says Not for sale, I liked it actually
May 2018
I only tried it on FH.

1. Is heavy but not as heavy as 05h.

Initial impression: (unboosted)

1. The rubber is alright, the short game feels like h3 but in top spin to top spin rally it lacks both spin and speed. The throw is high and the kick is not strong. It's unimpressive to say. T05h (boosted) or a t05(brand new) is much better in this regard.

2. This rubber is not h3, the dwell/grip is higher compare to any bty rubbers but it's not like h3. What do I mean? Well for example. If my opponent did a good quality spinny slow opening against a spinny backspin. With h3 I can wait the ball to go down and loop it with full strength. Obviously that shot is a big no no in any BTY rubbers. D09c could do it but not as easy as h3.

3. Heavy, i don't like it. It's a heavy rubber, h3 is much lighter. This rubber could easily put your racket above 185g.

Overall I feel like this rubber needs to be boosted.

(after 4 thin layer of falco tempo long)

Impression after the boost:

1. The rubber become much livelier.
2. More control and more speed.
3. One thing that's better than my old rubber (t05/t05h) is I can hit the ball right off the bounce.

Example:
https://youtu.be/irw3h_40jto?t=425

In the above video I was doing a drill that I do every practice. With t05/t05h if I hit with the timing above, sometimes the ball will weirdly go down the net/overshoot. With 09c I can be confident and hit the ball right off the bounce with speed and spin.

With boost the short game is like h3 and the top spin is like t05 trajectory. It's still not h3 though, h3 boosted will have a low throw and an insane amount of kick. D09c doesn't behave like that. That said, d09c boosted is easier to play with compare to h3 boosted which is already a big plus.

Overall:
- The rubber is on the heavy side of things so I have to watch the weight. (I try to keep it below 185g, at my level i'm playing at a higher speed and the racket weight makes a difference in high speed rally).
- This rubber allow me to play more aggressive close to the table.
- It has better short game than d05/t05/t05h of all which i tried on my FH.
- It service is no difference to me, I can generate spin regardless of the rubber so it's a neutral aspect.
- I've boosted dignics before and I can attest that the boosting effect with falco tempo long is forever. It softens the rubber and it will play differently indefinitely. That means you will have a rubber that is stable throughout the lifespan. You can focus on your technique and improve. Tenergies have a performance drop after the topsheet wear out (2~3 weeks) while h3 requires stronger booster and boosting effect doesn't last forever. For this point and this point alone, I decide to play d09c on my FH. It's much more important to have a stable rubber where I can improve my technique upon than to have a better rubber temporarily and always think about how to get the "best" rubber.

Lastly, on price. Yes it's supposingly 93.99 in my country (USA). But if you buy from prott.vip and bundle it up others it will average out around $75/sheet which is within my tolerance for the lifespan of dignics.

*Note the weight makes no difference whether its boosted or not. I weigh it. That is because after boost the rubber expand and you need to cut down the excess rubber anyways, this result in a decrease of weight which cancel out the oil weight.

Last edited:
Reactions: sampletext
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2020
I haven't used 09C yet, but based on these reviews, especially the second one, it really does seem to be almost identical to the Yasaka Rakza Z. I would give this exact same review for that rubber. There may be a small speed differential on hard shots though.

May 2018
Hi,
thanks for the review.
were you testing the un-boosted 09C against boosted H3, and was it H3 Nat blue sponge?

I tried both boost and unboost 09c. My first part of the review is almost independent of h3. The only thing i talked about compare to h3 is the grip which is less. The boosting effect only affect the top spin top spin rally. It makes the rubber easier to play with which is very important. The whole reason why t05 is such a grail is because it does so much for you even if you are out of position.

the h3 i tried is indeed the blue nat boosted.

