the FX-version of Butterfly rubbers, that it's softer and more springy :)

Not this time. Andro use Powersponge for their softer versions. Rasant Powergrip (50 degrees) is the hard version of Rasant Grip (45 degrees). Slightly confusing, I agree.

Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
Not this time. Andro use Powersponge for their softer versions. Rasant Powergrip (50 degrees) is the hard version of Rasant Grip (45 degrees). Slightly confusing, I agree.

Damn! I wasn't awere of that.. Thanks :)

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
How did you clean it with olive oil? Can I get some instructions from you on how to do this.
I just place two drops on to the center of the rubber then just paint it with finger over the area ,just make a light massage on this place and then just wipe it down with clean sponge ... the rest which can not be removed it just dried out ( or soaked in) in a few seconds. this all just take one or two minutes.

This user has no status.
I just place two drops on to the center of the rubber then just paint it with finger over the area ,just make a light massage on this place and then just wipe it down with clean sponge ... the rest which can not be removed it just dried out ( or soaked in) in a few seconds. this all just take one or two minutes.

Thanks. I'm going to try it!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2015
Read 4 reviews
i believe a good alternative to tenergy 05 is donic bluefire cause it also has good spin and it is better than tenergy because it has more control

Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
i believe a good alternative to tenergy 05 is donic bluefire cause it also has good spin and it is better than tenergy because it has more control

Better for someone, worse for someone else.. Personal preference matters :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Since we just had this discussion on a different thread but also fits perfectly here, and i don't want to do free advertisement I'm just gonna quote Jabugo here:

...Regarding Tenergy for backhand, T05 is the standout. Other Tenergy rubbers can be substituted with other brands, but T05 does not have a substitute.

And this after almost 10 years that T05 was first released.