Andro releases Rasanter R53

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Hey Vik,
Is R53 still a good alternative to boosted H3? Moreover,does R53 feel similar hardness to dignics 05?
Going from softer rubber to harder rubber there is no question you will be required to make higher quality shots. There simply can't be a rubber that gives you more spin on both out of position shots and in position shots. R53 simply was more tolerant of out of position shots than I thought a 53 degree rubber would offer.

Bear in kind though, I can't make a direct comparison because when I used R47, it was on a much stiffer blade like Treiber Z. I don't think I'd slap R53 on a stiff blade at this point.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
on a fast blade do you think 2,1 mm is more than enough for the rasanter r53 or is it hard to activate the speed and ultramax could be ok ?

i found r50 on my blade in 2,1 mm very fast ^^

says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Team mate of mine uses R53 in max, on a Treiber K blade. It’s very, very, very fast, and it takes quite the touch to open up safely, slowly and spinny on deep, tight, heavy backspin.

In counterspinning the pressure is more forceful than before (with T05). But pressure, however nice, does play second fiddle to actually landing the ball on the other half. At my level (and probably a few levels above mine) I’d say at max it’s crazy fast and nigh impossible to use it with sufficient consistency.

I’m saying that while handling Gold Arc 8/50 at 2.1mm just fine, albeit on a slightly less explosive blade.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
thank you very much, i will try it in 2.1mm and think this will be more than enough :) i write how it plays and if it was fast enought (what i think it will) ^^

Reactions: yoass
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2019
thank you very much, i will try it in 2.1mm and think this will be more than enough :) i write how it plays and if it was fast enought (what i think it will) ^^

I kind of wish it came in 2.1mm...but it's actually 2.0mm, but perhaps you can say "what is the difference in 0.01mm" :D If you do get the 2.0mm try to post the uncut weight if you can.

For me, at 2.3mm the issue with R53 is weight more than anything. Certainly it is not a 'forgiving' rubber....but there is so much spin that the speed is not really a huge issue unless you are constantly in a defensive position...which might be other issues.

It's not a 'brick' to play with and is quite lively for being 53 degrees, but this rubber does not give a lot of 'feedback'...so you really have to just trust your stroke, trust you are reading the incoming spin correctly and just swing through (brush looping/spinning the ball)

You will get punished if you try to 'tame' the speed or any hesitation. You must either be swinging through to get full its full speed and spin potential OR play specifically with more spin (more brush or more sponge) to control the speed and arc of the ball.

For 'touch' oriented shots like sidespin chop or getting a net ball and having to slice the ball back low and short or low and deep...I never felt this rubber as out of control. If you make an active stroke, the topsheet will grip the ball well and does what you want to do with the ball. Now if you are not good with touch oriented shots, certainly this rubber will not 'help out' because it is not forgiving.

I went from R53 to DNA Pro H and now re-glued R53 back and felt immediately better. But due to my total weight setup I might try 2.0mm next time.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
Can anybody compare the R53 to the Omega 7 Asia?

I am playing the O7A at the moment and i love this rubber, my only problem is that i would like it to be a little bit softer to have more feeling on slower loops. Everyone is saying that the R53 feels so soft, do you think i this would be better for me even though the O7A has nearly the same sponge hardness (52.5)?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
If this is better than dignics 05 then the price of R53 is very very reasonable. Can someone compare r53 to dignics please.
TT11 has pushed R53 into 4for3 category but it is still fairly expensive $54 (because Gauzy beat Xu Xin with it :rolleyes: )

Has anybody tried 1.7 mm? What's the weight?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Really, that is surprising. I didnt know gold arc 50 was that good like r53
I glued on a sheet of R53 (2.0) to replace my worn out Gold Arc 8/50° (2.1).

Playing with it for a few hours, I found (to my surprise) that they feel and play nearly indistinguishable to me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
"Feels like" and "as good as" are two different things for me.
They might feel similar, but I can´t imagine the maximum performance is anywhere near equal.
R53 also doesn´t feel widely different to R47, yet the potential is so much bigger.

But maybe that´s too theoretical.

(On a German forum, we have this discussion with t05 vs Vega Pro. The Vega with reduced catapult and good enough spin kinda "feels" like a t05 and can be used as a cheap "alternative" for lower league table tennis. But the potential is way different and above 5th league t05 is dominant and Vega non existent, and it´s not like those players wouldn´t prefer a cheap rubber over an expensive one if it was equal.)

Last edited:
Reactions: thomas.pong
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
"Feels like" and "as good as" are two different things for me.
They might feel similar, but I can´t imagine the maximum performance is anywhere near equal.
R53 also doesn´t feel widely different to R47, yet the potential is so much bigger.

But maybe that´s too theoretical.

Well, valid observations there. Yet, to me R53 (which I like, so far) does feel very different from R47 (that I didn't like all that much).

As to the strength in actual play, time will tell. I trained against a strong opponent, playing also a few matches. Pressure and shot quality were about equal; there was no notable gain in speed and spin between GA8/50 and R53. Counterspins were heavily loaded, landed deeply, kicked off the table, and blazingly fast. Slow and spinny, also equal. The short game, also; quite easy in both cases, also easy to vary spin. Flicks and flat hitting/countering perhaps a bit more punchy with R53, but if so then only slightly.

Maximum performance is a tough concept. I'm no Ma Long or anywhere near, but am capable of reaching the high gears of both — but so far, not with bottoming out when counterspinning.

Maybe GA8/50 is just underappreciated. Dunno. R53 is certainly a strong rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2019
I glued on a sheet of R53 (2.0) to replace my worn out Gold Arc 8/50° (2.1).
Playing with it for a few hours, I found (to my surprise) that they feel and play nearly indistinguishable to me.

I've been playing with R53 2.3mm on FH for about a month and for the first time (yesterday) R53 2.0mm on BH. I did flip it for a few hits using 2.0mm on FH and the speed is a notch or two slower. So I can certainly imagine GA8 2.1mm would have a similar speed/spin as R53 2.0.

Having never played GA8 (50) but using Joola Rhyzer 50 (2.3mm) previously, the speed was about the same if comparing R53 2.0mm and Rhyzer 50 2.3mm. But the spin on stronger shots with R53 2.0mm was heavier/faster (landing deeper). Spin on normal shots was about the same as Rhyzer 50. But for me, i can feel that R53 is much harder and firmer.

R53 shines when countering strong, heavy shots--> both counterlooping and active blocking. Rhyzer 50 performs great but R53 feels much more stable (against heavy loopers) and has more put-away power.

Reactions: BryanY and yoass
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Got a sheet of R53, black, ultramax today.

IMG_20200128_143214026.jpg

Top-to-bottom:

Hexer Powergrip SFX 2.1
Hexer Powergrip 2.1
Rasanter R47 Ultramax
Rasanter R53 Ultramax

Sponge porosity is very close to R47, but smaller than HPG. Topsheet looks very similar to R47, maybe the pip spacing is slightly wider for R53, hardly anything in it. Not as hard to the touch as 53 would suggest. The main difference is the tuner smell - R53 has the Bluefire/MX-P smell, whereas the rest of the Rasanter line does not. Which makes me wonder about how long it will last.