TenniRobo vs Joola Infinity

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 1 reviews
I am also seriously considering a robot and these two are ones on my list. I am finding the points and details in this posting very interesting and insightful. One question. As the Tennirobo can be affixed to a tripod, can a catch net be used at the same time. I see a challenge if the height of the robot has to exceed the height of the net as obviously the ball would be projected at a much higher point. My robot use is going to be either use an robot/catch net system or a table or tripod robot with catch net. I like the idea of using a tripod but it may not practical for my usage. Any thoughts?

If you setup Tenni Robo at the center of the table, it is fairly easy to use a custom made catching net, just like the one in the picture.
TENNIROBO2.jpg

While the basic advantage of Tenni Robo is that you can place it at any position you want, a critical question arises: Let's say you program your own drill. How does the software "know" where to land the balls on the table, since the setup position of the robot is not fixed?

I e-mailed the guy that makes Tenni Robo and that is the answer that I got:

Tennirobo doesn't know where is it located (it is almost impossible to calculate ball landing place depending on robot's location). You create a drill in such way:

- mount the robot to the required location and height
- create a shot with a few trials: select spin, head's incline and try a shot with selected speed (there is a sample shot button available in the app). Usually it requires 2-4 attempts for the first shot, then you know approximatelly spped for all next balls. The digital measurement of all ball parameters helps a lot, because after some time you can predict how much speed and speed should be

- create other shots

- save drill. When you are saving a shot or a drill, the app asks you to show current robot's location (zones near the table and on the table) - just tap on the zone in the app
When you are loading a shot/drill, you can filter them by zones (show only shots for selected robot's zone location)

So in essence, you place the robot where you want, and then by trial and error you find yourself the correct power, spin, trajectory etc. That is not very convenient....

But if placing the robot everywhere you want is an absolute "must", then maybe making a custom made holder for Infinity that you can mount it on, enables it to be just as mobile as Tenni Robo.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
If you setup Tenni Robo at the center of the table, it is fairly easy to use a custom made catching net, just like the one in the picture.
View attachment 21285

While the basic advantage of Tenni Robo is that you can place it at any position you want, a critical question arises: Let's say you program your own drill. How does the software "know" where to land the balls on the table, since the setup position of the robot is not fixed?

I e-mailed the guy that makes Tenni Robo and that is the answer that I got:

Tennirobo doesn't know where is it located (it is almost impossible to calculate ball landing place depending on robot's location). You create a drill in such way:

- mount the robot to the required location and height
- create a shot with a few trials: select spin, head's incline and try a shot with selected speed (there is a sample shot button available in the app). Usually it requires 2-4 attempts for the first shot, then you know approximatelly spped for all next balls. The digital measurement of all ball parameters helps a lot, because after some time you can predict how much speed and speed should be

- create other shots

- save drill. When you are saving a shot or a drill, the app asks you to show current robot's location (zones near the table and on the table) - just tap on the zone in the app
When you are loading a shot/drill, you can filter them by zones (show only shots for selected robot's zone location)

So in essence, you place the robot where you want, and then by trial and error you find yourself the correct power, spin, trajectory etc. That is not very convenient....

But if placing the robot everywhere you want is an absolute "must", then maybe making a custom made holder for Infinity that you can mount it on, enables it to be just as mobile as Tenni Robo.
From the owner's response, with the TenniRobo, one "saves" the location of the robot then adjust the software for shot and speed location. If there pre-configured drills and this is an option, that would seem more desirable. The drills would be from a robot set location, logically one would assume in the center of the table. Being able to config your own saved shots/drills as an adjunct would seem beneficial.

A wise adage is never buy the first version. First version buyers are the true beta testers and give real play action tweaks and changes to be made in later versions. One can hope and assume the software would be able to updated easily making the corrections fast. I do believe a basket or bucket versus a minimum of a collection net will reduce the buyer market.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
So the only advantage is that TenniRobo is easier to move/handle? Because Joola can also do (as seen on the app movie) trial and error shot configured by raw parameters and chain them into a drill (or random sequence). BTW can TenniRobo do pure sidepin shot (90degrees according to nomenclature used by Joola)? I can't think of combination of speed of those 3 wheels that would yield pure sidespin :(

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 1 reviews
From the owner's response, with the TenniRobo, one "saves" the location of the robot then adjust the software for shot and speed location.

It's the other way around: FIRTST By trial and error you find the correct power,spin,trajectory etc for the drill you want to make. THEN you save the location.
But "location" is very relative in Tenni Robo's case. Don't forget that is mounted on a tripod. Tripods have also height adjustment, angle adjustment etc. You have to "remember" the exact height of the tripod, angle, position of the three legs, in order to be able to regenerate the exact drill at exactly the same points.

