Wanting Advice on Equipment and Reviews of Equipment

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2021
Hey community,

I wish everybody is safe.

I am an intermediate allround player. intermediate = I can perform all strokes including the difficult ones (flicks etc) comfortably but not that consistently.

I need some expert advice on my next equipment purchase as I am currently not really satisfied with my setup which is as follows:

Blade: Butterfly Innerforce Layer ZLF. Weighs 92 grams.
Rubbers: Donic Baracuda Big Slam in 1,8 mm thickness both on forehand and backhand.

The reason why I am not satisfied is that I feel my setup is way too fast for my style of play. Multiple strokes send the balls outside of the table which doesn’t happen when using slower setup of friends.
I also require more dwell time, vibration and overall feel especially from the blade.

I’m considering the Stiga allround CR WRB or the Andro TP Ligna All. I didn’t find much reviews on those so it would be great if someone could provide some feedback about those specific models. I’m leaning towards the Andro because of its lighter weight and as it’s slightly faster than the Stiga one? I am just worried if I get a too slow blade, it will be harder playing away from the table.

I am also considering getting thicker sponge rubbers to avoid the bottom out effect (actually happening in my setup) but don’t really know which ones would fit with best with those blades (If you’d recommend them)

Thanks and looking forward!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2021
Expert advice on equipment required

Hey community,

I wish everybody is safe.

I am an intermediate allround player. intermediate = I can perform all strokes including the difficult ones (flicks etc) comfortably but not that consistently.

I need some expert advice on my next equipment purchase as I am currently not really satisfied with my setup which is as follows:

Blade: Butterfly Innerforce Layer ZLF. Weighs 92 grams.
Rubbers: Donic Baracuda Big Slam in 1,8 mm thickness both on forehand and backhand.

The reason why I am not satisfied is that I feel my setup is way too fast for my style of play. Multiple strokes send the balls outside of the table which doesn’t happen when using slower setup of friends.
I also require more dwell time, vibration and overall feel especially from the blade.

I’m considering the Stiga allround CR WRB or the Andro TP Ligna All. I didn’t find much reviews on those so it would be great if someone could provide some feedback about those specific models. I’m leaning towards the Andro because of its lighter weight and as it’s slightly faster than the Stiga one? I am just worried if I get a too slow blade, it will be harder playing away from the table.

I am also considering getting thicker sponge rubbers to avoid the bottom out effect (actually happening in my setup) but don’t really know which ones would fit with best with those blades (If you’d recommend them)

Thanks and looking forward!

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Big slam means super soft means sucks.

Keep the blade, it's good. Change rubbers. Tenergy 19, T05, T80, take your pick. Or if you want to transition halfway at first, T80fx.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2021

Thanks. Just for reference. The xiom all round a is faster or slower than the Stiga allround classic? Do you know that?

I’m with Brs. According to butterfly this blade is as slow as it gets. I have an inneforce alc.s I rate it as off- at the most. The innerforce zlf is rated slower and my experience tells me that butterfly’s rating is accurate.
Go with a slower rubber first.

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
Honestly, the innerforce layer ZLF isnt too fast before throwing it down consider new rubbers, i'm not familiar with big slam but my personal favorite soft controlled tensor is Donic JP03, beautiful topsheet for punches and looping. Get it in MAX thickness as its so soft.
OR
Consider stepping to a non-tensor for now. Mark V is the best rubber to keep all shots well and slow down but is expensive, it can spin tho and that is often lacking in non-tensor.

Honestly, the innerforce layer ZLF isnt too fast before throwing it down consider new rubbers, i'm not familiar with big slam but my personal favorite soft controlled tensor is Donic JP03, beautiful topsheet for punches and looping. Get it in MAX thickness as its so soft.
OR
Consider stepping to a non-tensor for now. Mark V is the best rubber to keep all shots well and slow down but is expensive, it can spin tho and that is often lacking in non-tensor.

Donic JP03 is NOT a tensor.

The JP series is the fx series of the blue fire m line of rubbers, it's intended to be a catapult effect rubber.

Now it may not be a ESN tensor TM rubber but it is a T-05 FX substitute and has a catapult effect. I hope this clears it up!

I know very well what is what.

But there are a lot of readers here, who might not know.

And reading here that this rubber is a Tensor, they would start to tell and insist everywhere that it's a Tensor, because they have read that in the most popular and trusty TT forum.

That's not right.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2021
OR

I’m actually considering switching to hard rubbers to cancel the bottom out effect

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2021
Looking for an Andro TP Ligna All and Stiga all round classic CR WRB reviews

Hey guys,

I am looking for an Andro TP Ligna All (the new one) and Stiga all round classic CR WRB reviews as I am unable to find any online. I’m not talking about the Andro Ligna All+ nor the normal Stiga allround classic.

so please give me some feedback if you played with those blades in terms of weight, dwell time, feeling and so on.

Thanks!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
CR should be a bit harder and faster than regular all round classic. WRB will be head heavy.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Hey guys,

I am looking for an Andro TP Ligna All (the new one) and Stiga all round classic CR WRB reviews as I am unable to find any online. I’m not talking about the Andro Ligna All+ nor the normal Stiga allround classic.

so please give me some feedback if you played with those blades in terms of weight, dwell time, feeling and so on.

Thanks!

TP_Ligna ALL has a Well-made construction. Handle without edges suit small hands very well. Great control, enough speed for AllRound offensive players. Very lightweight blade: 73 gr my own’s. A fantastic “do it all” blade, in my opinion, the perfect “Do it most” blade to improve the technique. The Queen of versatility; depending on the needs can be mounted with tensioned or non-tensioned rubbers, always able to ensure good performance.

Last edited: