Is this Taksim fake or real?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2021
I want to buy a new Taksim but the Butterfly website was showing Out of Stock for weeks and there's no ETA about the availability. Then I found a seller from China, they sent me images about a recently received Taksim.
However I can see uneven pattern on the handle, also the price is way cheaper than the offical website. So does this mean the blade is a fake?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2021
taksim.jpg

finnaly got able to send pic 🤣

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Is the Hurricane National real? How much is he selling the Hurricane to you for?

Spoken like a true Equipment Junkie with a bad case of the EJ Virus. The guy asks if the blade is real and shows photos and you ask him if the H3 is real when the OP does not even know if the blade the guy is selling is real.

If the blade is possibly a fake, then, would you trust buying the rubber from the guy before you found out if the blade was legit? hahahaha.

魏煜欣 (OP) is it possible to get him to give you a photo that shows the silver tag at the base of the handle? Also, does the blade have any of those holographic things Butterfly started putting on their blades to make them harder to counterfeit?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2021

Spoken like a true Equipment Junkie with a bad case of the EJ Virus. The guy asks if the blade is real and shows photos and you ask him if the H3 is real when the OP does not even know if the blade the guy is selling is real.

If the blade is possibly a fake, then, would you trust buying the rubber from the guy before you found out if the blade was legit? hahahaha.

魏煜欣 (OP) is it possible to get him to give you a photo that shows the silver tag at the base of the handle? Also, does the blade have any of those holographic things Butterfly started putting on their blades to make them harder to counterfeit?

Â

gem.jpg

not sure but is this gem the holographic thing?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2021
The bottom and back look right.

I've not seen Butterfly blades come in the plastic shrinkwrap like that though. It's possible that only the Chinese distributor get it like that. On your first picture I cannot see that shrinkwrap, was that taken after it was removed?
Â
the picture was sent by the seller, I asked for a video yesterday and still see the shrinkwrap, so I think in the first pic the shrinkwrap is there but just can not see it clearly due to angle.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
The bottom and back look right.

I've not seen Butterfly blades come in the plastic shrinkwrap like that though. It's possible that only the Chinese distributor get it like that. On your first picture I cannot see that shrinkwrap, was that taken after it was removed?
Since Haggisv said what I was thinking to say, I will let it stand. :)

The shrink wrap really does make me wonder though. With all the things Butterfly does to make people know a product is authentic, why would they use such budget shrink wrap?