Butterfly announces new Sping Sponge X

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
Of course I don't beleive that there are such people here.

Ahah. Casually dropping bombs...

I had a look at the website you posted a link to, and it'd almost turn me off buying Xiom products. You'd think every Western-European looks like the guy in zeio's caption in their eyes, with Omega VII listed at 57.90€ RRP (36.81€ on tennisdiscount.eu), Vega Pro blade at 169.90€ (98.42), Feel S7 at 69.90€ (47.81), ZX2 at 149.90€ (106.35), and so on (all prices listed without any potential discounts).

... and then telling you "IMPORTANT! The XIOM products are available only for customers from BULGARIA!". I know average salaries are not the same (please don't take this as me being condescending - let's not get into politics, anyhow), but the products are and it does make you feel like they are milking the cow. At least, Butterfly do their best to shout loud and clear that they are ripping you off, no ambiguities there.

Are the prices much different on other Bulgarian websites?

Ahah. Casually dropping bombs...

I had a look at the website you posted a link to, and it'd almost turn me off buying Xiom products. You'd think every Western-European looks like the guy in zeio's caption in their eyes, with Omega VII listed at 57.90€ RRP (36.81€ on tennisdiscount.eu), Vega Pro blade at 169.90€ (98.42), Feel S7 at 69.90€ (47.81), ZX2 at 149.90€ (106.35), and so on (all prices listed without any potential discounts).

... and then telling you "IMPORTANT! The XIOM products are available only for customers from BULGARIA!". I know average salaries are not the same (please don't take this as me being condescending - let's not get into politics, anyhow), but the products are and it does make you feel like they are milking the cow. At least, Butterfly do their best to shout loud and clear that they are ripping you off, no ambiguities there.

Are the prices much different on other Bulgarian websites?

Of course this seller would not sell to other countrys.
I bought all my Xiom Vega Tour blades from Japan and they came here 20% cheaper including the transport than the low-cost Bulgaria. Can we asume that in Japan the salaries are lower than in Bulgaria?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
Of course this seller would not sell to other countrys.
I bought all my Xiom Vega Tour blades from Japan and they came here 20% cheaper including the transport than the low-cost Bulgaria. Can we asume that in Japan the salaries are lower than in Bulgaria?

Well, they do sell all other products EU-wide (see "shipping and returns"). Interesting that you still buy from Japan, though. Do you mind me asking, from which website and do you have to pay any tax duty at reception?

Also, the only reason I mentioned salaries is because I can't think of any other reason for the pricing policy. I have no interest whatsoever in being confrontational.

@zeio:
Ahah yes, and these days it is as though there was a "turning the other cheek" mentality, at the very least when compared to the US and the best part of Asia. Worse, I'm all for it! Silly ideals and whatnot. Ask me again about it when all we're left to eat is solar panels and regulation books.

Well, they do sell all other products EU-wide (see "shipping and returns"). Interesting that you still buy from Japan, though. Do you mind me asking, from which website and do you have to pay any tax duty at reception?

Also, the only reason I mentioned salaries is because I can't think of any other reason for the pricing policy. I have no interest whatsoever in being confrontational.

@zeio:
Ahah yes, and these days it is as though there was a "turning the other cheek" mentality, at the very least when compared to the US and the best part of Asia. Worse, I'm all for it! Silly ideals and whatnot. Ask me again about it when all we're left to eat is solar panels and regulation books.

No, I'm not buying from Japan any more, as this seller, well known, was banned for selling Xiom blades and do not offer them anymore, only the rubbers and now the rubbers are of price I would not take from them.
Everything is money and market interests. BTY sells cheape somewhere and more expensive in a poor Euro country, Xiom the opposite. And I'm following what is better for me - both for play quality and money matter.

Reactions: Ioiettino
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
No, I'm not buying from Japan any more, as this seller, well known, was banned for selling Xiom blades and do not offer them anymore, only the rubbers and now the rubbers are of price I would not take from them.
Everything is money and market interests. BTY sells cheape somewhere and more expensive in a poor Euro country, Xiom the opposite. And I'm following what is better for me - both for play quality and money matter.

Good for you. But then i don't get why you keep commenting on this thread. As you probably realized, it's not about your favourite brand, so why not just quit hijacking and derailing.
Do you think your posts that come across jealous and hateful might convince someone from not trying the new SSX sponge? Would you want to read these kinda posts on your f*cking ice cream threads? I don't think so.

Dude, get a life, seriously!
IsZKaVdj_400x400.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Because of some points in the artical, dude.
Can't you see them?
Its not me who started the pice war and its not me who compares Rozena to Bluestorm Z1.
Have nice holllydays

It's advertisement. Can't believe i really have to say this to a grown man.

So you really want me to rip those ice cream advertisings apart?

If you're trying to promote your favourite brand here, you've been doing a very bad job.
Wrong place, wrong time!

[Emoji2]

Happy holidays to U 2

This user has no status.
Butterfly owns half the market and they seem to do a lot of drawn out R&D for each product they release. I recently put T05 hard on my fh and its a very good product for me. If SSX is equal or better to what they have right now, it will definitely be a top seller. Now if one of the SSX products released have the much rumored tacky surface, then please take my money now. 2 cents added.

It's advertisement. Can't believe i really have to say this to a grown man.

So you really want me to rip those ice cream advertisings apart?

If you're trying to promote your favourite brand here, you've been doing a very bad job.
Wrong place, wrong time!

[Emoji2]

Happy holidays to U 2

Really?
The poster in the beginining is not an advertisement?
If you say its an announcement, my posts are announcements too.
people have to know the facts as they are, don't you think?
Why should I keep scilence?
Have I said something that is not true?
Did I manipulate product price and comparable category?
I don't think so.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Really?
The poster in the beginining is not an advertisement?
If you say its an announcement, my posts are announcements too.
people have to know the facts as they are, don't you think?
Why should I keep scilence?
Have I said something that is not true?
Did I manipulate product price and comparable category?
I don't think so.

Hahahaha. Whateva dude. If you ask me the motivation behind your posts is pretty off IMHO, but anyway just carry on, it's pretty entertaining in a way. So just keep on.
I already pointed out some of the differences between innovators and imitators.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Did you? Comparing Rozena with Bluestorm Z1?
And what the hack has Rozena to do with SSX?

What does this have to do with that?
It was an example. Nothing more nothing less.

But trying to reign on someone else's parade by accident is clumsy, but doing it purposely is whole new level and comes across pretty negative. That's pretty much the whole point.

Besides: i think ttpshot opened this thread for the ones that are interested in this and i don't think he opened it for trolls taking bad translations literally and making fun of 'em.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
Read 1 reviews
Suga D, you are missing one point - however good or bad Butterfly rubbers are - they are way overpriced. Not because Butterfly is that great, but because there are freaks who will pay any price for them. Point.

If Butterfly will manage to sell a sheet of Tenergy for 60 EUR, ESN will sell for 50. If Butterfly manages to sell SSX for 75 EUR, ESN will sell for 65.
Butterfly is screwing up the market for us consumers. Table tennis rubbers are getting more and more expensive while less and less durable. There is also no new R&D in Tenergies - it is a pure rip-off. If you like it, go on with it, if not, Boykott it. It is as easy as that, so both of you are kind of right.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Nah, Milan Nemec, i doubt the R&D team quit their jobs and stopped researching, developing and upgrading.

Don't get me wrong, i sure don't enjoy spending too much and don't have money to burn, but to me it's actually the other way around.
Investing in quality instead quantity is actually more of a saving to me. Especially when the product also lasts longer.

And as long as some pro players trade their pro version rubbers for shop version tenergies there's not much convincing me.

[Emoji2]