Is your club closed because of corona?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
that's an unorthodox approach Sweden is taking. We will see how it plays out..

Agree. Norway and Sweden are two very similar countries when it comes to culture etc but we've taken completely different measures so we'll see afterwards if the Norwegian measures made any huge difference.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Agree. Norway and Sweden are two very similar countries when it comes to culture etc but we've taken completely different measures so we'll see afterwards if the Norwegian measures made any huge difference.

I hope it will end up well. What Sweden is doing is trying to preserve the economy, but it can end up at the expanse of lives.. risky strategy. Sweden has a small number of hospital beds per capita compared to other countries. UK was trying to do the same, but they changed their strategy after some number crunching.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
I hope it will end up well. What Sweden is doing is trying to preserve the economy, but it can end up at the expanse of lives.. risky strategy. Sweden has a small number of hospital beds per capita compared to other countries. UK was trying to do the same, but they changed their strategy after some number crunching.

Countries are all different. Very few people smoke in Sweden and Norway (due to the usage of snus). Neither country has got a culture that involves hanging out at bars or pubs. Inter-generation living is extremely rare. Etc etc.

The strategy is to spread out the number of infected over many months. The economy has not been taken into account. Scientists runs this. Good or bad I don't know but as most Swedes I've got a very high confidence in our government and agencies.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Countries are all different. Very few people smoke in Sweden and Norway (due to the usage of snus). Neither country has got a culture that involves hanging out at bars or pubs. Inter-generation living is extremely rare. Etc etc.

The strategy is to spread out the number of infected over many months. The economy has not been taken into account. Scientists runs this. Good or bad I don't know but as most Swedes I've got a very high confidence in our government and agencies.

Oh yeah, I've tried snus. I got dizzy :D

I think that other countries try to achieve the same -to spread out the infection over a longer time period, but using a much more strict measures. I don't think that these countries believe that by a lock-down they can make the virus extinct all together (but I can be wrong...). Problem being that the results of a lock-down of the countries surrounding Sweden can be compromised when they end it if the virus is Sweden is still running free...

..as most Swedes I've got a very high confidence in our government and agencies.

that's why you are a happy country :)

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews

I do too but I feel the same about Norway. Stockholm is reasonably densely populated, and I think this is a mistake.

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
1436.png

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
I do too but I feel the same about Norway. Stockholm is reasonably densely populated, and I think this is a mistake.

People in Stockholm are behaving. The underground is almost deserted. Lots of white collars have been working remotely for 2-3 weeks (when quite a few big employers shut down the offices). We’re a very obedient people so we do what the authorities tells us to. Queuing with spacing is in our genes.

My mother is Norwegian so I get regular status updates. One big difference between the two countries is how much power the government has. Much more in Norway were they had existing laws that allowed them to shutdown the schools. The local autonomy is much higher in Sweden.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
People in Stockholm are behaving. The underground is almost deserted. Lots of white collars have been working remotely for 2-3 weeks (when quite a few big employers shut down the offices). We’re a very obedient people so we do what the authorities tells us to. Queuing with spacing is in our genes.

My mother is Norwegian so I get regular status updates. One big difference between the two countries is how much power the government has. Much more in Norway were they had existing laws that allowed them to shutdown the schools. The local autonomy is much higher in Sweden.

And I think that is the main difference - you have a population smart enough to take these things seriously - very few people I suspect will get sick and go and hide. Most will self-quarantine. It will be interesting to see the outcome and see whether central government controls would have improved the outcomes for you in this specific event.