Last edited:
says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Hi,
I have 1.9 mm red 09C un boosted and 2.2mm black H3 Nat blue sponge 41 degree un boosted.
The spring sponge X makes the 09C much more livelier than the H3 Nat, so 2.1mm 09C would be even more bouncy. This means the 09C is faster than the H3 for less effort.
09C does have good short touch but not like H3, you have to be far more careful with your touch shots, a very light touch is needed because of the spring sponge, with H3 you have to use more force as H3 is ‘dead’ in comparison.
i have never used TO5, I have a sheet of T80 FX and I agree that this is livelier than the 09C. So it’s easier for touch play with 09C than T80FX but both are harder to play touch shots than H3.

I’ve only ever boosted 1 sheet of Standard H3, never boosted any other rubbers.
i now have a spare sheet of H3 Nat and will be applying 2 possibly 3 layers of Falco long term booster over the next few days.
From what happened after boosting the STD H3, I’m expecting the boosted H3 Nat play closer to un boosted 09C as far as speed is concerned.

For myself I find the H3 un boosted easier to play than the un boosted 09C on my forehand side and the 09C better for my Backhand!!!!!
any more info on a comparison between H3 boosted and 09C boosted would be very appreciated.

May 2018
I agree, D09c is actually really excellent for the backhand.

I would agree but at 44 degree hardness it is simply too heavy. If they release d09c at 40degree like d05 aka simliar weight then I can see a justification on putting d09c on bh.

May 2018
Get a tibhar k2. It is a cheaper D09C.

All these ESN are like german cars. They drive great for the first 3 years (aka for the first few weeks) but they age terribly. Dignics easily out live any ESN by a large margin. It's actually cheaper to have dignics over ESNs.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
All these ESN are like german cars. They drive great for the first 3 years (aka for the first few weeks) but they age terribly. Dignics easily out live any ESN by a large margin. It's actually cheaper to have dignics over ESNs.

And you make this conclusion after trying the Butterfly for how long?

K2 is a great rubber. Tibhar comes out with a hard and tacky rubber to compete with H3 that is actually hard and tacky. Not like all the other in-betweener huddlers/trend followers.

More durable than Spinart, and I would say almost as durable as a good sheet of H3.

May 2018
And you make this conclusion after trying the Butterfly for how long?

K2 is a great rubber. Tibhar comes out with a hard and tacky rubber to compete with H3 that is actually hard and tacky. Not like all the other in-betweener huddlers/trend followers.

More durable than Spinart, and I would say almost as durable as a good sheet of H3.

I tried a bunch before I stick with BTY. Initially i thought bty is expensive so I tried yasaki,xiom,mxp,dhs. At the end of the day, bty provides the best rubbers. Their rubbers are stable with long life span.

H3 is durable as in it's durable to chipping, but a boosted h3 i can bubble it within 3 weeks easy.

May 2018
Would you say H3 has more spin than 09c?

At lower gear 09c more spinny, anything else h3 more spinny and faster.

One thing people always forget. Speed = distance / time. H3 have a lower throw and sharper catapull. The distant h3 cover is much lower than any euro/bty rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
For me the playing-characteristic of Dignics 09C is far away from H3. This does not mean that one of them is better than the other. They are simply different. Besides the tackiness D09C has nothing else to do with H3. One player will say that he definitely prefers the H3, the other one (like me) would say that the Dignics fits much better to his game.

Personally I am used to European (ESN Tensor) or Japanese (Butterfly Spring Sponge) rubbers. For a long time I used medium hard rubbers between 42 and 45°. In the last 2 years I switched to the harder versions like Nexus EL Pro 48 or 50, Rhyzer Pro 50, T05 and T05 Hard. From time to time I tried out different versions of the H3 (Commercial, Provincial, National, Neo and Non-Neo, boosted and unboosted), but besides the annoying boosting-process I also did not get used to any H3. Maybe I am too silly to understand this rubber.

When I tried out the D09C, it was a pleasure from the first moment on. Of course the feeling was different (for example compared with T05, T05 Hard or Dignics 05), but nevertheless I had no problems in any part. This rubber is very spinny, has lots of control and enough power for attacking.

