Who do you think will win the Rio Olympics 2016?

• Ma Long

Votes: 106 67.1%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 34 21.5%
  • Dimitirj Ovtcharov

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Jun Mizutani

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Chuang Chih Yuan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wong Chun Ting

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Vladimir Samsonov

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • Jeoung Youngsik

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Marcos Freitas

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Just now it's 3:2 for Korea, 3:2 in the deciding match (SUH - SZOCS). It's a shame, it was an awesome match.

szocs played good, maybe little too impatient at the end, just saw the 10 final points. either that or she didnt understand the spin, seemed like a great effort

This user has no status.
Congrats to ML!
He played with much more calm: he doesn't show signs of anger like before. I was surprised to see that he won most BH to BH rallies. I think that had effect on ZJK's confidence and made him pivot more. Ma Long managed to restrict ZJK's BH flicks pretty well by regularly serving to small BH corner (when ZJK expected to flick a FH short ball) and by varying the placement of his pushes quickly and deceptively. In that last set, he seems so push short heavier backspins to the middle and FH corner, so he tricked ZJK's short game. What do you guys think?

I agree with you. ZJK is taken by surprised with MLs BH. We all know that ZJKs BH is his weapon. ML's power and BH to BH is what won him the gold. ZJK overshot many of his BH punches and made more unforced errors or forced errors how ever you want to see it. In my opinion ML knew exactly how to beat ZJK but ZJK didn't' prepare well for ML. Maybe he was relying on ML breaking down from his emotion but ML was 100% confident.

Reactions: matzreenzi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2015
Anybody recorded the match of Xiaona Shan vs Lily Zhang? Xiaona was incredible in her perfomance with such a dying
style of play, very impressive.

Reactions: eyepop
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Article in the nytimes talking about the players disatisfaction with the DHS balls in Rio.

This user has no status.
Anybody recorded the match of Xiaona Shan vs Lily Zhang? Xiaona was incredible in her perfomance with such a dying
style of play, very impressive.
Dude did you watch Feng Tianwei - Ni Xialian? It was an awesome display of penhold block, and Xialian even twiddled [emoji1]

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2015
Dude did you watch Feng Tianwei - Ni Xialian? It was an awesome display of penhold block, and Xialian even twiddled [emoji1]

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

I couldn't cause i think both matches were on at the same time damn would have been nice, that style is nice to watch, maybe they face each other in teams down the road.

Nvm i though she was playing her in teams she wasn't they already played :/ haha missed that one, ive seen her videos shes quite good Ni Xialian.

Last edited:
Reactions: eyepop
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Ma Longs pushes seem to be too long tonight. I think Aruna's backhand flick is better than the forehand so he should be pushing more to the forehand side.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Nigerians doubles pair faces as already saying "how much are we going to lose this by?"