says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Last edited:
This user has no status.
I see, i don't drink those things

Also i am fasting now, and soon i will go out to Dubai Sports World, not sure if they are open now or not, but i would like to discover that place, and if there are games this time i would like to play something since over 1 week of stop, they have free training sessions, and i registered but they asked me which date, they mentioned 5 separated days/dates, i asked them if i can register on them all and i still wait their reply, but i will go there today soon to see about what is this place and how is the environment.

Now what i should tell the coach who will train me? i did have 2 trains before with 2 different coaches, so i don't want to repeat same lessons as starters, i hope i can ask him something different if it is only 1-5 days.

Reactions: fais
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Here is my arsenal of blades starting from top left:
DHS W997, DHS W997, DHS W968, DHS 506 PG handle, Viscaria FL,
Carbonado 190, Carbonado 145 (NEW), Banda Waldner Offensive, Dr.Neubauer Hallmark, Schöler+Micke Carbon Plus and last and least Custom Cpen (Caroba-Rosewood-Balsa-Rosewood-Caroba)

image.jpg

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Carbonado 190, Carbonado 145 (NEW), Banda Waldner Offensive, Dr.Neubauer Hallmark, Schöler+Micke Carbon Plus and last and least Custom Cpen.

image.jpg

Giang, great collection.

That Banda is a classic. You've got to take a photo of that one from a few angles to do it justice. That is as good as it gets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: LucasMcCaine
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Giang, great collection.

That Banda is a classic. You've got to take a photo of that one from a few angles to do it justice. That is as good as it gets.

Sent from my iPhancymobile using Tapatalk
Sure I will do it for you, Carl :) Also added the composition of the custom blade.

This user has no status.
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Sure I will do it for you, Carl :) Also added the composition of the custom blade.

The custom blade seems pretty sweet as well. Would love to see a side view of the plies. Good stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Read 14 reviews
Carbonado 190, Carbonado 145 (NEW), Banda Waldner Offensive, Dr.Neubauer Hallmark, Schöler+Micke Carbon Plus and last and least Custom Cpen (Caroba-Rosewood-Balsa-Rosewood-Caroba)

Love your collection Giangt, which one is your favorite?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2013
Read 2 reviews
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 8 reviews

Nice blade. I noticed you didn't sand the edge of your rosewood. I found it is almost impossible to use my rosewood without sanding, cause my figure hurts after training. Eventually I sanded my rosewood but it is kind of ugly...

Thanks. I noticed the same thing, the first day I got my blade glued up, I wanted to play, but after not long, my fingers nearly got cut, so I had to wait for sandpaper before I can play again. I did sand my blade a bit afterwards. IMG_20150618_002826.jpgIMG_20150605_222340.jpg Here is my new bat :D Carbonado 145; Forehand = H3 neo; Backhand = Tenergy 05

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2013
Read 2 reviews
Thanks. I noticed the same thing, the first day I got my blade glued up, I wanted to play, but after not long, my fingers nearly got cut, so I had to wait for sandpaper before I can play again. I did sand my blade a bit afterwards. Here is my new bat :D Carbonado 145; Forehand = H3 neo; Backhand = Tenergy 05

Woo Carbonado 145 or 190 was the blade I was thinking too, and I went for Rosewood XO because of the light weight. How does it feel comparing with rosewood? Do you know how much it weigh? My Rosewood was around 80g. I haven't seen the Carbonado in Penhold been sold in the UK yet.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Yeah. It is great to try as many rackets as possible. A few years ago I played at a club that had 100s of members in NYC's Chinatown. I was also friends with the owner and one of the employees. He is a big time equipment junkie and he would get everyone to let him try their blades and then he would make me try them. So, back then I tried a lot of blades. Literally hundreds. For me to try that many blades without that scenario of getting people to let me try them, it would have been thousands of dollars without even counting the price of rubbers.

So try all you want. If you are buying to collect, that is different than buying to try a blade. But, after the first blade you should generally buy when you know you want it or have tried a blade and know it will work for you. But buying because you want to try something can get awfully expensive. If you have the money and money is no object then go for it. But if your budget is tight, coaching is more valuable than newer and more fancy blades. I have come to realize that if I play with any decent setup for long enough (slow or fast) that I will get used to the timing with it and it will work for me.

I have also come to know that, when I was more beginner, what I liked was always fast and always felt great in topspin rallies. But at a certain point I realized that with blades that have a little more dwell time and more control, I win more, I play better in short game and in topspin rallies.

So it is worth knowing that as your skills grow, what you like in a setup will develop as you can feel more of what the equipment actually does for you.

Sent from my Multi-Blade Phone using EJtalk

Emphasis in Bold.

The Kanaph and Arirang that got heisted via a window smash & grab like a DHS training exercise (Think something else. NOT the TT Company) , those blades were both decently fast blades, but had a slower gear too and I could control the faster gears too.

That heist made me drop down to ALL class 5 ply wood blade (LISSOM) and my match performance was same, or improving by the week, I tested most of the Nexy line before I went into business with them and NOW, since last night it is the Kim Jung Hoon with Aurus/Elpis that is my current natural balance and progression. KJH is in general around the OFF MINUS range, but has lower and higher gears depending on impact and grip pressure.

Maybe Carl will break out hiz KJH and have at it with his ex-pro Tennis coach (who can play good TT) and maybe HE will see the difference in Carl's shots.

Last edited: