New backhand rubber

says STAX X9000 is the BEST!
Do you know how heavy it is? I asked Gewo, they sent me weight for packaged rubber :)
Not directly... but indirectly I weighted current racket build, and before I glued XT, also some weighting on changing rubbers before, so if I do some not too hard math, then XT cut and with glue weight about 46 gramms... My calculations is from this: the overall weight my current racket (Cedric Nuytinck blade, EL48 max on BH, XT48 max on FH) is 183.8 gramms, it was 187.6 gramms when I used to have Tibhar Hybrid K1 (euro. edt.) max on FH, and it was 184.2 when I had Hybrid K1 on FH and Joola Rhyzer 48 max on BH, and I also know the weight of cut Rhyzer 48 (with some glue leftovers), it's 46.5 gramms, and the weight of the blade without rubbers and glue is 85.0 gramms...

This user has no status.
From table tennis rubber weight reference site, the stiga mantra s is the lightest with 42 degree.
Xiom vega europe and donic acuda s2 seem good too... I heard that the vega europe is not durable at all, the topsheet worn out quickly and lose grip.
Acuda s2 is a pretty old rubber comparing to Stiga mantra but what about the quality of mantra ? Is stiga good in table tennis rubber ? Dan says that it is the best stiga rubber in term of quality and reaches other ESN rubber... so ...
My retiler doesnt sell Gewo rubbers... I guess they are pretty good but I cant get them.

Speaking of Gewo XT for FH, have you seen/tried Gewo EL Pro 50 or 53, I am guessing its new rubber.
I know about them, but didn't try, but maybe try one of them or both in the future... for now my budget on table tennis inventory for next 1-2 months is already spend on second setup (the same as the main setup, I like to have two identical rackets, one for trainings and rubber experiments, second for tournaments)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
I have mantra S on the BH and i find it very good here as it's very grippy and pretty direct trajectory (still not too much)

I also played R42 before but finally i didn't like it, it gets not grippy after a while and even in general i found it harder to grab the ball

I recomend to try XT on FH, it's a monster, but quite tamed monster ;)

Tried XT Pro 48 on your recommendation. Sorry to say this but it is sh&t! Not trying to offend you. Changed it after 2 sessions. Can send it to you with a huge discount :)

Researching EL Pro 50 now or putting EL Pro 48 again on FH. Meanwhile playing with Rasanter R47 on new Viscaria, and it is quite good. Have a sheet of R50 laying around somewhere, maybe will try that one just for the hell of it.

Tried XT Pro 48 on your recommendation. Sorry to say this but it is sh&t! Not trying to offend you. Changed it after 2 sessions. Can send it to you with a huge discount :)

Researching EL Pro 50 now or putting EL Pro 48 again on FH. Meanwhile playing with Rasanter R47 on new Viscaria, and it is quite good. Have a sheet of R50 laying around somewhere, maybe will try that one just for the hell of it.
For me rasanter r47 is ****, I like rasanter r50 though... So it's a matter of taste maybe... If you don't like xt48 then I wouldn't recommend you trying el50, it's pretty much the same, el50 is a little harder and powerful, but xt48 is more forgiving... Sorry, but don't interested in you sending me used xt48, I have two of them and one el50, and I only have two blades, so don't need another for now...

For me rasanter r47 is ****, I like rasanter r50 though... So it's a matter of taste maybe... If you don't like xt48 then I wouldn't recommend you trying el50, it's pretty much the same, el50 is a little harder and powerful, but xt48 is more forgiving... Sorry, but don't interested in you sending me used xt48, I have two of them and one el50, and I only have two blades, so don't need another for now...

xt48 is very linear, style wise I am a power looper I guess, so it doesn't fit me at all. How is Rasanter R50? I've read different reviews, heard that it is very fast and possibly as spinny as T05, but hard, thus technique and legs have to be nearly perfect.

xt48 is very linear, style wise I am a power looper I guess, so it doesn't fit me at all. How is Rasanter R50? I've read different reviews, heard that it is very fast and possibly as spinny as T05, but hard, thus technique and legs have to be nearly perfect.
In my hands (I'm not so good player, I'm now playing kinda like this (and this was a great match for me): link) R50 is even more linear than xt48, IMO Rasanter series is mostly have spin from the sponge, the topsheet is not very grippy, so with R50 you only have "power play", you have to always use the sponge, but with such a hard sponge you either use full force, or, as you wrote, have to somehow use great technique whithout any mistakes (which I don't have)... BTW Omega 7 Asia is kinda like R50 but with more spinny topsheet, but it have even harder sponge than R50, so for not so linear power play you have to have good phisique and technique (which I don't have, so had to give up on this rubber)... I don't like some "pillow" feeling of R47 sponge on power play compared to more "springy" feeling of Tenergy 05, so only one training with R47 and give it away, R50 doesn't have this "pillow" feeling on power play...

In my hands (I'm not so good player, I'm now playing kinda like this (and this was a great match for me): link) R50 is even more linear than xt48, IMO Rasanter series is mostly have spin from the sponge, the topsheet is not very grippy, so with R50 you only have "power play", you have to always use the sponge, but with such a hard sponge you either use full force, or, as you wrote, have to somehow use great technique whithout any mistakes (which I don't have)... BTW Omega 7 Asia is kinda like R50 but with more spinny topsheet, but it have even harder sponge than R50, so for not so linear power play you have to have good phisique and technique (which I don't have, so had to give up on this rubber)... I don't like some "pillow" feeling of R47 sponge on power play compared to more "springy" feeling of Tenergy 05, so only one training with R47 and give it away, R50 doesn't have this "pillow" feeling on power play...

Watched your videos. Yes, we have very different FH techniques :) However, I understand why with your technique you like XT48. My style is completely different.
Also, if I may, I think you could improve quite a lot if you focused just on your footwork for the next 6-12 months.

I would also argue that R47 gives you pillow feeling. It is just not as springy, but it is pretty hard, harder than EL Pro 48 imo. When I power loop or loop in general, I recently played with a guy who is around 2250, and he struggled with my loops from R47 on Viscaria. I brush a little too much when I loop, so sponge is probably not engaged as much as you say, but I generate a lot of spin with my FH. So top sheet or sponge, R47 gives you quite a lot of spin. I think it is better in generating spin on shorter strokes than EL Pro 48.