Table tennis at the Commonwealth Games-2022

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019

Table tennis at the Commonwealth Games-2022 - table tennis competition at the 2022 Commonwealth Games, which will be held from July 29 to August 8 at the National Exhibition Center in Solihull. Eleven sets of medals were awarded: in team, doubles and singles for men and women, mixed doubles and Men's and Women's Singles in Women's & Men's EAD Singles – Open Wheelchair & Standing (Para Table Tennis).

Reactions: TTHopeful
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019

Table tennis at the Commonwealth Games - are held at Commonwealth Games as an additional sport since 2002, with singles and doubles events for both men and women. The Wheelchair Games have also become a spin-off event for Elite Athletes with Disabilities (EAD) since the incorporation of Paralympic sports in 2002. In 2018, Paralympic categories were held in classes 6 - 10 (TT6-10) for men and women, in 2022 2 more categories were added in 3 - 5 (TT3-5) for men and women.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

Table tennis at the Commonwealth Games-2022 - table tennis competition at the 2022 Commonwealth Games, which will be held from July 29 to August 8 at the National Exhibition Center in Solihull. Eleven sets of medals were awarded: in team, doubles and singles for men and women, mixed doubles and Men's and Women's Singles in Women's & Men's EAD Singles – Open Wheelchair & Standing (Para Table Tennis).

are there any life broadcasts or videos to watch ? and if yes how and where please

says Rozena! You complete me.
Mar 2021

Currently in the stands watching Nigeria vs Malaysia and Canada vs Singapore!

Aruna just put on a masterclass!

Malaysia put up some fight. We lost 2-3 to Nigeria. The final match is btw Aruna ( WR #15 ) vs Chong Javern ( Unranked ) 3 - 1. Malaysia is not know as a TT powerhouse whereas Nigeria is. Hence we put up a good fight.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Malaysia put up some fight. We lost 2-3 to Nigeria. The final match is btw Aruna ( WR #15 ) vs Chong Javern ( Unranked ) 3 - 1. Malaysia is not know as a TT powerhouse whereas Nigeria is. Hence we put up a good fight.

Indeed a good fight.
Malaysia isn't too bad, If you take out Aruna, then its pretty close.
Malaysia took the doubles, and that is the key.

The new OG version of teams event (doubles 1st up) makes it so challenging.
So for Nigeria to play Aruna in 2 singles, he had to play 2 and 5.
Now imagine if Malaysia took match 4 and win 3-1, with Aruna not playing his second....

Other than doubles head up, the home/away toss is so crucial. You either get your number to play 2 - 4, or 2 - 5.
So Nigeria after loosing the double and match 3, was in extreme high pressure.

NDH

says Spin to win!

It was a good match! Your players played well.

The first round of matches were much better than the second.

Malaysia and Canada put up stiffer resistance over Nigeria and Singapore, compared with Cyprus and Bangladesh getting blown away by England and India.

I reckon it’ll be an an India vs England final!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

Have to say, the Malay girls are doing even better - taking out India (reigning champs).
Now Wales and Malay is next, have respect for both of them....
Wales, putting they strongest player 1 and 3 (doubles and match 3), and so far that youngster has won everything (speaking under correction)

Mar 2021
3ECB67E0%207676%204F12%20AA2A%2026BC5691F101%20jpeg.jpeg

Team Malaysia ( Women ) was stopped by Gandalf, oops, I meant to say Team Singapore towards their dream of getting a TT Team Gold Medal.

But for Team Malaysia to reach the final is quite akin to the Jamaican Bobsleigh team reaching the finals of the said event.

We are so so so much the underdog.

Feng Tianwei is ITTF WR#16 and her opponent Alice is WR #3XX
Zeng Jian is WR#60 and her opponent is WR # 5XX

There is just too much gap in skill level.

So, the final verdict is: I am very proud of my fellow countrywomen.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Australia taking the doubles 3-0 looking forward to watch Anne Hursey next !!!! Should be a brilliant match!!!! The Australian lady should win !!!! Good luck Anne Hursey!!!!

why did they took Anne out of doubles?
its like 4 - 1 in wins when she is in doubles.
this new format, doubles is so crucial