So the only advantage is that TenniRobo is easier to move/handle? Because Joola can also do (as seen on the app movie) trial and error shot configured by raw parameters and chain them into a drill (or random sequence). BTW can TenniRobo do pure sidepin shot (90degrees according to nomenclature used by Joola)? I can't think of combination of speed of those 3 wheels that would yield pure sidespin :(

I am almost certain that Tenni Robo can do pure side-spin. Can Infnity do it as well?
Also, do you know if Infinity uses BLDC motors os brushed ones?[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
I am almost certain that Tenni Robo can do pure side-spin. Can Infnity do it as well?
Also, do you know if Infinity uses BLDC motors os brushed ones?[FONT="] [/FONT]

I am not sure, but my engineering hunch tells me that with that particular 3 wheel setup you will have similar capabilities. If you want to have 45 left topspin rotation, the top left wheel will go forward and the bottom wheel will go backward. I guess if you wanted to have pure left sidespin you would have to contact the ball with the wheel on the left. I guess the -45 to +45 degrees is achieved bu modulating speed difference between right and left wheel. If that is not the case I would love to hear how it is supposed to work. Is the pure sidespin generated via speed difference between the top left and bottom wheel?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 1 reviews
I've bought Joola infinity so consider myself personally biased.

I am also interested in making a pre-order for Infinity. I know that at the price of 549$ they include shipping.
Do you know if custom charges are included as well?

I'm pretty sure that I've read somewhere that they cover custom charges, but now I can't find it anywhere now.... Have they deleted it?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
I am also interested in making a pre-order for Infinity. I know that at the price of 549$ they include shipping.
Do you know if custom charges are included as well?

I'm pretty sure that I've read somewhere that they cover custom charges, but now I can't find it anywhere now.... Have they deleted it?

Zrzut ekranu 2020-04-26 o 21.36.34.jpg
No you don't have to worry about taxes. That's why they added 50$ to the original 500$ shipping less price.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 1 reviews
Also remember if you are not satisfied with the spin capability, the motors or whatever you can get your moneyback 30days.

Yes exactly!
Looking it purely from an "investment" point of view, Infinity is a far better "value for money" choice:
Given that you don't mind waiting till December, Infinity costs 549$ and you get the robot, catching net and a box of 100 balls. After December, its price will be about 950$. That ensures that you will get your whole money back,in the case of resale. Joola is an established company, so customer service, support,future upgrades, spare parts etc are guaranteed.

Tenni Robo on the other hand, costs about 690$. On top of that, you have to pay for a tripod (40$-50$), custom made catching net (40-50$), and a box of 100 balls that Joola gives for free (50-60$)
That easily puts you in an area of about 850$. Service, support, upgrades, spare parts etc are surely not as guaranteed as in the case of Joola.
Moreover the resale value is not nearly as that of Joola...

I think that the greatest advantage of Tenni Robo is that it is available NOW, whereas for Infinity you have to wait till December.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
A point to remember with purchasing a new product without any history of heavy player usage. As good as a design and marketing for the Infinity, seldom does any new product, especially product with software, evolve without glitches. As long as one realizes they are the true beta testers, and is willing to accept that position, then go for it. One can be assured that newer, better and improved versions will shortly occur. The Infinity reminds me of how the Apple computer company blended looks with performance. They hit a sweet spot with their phones, watches. ipads and more and Apple went from a near defunct, bankrupt company to one of the world's biggest. I get a feeling this unity of looks (the Infinity does look outstanding) and performance may make this unit a winner combined with it's price point. It's really difficult for folks like me that want a robot now, that weigh the choice to wait or pull the trigger on a purchase. With Covid19 impacting and restricting play, robots can provide a semblance of simulated play. I'll bet there many more that are reading this post that feel the same.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 1 reviews
A point to remember with purchasing a new product without any history of heavy player usage. As good as a design and marketing for the Infinity, seldom does any new product, especially product with software, evolve without glitches. As long as one realizes they are the true beta testers, and is willing to accept that position, then go for it. One can be assured that newer, better and improved versions will shortly occur. The Infinity reminds me of how the Apple computer company blended looks with performance. They hit a sweet spot with their phones, watches. ipads and more and Apple went from a near defunct, bankrupt company to one of the world's biggest. I get a feeling this unity of looks (the Infinity does look outstanding) and performance may make this unit a winner combined with it's price point. It's really difficult for folks like me that want a robot now, that weigh the choice to wait or pull the trigger on a purchase. With Covid19 impacting and restricting play, robots can provide a semblance of simulated play. I'll bet there many more that are reading this post that feel the same.

If you want a robot now, I think that Tenni Robo is one of the best choices you can make. Go for it !!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
If you want a robot now, I think that Tenni Robo is one of the best choices you can make. Go for it !!
I like the TenniRobo a lot and especially the favorable experiences purchasers have expressed from the owner. I'm also enticed by the Infinity. As usually a definitive person, I'm still on the fence to wait for the Joola or commit now to the Tenniboro.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 1 reviews
I like the TenniRobo a lot and especially the favorable experiences purchasers have expressed from the owner. I'm also enticed by the Infinity. As usually a definitive person, I'm still on the fence to wait for the Joola or commit now to the Tenniboro.

There are a lot of factors to consider and you have to weigh which of them matter more for you.

My advice is that if you don't care about the price difference and resale value, go for Tenni-Robo