In the last weeks I tested my new blades (from "hipnotic") side by side with different rubber-combinations. Fortunately several of the harder rubbers fit to this blade and I am be able to play with most of them. But up to last week none of the tested rubbers had a similar feeling like D09C (for me the first choice on my backhand) - until I tested the Nittaku Sieger PK 50 three days ago (with my robot). This is the first rubber, which has similar playing-skills like the D09C, maybe a bit slower (less powerful) than D09C, but this may be caused to the fact that the D09C is well used (broken in) while the SPK50 was brand new (and extremely tacky) when I tested it this Monday.

Today I will test both rubbers in real training-matches and I hope that the SPK50 can compete with D09C, because the price of the Dignics is really crazy and therefore I would be happy to find a much cheaper alternative from Nittaku.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Do post some feedback on the Nittaku Sieger PK 50 (i too hope this do well).

This rubber has been heavily criticized in Japan against Dignics 09C, ignoring the fact that this is a totally different price range and etc. Feel a lot has been too heavy handed.

At least I can understand if ppl compare it vs FastArc G1, but versus any Dignic or Tenergy range seems to be an unfair comparison.

This user has no status.
For me the playing-characteristic of Dignics 09C is far away from H3. This does not mean that one of them is better than the other. They are simply different. Besides the tackiness D09C has nothing else to do with H3. One player will say that he definitely prefers the H3, the other one (like me) would say that the Dignics fits much better to his game.

Personally I am used to European (ESN Tensor) or Japanese (Butterfly Spring Sponge) rubbers. For a long time I used medium hard rubbers between 42 and 45°. In the last 2 years I switched to the harder versions like Nexus EL Pro 48 or 50, Rhyzer Pro 50, T05 and T05 Hard. From time to time I tried out different versions of the H3 (Commercial, Provincial, National, Neo and Non-Neo, boosted and unboosted), but besides the annoying boosting-process I also did not get used to any H3. Maybe I am too silly to understand this rubber.

When I tried out the D09C, it was a pleasure from the first moment on. Of course the feeling was different (for example compared with T05, T05 Hard or Dignics 05), but nevertheless I had no problems in any part. This rubber is very spinny, has lots of control and enough power for attacking.

In the last weeks I tested my new blades (from "hipnotic") side by side with different rubber-combinations. Fortunately several of the harder rubbers fit to this blade and I am be able to play with most of them. But up to last week none of the tested rubbers had a similar feeling like D09C (for me the first choice on my backhand) - until I tested the Nittaku Sieger PK 50 three days ago (with my robot). This is the first rubber, which has similar playing-skills like the D09C, maybe a bit slower (less powerful) than D09C, but this may be caused to the fact that the D09C is well used (broken in) while the SPK50 was brand new (and extremely tacky) when I tested it this Monday.

Today I will test both rubbers in real training-matches and I hope that the SPK50 can compete with D09C, because the price of the Dignics is really crazy and therefore I would be happy to find a much cheaper alternative from Nittaku.

I created a topic under Nittaku rubbers . Will appreciate your feedback on SPK50.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2020
I tried Rakza Z on one side and Dignics 09c on the other, on the Hurricane Long 5x blade, and these are my observations:

Rakza Z is more linear, i.e. the slow shots and the fast shots are directly proportional to the force you exert, while the Dignics 09c has more of a response that when you do a weak shot it is very slow, but the forceful shots have more zing to it. The 09c has a higher top speed than the Rakza Z. At first I could not pinpoint what the difference is because they are very similar. 09c is slower on the slow end, and faster on the fast end.

I find it more enjoyable to use the 09c because the higher gears has a satisfying click + speed boost, but the Rakza Z is more controlled in my opinion, so it depends on what you are going for. I think in the end Rakza Z may win me more points my getting my shots with placement and on the table more times, but the 09c will have more put away power and the slow spinny loops are quite spinny.

On slow loops, the 09c will have more spin.

Rakza Z behaves more like Hurricane 3 Neo Prov Blue Sponge, with a big difference: the throw angle of Rakza Z is much higher than Hurricane. The top end speed will also be faster on the boosted Blue Sponge.

Last edited: